Search Fishin.com

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Boat ramps

Post Thanks / Like
    Just seen a post from wolf river marina about out of state visitors must stay 2 weeks in quaritine

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellkat View Post
    Just seen a post from wolf river marina about out of state visitors must stay 2 weeks in quaritine
    Lol, good thinking! Have the marinas enforce it (massive sarcasm)! That the thing, it hasn’t been enforced at all. Just another reason to give for shutting down ramps. Tournaments? Who knows of a tournament that has happened since the Cumberland tournament Bradley Roy proudly posted? I know of a few on Ky but no one can stop them, heck Les, you and I can have a tournament tomorrow. Thing is at some point this has to be looked at as overreaching. It’s pointing to one thing.

Hope I’m wrong but if you research on this the information is out there. We may be prolonging this to where it is always a risk.
    Introducing new executive orders almost daily ain’t gonna stop it either.

Post Thanks / Like
    $5000 fine for disregarding a executive order would stop a lot of it don’t apply to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    Lol, good thinking! Have the marinas enforce it (massive sarcasm)! That the thing, it hasn’t been enforced at all. Just another reason to give for shutting down ramps. Tournaments? Who knows of a tournament that has happened since the Cumberland tournament Bradley Roy proudly posted? I know of a few on Ky but no one can stop them, heck Les, you and I can have a tournament tomorrow. Thing is at some point this has to be looked at as overreaching. It’s pointing to one thing.

Hope I’m wrong but if you research on this the information is out there. We may be prolonging this to where it is always a risk.
    Introducing new executive orders almost daily ain’t gonna stop it either.
    Almost every major lake has a park ranger if they want to stop tournaments they just need to patrol ramps in the mornings write a few tickets and they will stop. But from what I have seen on Facebook all my friends here sound like they won’t be having tournaments so I don’t see it coming to that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fntsyfbgod View Post
    Almost every major lake has a park ranger if they want to stop tournaments they just need to patrol ramps in the mornings write a few tickets and they will stop. But from what I have seen on Facebook all my friends here sound like they won’t be having tournaments so I don’t see it coming to that.
    Like I said, where was the tournaments happening? Sure some cookie jar tournaments on Ky lake but those are impossible to stop. My question is are all these out of state boats here fishing tournaments? Of course not.

The reality is that Ky may be the worst hit state in country, we have no idea. We surely have a very high death rate and testing very little. Throwing out unenforceable executive orders is nothing more than a power grab. When is it too much? Personal responsibility has to enter the equation sooner rather than later, can’t keep going down this road unless we add a hammer and sickle to our flag.
    Likes BGO liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fntsyfbgod View Post
    Not exactly read the whole press release statement or whatever you wanna call it. Yeah he says be safe stay home but at the same time they encourage outdoor activities done in a responsible manner. Even in Ohio and West Virginia where they have shelter in place orders they also encourage outdoor activities I think they list hiking stuff like that. It’s common sense going to the lake I don’t need to get even close to anyone I might get gas pay at pump use some hand sanitizer. Loading and unloading I don’t need to interact. So I can’t really see why anyone would think fishing done smart isn’t ok.
    Well, I was just going by this graphic of his 10 tips that he starts every press conference with. Number 1 says leave your house once a week for groceries. Otherwise, stay at home. Not saying I agree with it, just that is what he's saying.

https://twitter.com/GovAndyBeshear/s...372103682?s=20

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EUcJF7NW...pg&name=medium

Post Thanks / Like
    New gates up at local state park ramp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Which one and open or closed

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellkat View Post
    Which one and open or closed
    Barren

Post Thanks / Like
    What's the exact wording in this executive order? The one I have seen makes exceptions for essential activities like exercising, walking etc as long as the distancing guidelines are followed. No mention of boating, fishing, ramps etc. Driving your car to groceries, pharmacies, essential activities is allowed. Is there any specific reason to not allow riding your boat for fishing as long as distancing rules are followed.
    Is it that there is a higher risk of transmission / contamination at the boat ramps? Wouldn't enforcing distancing rules at the room and having a person continuously disinfecting contact surfaces minimize this risk?

Post Thanks / Like

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by lrak View Post
    What's the exact wording in this executive order? The one I have seen makes exceptions for essential activities like exercising, walking etc as long as the distancing guidelines are followed. No mention of boating, fishing, ramps etc. Driving your car to groceries, pharmacies, essential activities is allowed. Is there any specific reason to not allow riding your boat for fishing as long as distancing rules are followed.
    Is it that there is a higher risk of transmission / contamination at the boat ramps? Wouldn't enforcing distancing rules at the room and having a person continuously disinfecting contact surfaces minimize this risk?
    I’m pretty sure most ramps will stay open. What you might see is some places closing at night. I think you could see park rangers and such patrol and watch ramps for gatherings but I don’t see lakes closing unless it’s a special situation and it’s tied with a recreation area or campground. Regardless there will still be fishing opportunities on smaller places just hope it doesn’t come to that.

Post Thanks / Like

Michigan

They went to no boats under power restrictions AND everyone in a boat has to be from the same address
    Ohio shut down out of state license sales because of crowding om the walleye run
    Washington has closed all hunting and fishing
    Just depends on what way the political winds are blowing
    Stay safe everyone