Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Crappie Fishing - Spring Trip Sardis, MS in mind

Good afternoon folks!
    I have been researching a new place to try to go crappie fishing this spring break, 1st week of April. I have it narrowed down to Sardis, MS I think. I was also seriously considering Arkabutla, MS as well as Old Hickory and Watts Bar in TN. I have tried Ky Lake, 2 years ago and Douglas Lake Last year in TN. Any thoughts, pros or cons about Sardis? I have read several posts about the wind on Sardis and that has me a little concerned. I am in a 17-6" bass boat. I guess also a little worried about the "crowd" or people at Sardis as well. Thoughts of recommendations? I am traveling from lexington, ky and am not too concerned about a 5-6 hour trip.
    Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't tell them you are from North of the Masion Dixon line.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob1678 View Post
    Good afternoon folks!
    I have been researching a new place to try to go crappie fishing this spring break, 1st week of April. I have it narrowed down to Sardis, MS I think. I was also seriously considering Arkabutla, MS as well as Old Hickory and Watts Bar in TN. I have tried Ky Lake, 2 years ago and Douglas Lake Last year in TN. Any thoughts, pros or cons about Sardis? I have read several posts about the wind on Sardis and that has me a little concerned. I am in a 17-6" bass boat. I guess also a little worried about the "crowd" or people at Sardis as well. Thoughts of recommendations? I am traveling from lexington, ky and am not too concerned about a 5-6 hour trip.
    Thanks in advance.
    They think that they won the Civil War down there. I would try to time it for the crappie spawn. Now the crappie spawn a little earlier down south in Mississippi. 2nd and 3rd week of April is when we fished KY lake for the crappie spawn. But each year is a little bit different. When the Dogwoods are blooming the crappie are spawing. When the Bradford Pears are blooming the crappie are in pre spawn. Timing is everything. Unless you live on the lake and can go fishing when ever you want you are at the mercy of the weather and when you can get your 2 weeks vacation to go fishing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob1678 View Post
    Good afternoon folks!
    Thanks in advance.
    You might also try Reel foot lake , nice crappie but I would rent a boat down there ,lots a stumps and prolly not bass boat friendly. Good luck and don't worry your a little ways south of the Ohio river (Mason Dixon line)