Search Fishin.com

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Boat ramps

Post Thanks / Like

Boat Ramps

South Carolina's Governor closed all public gathering areas including public boat ramps.
    Likes Wormin liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Might be a good time to go and rent a slip on your favor-et lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Cedar

Cedar Creek might get a much needed break during the upcoming spawn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RngerMac View Post
    Cedar Creek might get a much needed break during the upcoming spawn.
    Unless they shut down the state ramps i doubt it will because that has to be the most over fished hole in the state. Small lake with extreme fishing pressure is an understatement. There are folks that wouldn't spend the cash to own a boat & go to cumberland, green & herrington that went out & bought boats just for Cedar Creek & that's all they fish. It's handy for testing the boat to me & fishing a couple times a year at night when i don't feel like going to one of the other 3.Nothing against it & yes i've caught some good ones there, but there are plenty more enjoyable places without as many boats per acre for me to enjoy & you can catch just as many good ones in a season too imo. .You may have to spend a few more dollars to go to the others though which is why a lot of locals only fish Cedar Creek too.

Post Thanks / Like
    You mean the Cedar 500, been 4 times I’m surprised the fish aren’t all washed up on the bank

Post Thanks / Like

Not necessary

It’s not at all necessary to close ramps to stop tournaments and hopefully Andy knows this, sounds like he does. I talked to a park ranger yesterday he said they are patrolling the campground and making sure people are using social distancing and it hasn’t been a problem. Same thing can be done at ramps almost every ramp has some sort of park nearby and Park ranger that can patrol ramps and make sure there aren’t big gatherings. The only changes I could see is the DBNF closing ramps because after working with the feds for years I have found out they are the kings of overreacting and don’t hesitate to stop public access. Also I could see an Andy do something more that allows law enforcement to give fines for social gatherings or gives them more power to stop it. Absolute worst possible case will be our fishing is limited and some places get closed but there will be places we have access I can about guarantee that.

In the worst examples South Carolina closed boat ramps I’m told but you can still fish this was just to stop tournaments. You still would have kayak/small boat options. And Washington stopped all fishing but I’m going out on a limb and saying it might have something to do with west coast liberals running it and possibly because it’s different fishing people grouping together fishing more salmon runs ect.
    Last edited by Fntsyfbgod; 04-02-2020 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Added
    Likes riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Tennessee closings

Tennessee is closing all state parks and TVA is closing some recreation areas including boat ramps. I wasn’t planning on going to Tennessee anytime soon anyway but kinda what you might expect . From what I understood they are shutting down anything that needs to be managed or where people get together. Sounds like other boat ramps will be open but the ones in recreation areas or parks are closing.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can count on Ky ramps closing then. Our governor won’t be outdone plus that is just going to push more tn anglers to Ky ramps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like instead of tournaments getting ramps shut down it will be out of state anglers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    Looks like instead of tournaments getting ramps shut down it will be out of state anglers.
    Tim, you just hit the nail dead center! A quick scan of license plates in the parking lots and you see Ohio, Indiana, and Michigan plates, and bot the odd plate here and there, it's a bunch of them. I thought the Govs rules were "if you come in to Kentucky from another state you MUST self quarantine for 14 days" ???
    personally I dont care if they come and fish but its chafes me a little to think of all the people not ALLOWED to work right now while these out of state folks disregard our residents sacrifices.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stripernut1 View Post
    Tim, you just hit the nail dead center! A quick scan of license plates in the parking lots and you see Ohio, Indiana, and Michigan plates, and bot the odd plate here and there, it's a bunch of them. I thought the Govs rules were "if you come in to Kentucky from another state you MUST self quarantine for 14 days" ???
    personally I dont care if they come and fish but its chafes me a little to think of all the people not ALLOWED to work right now while these out of state folks disregard our residents sacrifices.
    Seen one Illinois plate and a Texas plate at a local marina. Tn plates with boat trailers. You are right, in the grand scheme it’s not about boat ramps or fishing at this time. It’s about the health of Ky citizens that are trying our best to stop the spread. Kind of arrogant and inconsiderate of those honestly.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

Had a fellow tell me he had to wait in line to launch at Lilly Creek ramp on Cumberland Saturday because of a huge amount of Ohio boats in line to launch. There needs to be game wardens & local police writing tickets at every ramp & if coming here to fish from out of state they need to spend the night in jail & ticketed too. Also if somebody is holding tournaments they need to be ticketed too. There's absolutely no reason knowing about the executive order & just ignoring it simply because you don't give a sh*t about the health of others. If i was wildlife officer & could write a ticket for it because i'd be smoking some *sses for it. Pitiful to take a chance of bringing more of that crap here than is already here & locals chancing passing it around over a few bucks & a frigging fish too. Idiots!!!
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post