Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great read and it’s a small world my daughter Shelly works there as a CNA in that unit while she goes to RN school in Midway

Post Thanks / Like

I might have met her

Quote Originally Posted by Shellkat View Post
    Great read and it’s a small world my daughter Shelly works there as a CNA in that unit while she goes to RN school in Midway
    I was on the 9th floor ICU from Dec 6th to Dec 28th.

Post Thanks / Like
    Elwood, your number you gave me says it no longer works. So, give me another. I will try to PM you with my number, and if you can read phone numbers rather than fish numbers, maybe you can call me. Bone

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonefish View Post
    Elwood, your number you gave me says it no longer works. So, give me another. I will try to PM you with my number, and if you can read phone numbers rather than fish numbers, maybe you can call me. Bone
    That’s because I’m an idiot and typed in 503 area code instead of 502. I was too busy looking for my Pliers to bend out my hookpoints and should have been watching what I was texting

Post Thanks / Like
    Elwood, here is what I have to say concerning my time knowing you. It is hard to know where to start. It is true I have made some stupid decisions when trying keep up with you and Vaun when it comes to fishing, but just for your information, I do have three “Ky Trophy Fish” labels on the side of my boat. Now, I also have to admit, they were not caught with hooks with crimped barbs or adjust gaps. However, I have read a few articles from the “Pros” on widening the hook gap to increase the “hook-up” percentage. I will just leave that as it may because it could give you some indigestion, and I truly don’t want that to happen.

As far as the “Electric Chicken” is concern, there may be some that do not know what that is. Most lures sold as an “Electric Chicken” have a chartreuse bottom with violet, the most opposite color of chartreuse on the top, you have the most extreme eye catching colors for a lure. My first contact with the “Electric Chicken” was on the cost of South Carolina on the wrath. I walked into an old fishing market where the fishing boats came in with their catch of the day. Sitting around an old whisky barrel of ice-cold beer were a number of old guys talking about fishing. One said he had caught his limit that morning. I ask him what he caught them on and he said an “Electric Chicken.” I thought what in world is an “Electric Chicken.” So he reached in his pocket and pulled out a six-inch plastic “Electric Chicken” fluke. Later that day I bought a pack of “Electric Chickens” and brought them back home. The next week I put one on and when to Cedar Creek Lake, and believe it or not the third cast I made was a four-pound two-oz large mouth. So now I do keep my “Electric Chickens” close to my vest.

While I was working at the University Hospital, I saw the many difficult days you had there, and those days have continued. I don’t think there is a man in this world that has endured as much time in a hospital as you have. Knowing how much you love fishing, I know to some small degree how difficult it is for you not to be on the water. I look forward, if at all possible, to the day we once again may enjoy a day of fishing together. There is nothing in life more meaningful than a true friend. I pray for your healing, Elwood, and never stop being positive and the joy you have with son as he grows into manhood.

Post Thanks / Like

Master storyteller I bow to you

Elwood, oh Elwood! You had me crying last night and tonight with laughter! No one can know the misery I have lived through with this ol' man of mine, the hardest headed piece of human flesh ever created. He is also the kindest, meanest, gentlest, considerate, inconsiderate, person I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. I should have had a clue before we married, (but I am also hard headed) when I knew that his favorite song included the line, "I'm a contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction"....
    anyhow, aren't we all? Once he, or I for that matter, get an idea in our head we stick to it like glue and nothing, not all the evidence in the world, will dislodge it. You can imagine the battle of wills we have! Yet, life has humbled each of us, and I'm thinking, maybe next time you and Bonefish get out, he may, just may, try it your way. Wouldn't you be proud?
    Mrs. Bonefish
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post