Search Fishin.com

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Boat ramps

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Longdrive View Post
    They went to no boats under power restrictions AND everyone in a boat has to be from the same address
    Ohio shut down out of state license sales because of crowding om the walleye run
    Washington has closed all hunting and fishing
    Just depends on what way the political winds are blowing
    Stay safe everyone
    That being said every state is different too. Northern states with salmon or walleye runs have a higher risk of people stacking up together. A lot of fishing is Washington is done on piers. We already shut down campgrounds to keep out of state campers away. I think we stopped out of state turkey tag sales so I can definitely see not selling anymore out of state fishing licenses or suspending them. I could also see the rule fisherman in a boat must be in the same house but I don’t think it’s as likely. The one thing that might cause the everyone in same house rule is pleasure boaters. I’ve been to Michigan a lot and I think those rules have to do with a lot with Pleasure boaters not fisherman. Like I said I don’t think fishing gets shutdown but I do think there is a good chance we see more restrictions to keep people safe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bassracr View Post
    I I am from Ohio and have a second home in Kentucky.I pay Kentucky property taxes. I have a out-of-state Kentucky fishing license. I have lost my job due to coronavirus and I have been a freak about social distancing due to elders in my family .I plan on coming to Kentucky and fishing and staying at my second home since I am currently out work .it’s what I love to do and have have decades of work invested to make this happen ,and this is what I can look forward to? Really? You want to stare someone down because they have an Ohio license plate? I will be the one not looking nervous unhooking my boat. Maybe these out of state folks are just as concerned about this virus and taking all precautions that you folks are and have just as much invested. I thought this site was for folks to share the love of fishin. Did not expect to be in enemy territory launching a boat to go fishing .
    I don’t think it’s a big deal if you have your own place and keep to yourself. Yeah there’s a 14 day quarantine order but it’s impossible to enforce like most of the orders they have done. Also there’s always locals who don’t want big tournaments or out of town fisherman coming to their lake like they have a better claim to a public lake. This just gives a reason to tell you and other out of state anglers to go home. The powers that be in Kentucky don’t want out of state travelers here that’s why they closed campgrounds. It’s not necessarily this board as much as it is the opinion of the state government and lots of scared people. I personally don’t care but don’t be shocked if you hear it from some locals and I would definitely keep an eye on the fish and wildlife website they may end up making something official that changes things for out of state fisherman. I know the feeling I go to Michigan every May and that’s not going to happen.

It also doesn’t help that there’s been a ton of people showing up at Cumberland staying at summer homes. I get it they are bored and out of work but lots of people in that area are pissed. Hopefully it doesn’t result in another executive order that hurts everyone. They made people who went to church Sunday take a mandatory 2 week quarantine. Don’t be suprised if something like that starts happening, not saying it’s right or I agree with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    it sure is easy for some folks to give advice about visiting a lake when they live a 100 miles from the lake and the people in that community.

tell them to come to your community and go biking , power walking etc...so much healthier

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fntsyfbgod View Post
    I’m pretty sure most ramps will stay open. What you might see is some places closing at night. I think you could see park rangers and such patrol and watch ramps for gatherings but I don’t see lakes closing unless it’s a special situation and it’s tied with a recreation area or campground. Regardless there will still be fishing opportunities on smaller places just hope it doesn’t come to that.
    Is this china virus more contagious at night or something? He actually stated today people not following his recommendations were occurring more at daytime rather than night. At least that is when his snitch line was busiest. Why do you reckon they hung those shiny new gates last week? Shovel ready jobs?

I’d wager zero non residents has heard a peep about his quarintine recommendations. He’s already planning on following his political friends by closing ramps, why else would they be hanging gates last week?

Post Thanks / Like
    If they don't lock the gate then traffic will continue to flow...I have looked through all the replies and I have yet to see an answer to the open/close question in reply #80.

I think this dead horse is in the final furlong of its last race.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    If they don't lock the gate then traffic will continue to flow...I have looked through all the replies and I have yet to see an answer to the open/close question in reply #80.

I think this dead horse is in the final furlong of its last race.
    I haven’t seen gates locked. I’ll run down there and see if it’s just a nighttime deal and let you know. I’m sure the gates were put up in preparation for water to recede enough for ramp to be used. Actually, I know how much you like lake levels, it is usable right now or was yesterday evening.

Maybe the gates were just put up for aesthetical reasons??

Post Thanks / Like

I just don't get it.

