Search Fishin.com

Thread: Boat deck help

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Boat deck help

I have older 16ft deep v Lund, maybe a Mr. Pike that is in need of a new floor. I went through and saw a guy named Doug with great reviews who I called and left a vm for but did not hear back.

Does anyone have any contacts or does anyone replace floors/carpet around here? I am willing to drive to a surrounding city like Indy, Cinci.

Thank You in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know anyone that does it personally however have done a few myself. Get ya a couple sheets of Advantech, some outdoor carpet, and some 3M industrial spray glue. Can be done with very few tools (jigsaw, carpet knife, drill). Give it a shot and you will enjoy the reward of a nice finished boat more than if you paid someone to do it. Even if it isn't perfect lol.
    Likes CaptObvious, riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntforfish View Post
    I have older 16ft deep v Lund, maybe a Mr. Pike that is in need of a new floor. I went through and saw a guy named Doug with great reviews who I called and left a vm for but did not hear back.

Does anyone have any contacts or does anyone replace floors/carpet around here? I am willing to drive to a surrounding city like Indy, Cinci.

Thank You in advance.
    Doug moved up north with the love of his life ,wish him well! But nobody misses him.LOL
    Likes riverrat12, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wormin View Post
    Doug moved up north with the love of his life ,wish him well! But nobody misses him.LOL
    Now that's funny right there! LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wormin View Post
    You say he moved up there with his boat?
    Likes riverrat12, Wormin liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Do not use treated plywood

either use marine plywood or regular plywood covered in fiberglass resin. Treated plywood will cause a reaction called galvonic corrosion & eat holes in an aluminium boat. Personally i'd still excapsulate marine plywood in resin & seal all holes where screws were.
    Likes riverrat12, peter liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    either use marine plywood or regular plywood covered in fiberglass resin. Treated plywood will cause a reaction called galvonic corrosion & eat holes in an aluminium boat. Personally i'd still excapsulate marine plywood in resin & seal all holes where screws were.
    Good advice Les!
    Also there is marine plywood and then there is "marine plywood".
    If I were doing this I would call Lund to find out where to get good marine plywood.
    No treated plywood as mentioned anywhere in boat or trailer bunks. I used it and then took my aluminum sea nymph to the scrap yard a year later due to holes caused by the copper in the treated wood. I could write a book on chemical reactions in an aluminum boat! Almost went fiberglass but I guess I'm just an aluminum boat junkie.

PS - also ask Lund about what type alloy/metal screws to use...or just have them send you some. Same for rivets. Dissimilar metals is a problem especially in damp areas. Add salt and it gets a much worse.
    Likes riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have done several I'm a carpenter I always cut pieces to fit coat all edges with fiberglass resin even edges screw down seal holes with resin mesh the edges and seams with fiberglass finish mesh that floor will last a long time
    Likes peter, riverrat12 liked this post