Winter 2020 is here with chilly water, regular “Florida” cold fronts coming through followed by north and west winds lowering our water levels and making the water nice and clear. East Central Florida winter conditions range from mild to chilly, during mild periods fish are more spread out through the backcountry along drop offs, in channels and in holes, a colder period after a strong cold front concentrates the fish more in a tighter schooling pattern. A couple cold water fish we are catching in winter are Bluefish and Sheepshead in addition to all the resident species which we catch year round,including Seatrout, Redfish, Snook, Black Drum, Mangrove Snapper and more. Artificial lures become a better bet with clear water, the fish in the back channels can see it from a longer distance making lures more effective than in our cloudy water of summer. Repeat client Joshfrom Australia and now Orlando caught this beautiful 30” Redfish on one of his “Aussie” soft plastics off a back country drop off atour first stop this morning ……………..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jan 2020 Josh 30 Redfish.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	131.2 KB 
ID:	19605

I even get to catch a fish every now and then, like this pretty Spotted Seatrout I got on a soft plastic lure during one of those chilly Florida winter mornings ……………

Name:	Jan 2020 CaptMike Trout.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	199.3 KB 
ID:	19606

Florida Pompano are a less common member of the Atlantic Jack family which happen to be very good eating as well as super hard fighters as areall Jacks, young Matthew from Ohio with a beauty he caught with me recently ……………

Name:	Jan 2020 MatthewPompano.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	19607

Black Drum are a year around staple fish here in the back waters, most are school size ranging from 1 to 5 lbs. Always hard fighters with a spirited battle on light tackle for even the modest sized ones.Jackson from Ohio had a fun time with this one …………………

Name:	Jan 2020 Jackson Drum.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	116.9 KB 
ID:	19608

Little Amelia was out with her family with me on a recent trip, catching many different backcountry species as usual including a few good Pompano …………….

Name:	Jan 2020 Amelia Pompano.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	221.3 KB 
ID:	19609

FUN FRIENDLY LIGHT TACKLE FISHING ADVENTURES
Indian River and Mosquito Lagoon Backcountry and Flats Fishing
CHILDREN ALWAYS WELCOME – FAIR PRICES
Near Daytona Beach, New Smyrna Beach, and Orlando, East Central Florida

Name:	YoungBoatPhoto.jpg 
Views:	168