I just don’t get it. I’m seeing and reading about all this fishing, hell you can’t ‘even park at the Lowes here in Georgetown it’s so crowded . It’s full of people doing all the mandatory yard work and home repairs, planting of gardens ect…????
    Am I just missing something when we are advised to just stay home, and only essential travels is recommended?
    Am I the stupid one by doing so and missing out on going to the lakes or doing getting supplies at the store for projects around the house?
    I’m dying to go to the lake but there is no way in hell that with a clear conscious I will, even though all I would need was gas for my boat and truck. The way I see it it’s a couple of stops at gas stations, what happens if I breakdown, there’s possible interactions there. There are so many possibilities that why would I possibly put others at risk. It seems so selfish to me.I’ve been wanting to get to the lake and take stripernut on his offer to show me how to throw a cast net. Maybe later in the year.
    I’m might be in a different position than some, I have been working setting up new injection tooling for masks for medical PPE which my company is donating, when not doing that I’m off until May 4th and will be paid the entire time. Many are not as fortunate as I am and are off work, why would I risk adding to any additional cases which might prolong others being allowed to get back to work.
    Like I started this rant with with I just don’t get it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kstonich View Post
    I just don’t get it. I’m seeing and reading about all this fishing, hell you can’t ‘even park at the Lowes here in Georgetown it’s so crowded . It’s full of people doing all the mandatory yard work and home repairs, planting of gardens ect…????
    Am I just missing something when we are advised to just stay home, and only essential travels is recommended?
    Am I the stupid one by doing so and missing out on going to the lakes or doing getting supplies at the store for projects around the house?
    I’m dying to go to the lake but there is no way in hell that with a clear conscious I will, even though all I would need was gas for my boat and truck. The way I see it it’s a couple of stops at gas stations, what happens if I breakdown, there’s possible interactions there. There are so many possibilities that why would I possibly put others at risk. It seems so selfish to me.I’ve been wanting to get to the lake and take stripernut on his offer to show me how to throw a cast net. Maybe later in the year.
    I’m might be in a different position than some, I have been working setting up new injection tooling for masks for medical PPE which my company is donating, when not doing that I’m off until May 4th and will be paid the entire time. Many are not as fortunate as I am and are off work, why would I risk adding to any additional cases which might prolong others being allowed to get back to work.
    we will get there my friend. there will be plenty of time to throw cast nets and catch fish and just enjoy time on the water. and we will be healthy enough to do all these things . stay safe

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand and respect your opinion but as for me my fishing is normal. I have an odd work schedule. 95% of the time I fish by myself and the only days I go are Monday or Tuesday. I live 4 miles from the lake. The ramp I use is 3 or 4 lanes wide. Even under normal circumstance I don't use the courtesy dock. I dunk my boat in the water, pull it up on the ramp because on a Monday or Tuesday I am not blocking any crowds because there is typically no one around. I load/unload buy myself and never interact with anyone. Typically there is no one around when I unload/load. There might be an occasional bank fisherman off to the side doing his thing but I don't interact with them. I make no extra stop for gas or food. I bring food and drink from home and when I purchase gas for my truck I take two 5 gallon gas cans with me and get gas for my boat. I see no harm in doing it this specific way.

Post Thanks / Like

Disagree

I understand not driving 3 hours to a big lake but I don’t see a problem with anything close. You might have to get gas once every 3 trips and you can pay at pump for that. I could get a flat but I’ll change that myself. I have a dual axle trailer so I’ll make it home if a bearing did go out but I had them regreased in March seeing this deal coming. I guess there’s a one in 1000 chance I break down and need a tow and I’m seeing one person at that point. So basically I would be staying home to avoid one stop to pay at a gas pump and the 1 in 1000 chance something crazy happens and I need a tow. Yeah no thanks but do what you feel like you need to.

Lots of people are going to be very disappointed when things start letting up. We aren’t going to wait until the virus is gone to start easing restrictions. By staying home we aren’t going to eliminate the virus. We are just making sure the peak doesn’t overwhelm the health care system the point of the restrictions is to slow it so when the number of cases starts dropping at some point things will start opening back and your still going to be at risk. So if your planning on staying home til the virus is gone it’s going to be a while.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don’t expect any ‘all clear’ signal this summer. If the governor believed that social distancing in a boat in the middle of a lake wasn’t safe he would close the boat ramps. Staying at home is one way to manage risk. Every time we pull out of our driveway we accept a certain level of risk. Going to Lowes at 7A to pick up supplies or going fishing is a manageable level of risk IMO. Frankly, this isn’t going away anytime soon so we are each going to have to re-evaluate individually at some point what constitutes an acceptable level of risk.

Post Thanks / Like

Why am i not seeing Hershey 102s reply?

Am i blocked or something because thread say hershey102 posted a reply 1 hour ago & i can't see it. Any idea why? Thanks