Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Boat ramps

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    They had a tournament on cumberland out of the dam & said they kept their distance, but i don't think they thought about having to walk up & pay entry which as you know is always cash & then the fellow taking entrys handing the cash back out & then paying winners. Great way to pass it to a bunch of folks if anybody has it & don't know yet. I like tournaments, but i can absolutely see why they're banning tournaments too & they should in my opinion.
    That could happen anywhere that is still operating to public. As a matter of fact, it is very much more likely. I think some are over their skis on this one, I sure hope so anyway. Also just read where the positive nursing home case in Ky is now a negative, how does that happen? Was the person actually exposed to this virus when they were removed from nursing home?

I think everyone should REALLY calm down some. Also read where New York (one of worst hit places on earth) got a shipment of much needed supplies and they went into storage instead of use. Also read where Cuomo is rethinking his stay at home orders. I know this is unprecedented or at least the media is claiming it is. Everyone should use common sense including leaders. I see fishing tournaments at the very bottom of the list currently. Note I’m not talking about the bass master classic type tournaments.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    They had a tournament on cumberland out of the dam & said they kept their distance, but i don't think they thought about having to walk up & pay entry which as you know is always cash & then the fellow taking entrys handing the cash back out & then paying winners. Great way to pass it to a bunch of folks if anybody has it & don't know yet. I like tournaments, but i can absolutely see why they're banning tournaments too & they should in my opinion.

Tim's not afraid of no corona. His biggest fear is Tom Brady. Let him have Cumberland it's like a zoo right now anyways. Thursday there was at least 35-50 truck/trailers at Halcombs. Heck I saw probably 20 bass boats in one creek and this was on a thursday.

Les...If your still going friday night beware of floaters. This is the first time C-land has been over summer pool for a little while so there is some trash and floaters that have moved off the bank. Running from Halcoms across the mainlake was not that bad in the daylight but you had better keep your eyes on the lookout for floaters. In the AM there was more than in the afternoon time. I suppose as the day went along the wind pushed some back to the bank. When the wind dies at night this will sometimes bring the floaters back off the bank when its on the rise. All I saw was the lower end so I have no idea about anywhere else. Main lake at Halcombs at daylight was 53 and 57 around 3 pm. Creeks are 55-59 with good stain at the mouth and 3/4 back you get strong color. I only saw a very small amount of floaters in the creeks but it only takes one to make it a bad night so beware on your upcoming night trip.
    Last edited by R19; 03-26-2020 at 09:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    Tim's not afraid of no corona. His biggest fear is Tom Brady. Let him have Cumberland it's like a zoo right now anyways. Thursday there was at least 35-50 truck/trailers at Halcombs. Heck I saw probably 20 bass boats in one creek and this was on a thursday.

Les...If your still going friday night beware of floaters. This is the first time C-land has been over summer pool for a little while so there is some trash and floaters that have moved off the bank. Running from Halcoms across the mainlake was not that bad in the daylight but you had better keep your eyes on the lookout for floaters. In the AM there was more than in the afternoon time. I suppose as the day went along the wind pushed some back to the bank. When the wind dies at night this will sometimes bring the floaters back off the bank when its on the rise. All I saw was the lower end so I have no idea about anywhere else. Main lake at Halcombs at daylight was 53 and 57 around 3 pm. Creeks are 55-59 with good stain at the mouth and 3/4 back you get strong color. I only saw a very small amount of floaters in the creeks but it only takes one to make it a bad night so beware on your upcoming night trip.
    Yep Gene that one can make it bad real quick like. lol I may just go to caney & lilly. I have a buddy that's suppose to be down there tonight so i should know more about it tomorrow. I grew above Cumberland Point so believe me i know all about the floaters. Saw it wall to wall many a time so i'm very careful this time of year. I never got to go all winter & am so ready it's pitiful. lol Thanks Buddy.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is new to all of us. Overreaction is understandable, comes a point where overreacting gets pretty scary or worse.

I’m betting very few here lived through Great Depression, I suggest you to research it. Then think about how society has changed since. Wash your **** hands, stay away from people, and wash **** hands! Seems pretty simple. Why not this type of reaction to swine flu? Anyone even remember that pandemic?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    This is new to all of us. Overreaction is understandable, comes a point where overreacting gets pretty scary or worse.

I’m betting very few here lived through Great Depression, I suggest you to research it. Then think about how society has changed since. Wash your **** hands, stay away from people, and wash **** hands! Seems pretty simple. Why not this type of reaction to swine flu? Anyone even remember that pandemic?
    TimE flw just had a 150 boat tournment on lake Martin but I didn't see results for co-anglers. guessing just the pros are fishing. Bassmasters postponed there tournments.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Wash your **** hands, stay away from people, and wash **** hands! Seems pretty simple.
    I couldn't agree more buddy. I have literally washed my hands & used hand sanitizer so much that my hand are cracked open.

Post Thanks / Like

Tournaments

Lots of tournament trail are postponing or cancelled. The TBF I fish and help run has canceled all tournaments til later same was done in the club I fish. Maybe it wasn’t necessary but being safe is route most are taking. I can go to the local lake and fish by myself or my son and not really get in contact with anyone but a big out of town tournament drawing people from all over is different. There will still be small local tournaments but those aren’t near as bad at least. But as far as boats on the lake I don’t see that slowing down lots of people not working and not going to school. All the lakes here are packed and even busy during the week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cumberland often host large tournaments due to its size, plus it has multiple ramps with enough parking for 100+ vehicles. Of the large tournaments the most common is an occasional BFL but they hoist multiple large high school tournaments. BFL's have people traveling from all over the state plus they draw from TN, OH and possibly other states. Is it really a good practice to have them gather at Cumberland or any other lake for that matter. Then you have the large high school events that have 100 or more boats. When doing this they often have teams from Lexington and Louisville. Fayette and Jefferson County are the two highest counties with confirmed cases of COVID-19 in KY. This may sound odd and don't take it for more than just words but I suppose the only good thing is high school age kids have an extremely low death rate from COVID-19.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well it looks like the Governor of KY is making his stance on fishing tournaments at Dale Hollow State Park. I will post a link but if you don't want to read the entire link I will just paste a brief portion of it.

"Two additional park rangers have been added at Dale Hollow State Park to enforce social distancing and prevent crowds at campgrounds, Beshear said. The additions came after complaints about a fishing tournament".

https://www.wdrb.com/news/watch-live...057e9f735.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Tournaments should voluntarily stop imo. Something worse than tournaments maybe marinas though, houseboats. Several out of state vehicles parked up at the floating party pads.

Post Thanks / Like
    If we could get them to voluntary stop every year from April 1 until May 30 that would be great.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Tournaments should voluntarily stop imo. Something worse than tournaments maybe marinas though, houseboats. Several out of state vehicles parked up at the floating party pads.
    I agree 100% that tournaments should stop. There a little courtesy dock below where my buddy lives & he said that Friday there were 2 pontoons packed full of people tied up to it partying & grilling out having a big time. Face it guys when it comes to the lakes a lot of folks b*tch about tournaments & fishermen in general, but there are so many clueless folks when it comes to pleasure boating that it's unreal.
    Likes joey heller, GeoFisher liked this post