Search Fishin.com

Thread: groceries

Post Thanks / Like

groceries

i think i made my last trip out for a while yesterday.
    we stocked up on dried beans, canned goods, corn meal, flour, etc.
    time to plant taters and i use last year's leftovers but can't decide whether to plant them or save em to eat.
    cashed all checks i had and buried the money.
    been trying to buy gold and silver but they're ain't any.
    gold sites are down to selling cuff links and jewelry. lol.
    i'm lucky to have a new shop to play in and enough land to raise a big garden.
    already have most of seed i need and enough fuel to last a while.
    wonder how long this will last?
    hunker down boys and stay safe.

by the way... i still say this didn't come from a bat.
    this is what biological warfare looks like, maybe by accident but same result.
    less dramatic but very effective.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dragmerc View Post
    i think i made my last trip out for a while yesterday.
    we stocked up on dried beans, canned goods, corn meal, flour, etc.
    time to plant taters and i use last year's leftovers but can't decide whether to plant them or save em to eat.
    cashed all checks i had and buried the money.
    been trying to buy gold and silver but they're ain't any.
    gold sites are down to selling cuff links and jewelry. lol.
    i'm lucky to have a new shop to play in and enough land to raise a big garden.
    already have most of seed i need and enough fuel to last a while.
    wonder how long this will last?
    hunker down boys and stay safe.

by the way... i still say this didn't come from a bat.
    this is what biological warfare looks like, maybe by accident but the same result.
    less dramatic but very effective.

I agree that this didn't come from a bat or Pantelleria. This is a bug from a bioweapons research lab in Wuhan China that got loose from that Level 4 research lab. I personally don't think it came from the Wet Market that sells fish and other animals for food. It's too close to the other SARS-2 virue. It's like the Chinese researchers too the SARS-2 virus and make it more dangerous.

We used to have a 1/3 acre sized garden that my dad planted in many different types of vegetables. We still have the big chest freezer that we kept the garden vegetables in during the winter. We have frozen beans and corn all winter long. Squash, tomatos, asparagus, blueberries, apples. grapes, blackberries and carrots were some of the vegetables that dad planted. we ate really good and healthy. Dad passed in 2001 and mom sold his Troy Built Tiller which really upset me as I wanted to use the tiller for my own garden at my house. I ended up buying a small tiller and used it at my house. I grew squash and tomatos and some cucumbers but didn't have room for much else. The squash I would cut up and grill on the gas grill. I'd add olive oil and some spices to the squash and grill it to taste. And I had plenty of tomatos for the summer and into early fall. I had problems with those nasty squash bugs. Tried using Seven dust but they persisted and never did go away. They would burrow into the main stem of the squash plant and kill it. I'd pull up the plant by the roots after it died and cut open the stem to find the worms inside the stem. That is how I knew what was killing the plant.

I'm stocked up on food and goods. But I'm a little worried about the shelves being empty of meat and paper products. We can't be still buying that much TP! I mean you can only use to much TP a week. We may be at home longer but that just means that the TP at work is not being used as much. That means the workplaces are not needing to buy more TP as they are not open and not using as much TP there. So that should leave more TP for the stores to sell to home owners. Luckily I keep stocked up on TP pretty good even before this pandemic. And meat should not be in short supply either. We are not going out to eat as much so the restraunts are not buying as much meet. That should free up more meat for the grocery stores to sell to the public. Since people are not eating out they are buying up more meat to cook at home. They should be saving a lot of money doing this. It's much cheaper to cook at steak at home that to buy one at the restaurant. So I really don't know why there is such a meat shortage. Unless people think that they may die and want to go out on a full stomach of Steak Dinner and go out with a bang? That is the only reason I can think of for people buying up all the meat this past week. Hopefully the supply chain will shift over and keep the grocery stores supplied with meat. and Toilet Paper. The restaurants are still serving with grab and go dining.