Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 16

Thread: Ohio River

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Junction City Ky
    Posts
    1,109
    Post Thanks / Like

    Ohio River


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    LOU., KY
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just curious if anyone would be comfortable using this boat ramp after dark. Iíve fished behind the falls at night donít think I would leave vehicle unattended and possible personal safety issues. Not the best place to be after dark.
    Likes roughriderbill liked this post

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Junction City Ky
    Posts
    1,109
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have never fished the Ohio river and as I read this article I was also wondering if this was a decent area and a good stretch of the river to fish. Anyone?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by snookman View Post
    Just curious if anyone would be comfortable using this boat ramp after dark. Iíve fished behind the falls at night donít think I would leave vehicle unattended and possible personal safety issues. Not the best place to be after dark.
    I wouldn't trust it during the day.
    Shootings aren't uncommon in that neighborhood.
    Likes Wormin liked this post

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    LOU., KY
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can be some really good fishing behind dams. Be careful and wear personal flotation devices. Lots of current and shallow water rock formations just below surface depending on river levels. As far as ramp I would make trip across bridge. Personal opinion ramp in Shawnee park is a big waste of tax payer money, donít think I would use it during day and definitely not at night. Also, be on the look out for Asian Carp!
    Likes Wormin, roughriderbill liked this post

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Junction City Ky
    Posts
    1,109
    Post Thanks / Like
    Which ramp should I use across the bridge? Thanks.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    .Lagrange
    Posts
    2,474
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wormin View Post
    Which ramp should I use across the bridge? Thanks.
    The amphitheater in New Albany is the one I use. It's right off 64 and easy to see if your coming over the Sherman Minton. As far as a ramp in that neck of the woods...no thanks, I didn't feel good about the Greenwood boat ramp the few times I had to use it and this one is going to be even closer to crazy stuff. Chuck
    Likes Wormin liked this post

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Junction City Ky
    Posts
    1,109
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Chuck. I looked it up,looks like a good area,good ramp,easy to get too and about 2 mile from Hydro's. Now looking at the river over the years at different water levels it looks like I would be better to go to the right of Sand Island and slow down toward the end I have a fiberglass boat so rocks and fiberglass are not the best of friends. Seance the early years of watching Hope Carlton on Kentucky Afield fish for Walleye/ Sauger I have wanted to fish here, Now 60 I need to pull the trigger or for get it.
    Likes roughriderbill liked this post

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    .Lagrange
    Posts
    2,474
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wormin View Post
    Thanks Chuck. I looked it up,looks like a good area,good ramp,easy to get too and about 2 mile from Hydro's. Now looking at the river over the years at different water levels it looks like I would be better to go to the right of Sand Island and slow down toward the end I have a fiberglass boat so rocks and fiberglass are not the best of friends. Seance the early years of watching Hope Carlton on Kentucky Afield fish for Walleye/ Sauger I have wanted to fish here, Now 60 I need to pull the trigger or for get it.
    You get over this way on a Fri. and I'll be happy to show you around, I know a guy lol. Chuck
    Likes Wormin, GeoFisher liked this post

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Junction City Ky
    Posts
    1,109
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat12 View Post
    You get over this way on a Fri. and I'll be happy to show you around, I know a guy lol. Chuck
    PM sent but your box is full.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    307
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never fished on the Ohio. Is the walleye/sauger bite a consistent bite? Like worth driving 3.5 hours for? Just curious. I know a fella can get up there and catch blues pretty regular from what I have read and seen but i'm not crazy about eating blues. Thanks!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    .Lagrange
    Posts
    2,474
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wormin View Post
    PM sent but your box is full.
    Did some housekeeping try sending again
    Likes Wormin liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. Blue River confluence on Ohio River
    By 21milesbj in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-20-2017, 08:49 PM
  2. mouth of the salt river and the ohio river
    By usmc_0311_hunter in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-05-2012, 08:07 AM
  3. Ohio River / Little Sandy River / Greenup
    By demodan in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-30-2010, 06:09 PM
  4. Ohio river salt river ramp
    By HURRICANEBOB in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-15-2010, 12:07 AM
  5. Salt River/Ohio River Tonight
    By BrianC282 in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-14-2006, 02:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •