Search Fishin.com

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Boat ramps

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat12 View Post
    That is all we can ask, we are all a Little on the edge and don't want to see one of the few things we can do taken away by selfish individuals from any state. I personally now have to travel over an hour just to fish the same area due to not being able to cross a bridge. It ***** but I will, just to abide by the rules. That is all we ask. This to shall pass. Tight lines and be safe everybody.
    You think you have it bad.......I live in INDIANA, and a fish has not lived in this state in 30 years.........Hell I"m seriously thinking about breaking into BPS and fishing the tank..........

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    It's not even CLOSE to being over........

And the states with serious outbreaks will use the National Guard to enforce the orders..........if we see an uptick in cases.
    Mind if I take a look at your research? 400,000 Chinese flew to United States between Jan 1 and the travel ban. I can’t imagine it peaking 3-4 months after, especially with how contagious it is. When again did we start testing? How many tests have been administered? Especially since only those with severe symptoms are being tested.

I’ll keep my optimistic view based on reality.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    You think you have it bad.......I live in INDIANA, and a fish has not lived in this state in 30 years.........Hell I"m seriously thinking about breaking into BPS and fishing the tank..........

George when you decide to hit the BPS let me know, I've had my eye on that big hybrid lol. Funny we both have the same problem with the same bridge. I have to go all the way to Greenwood ( which as my kids would say is kinda sketchy) to get to the fossil beds. Look forward to reading your next adventures where ever they may be.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    Mind if I take a look at your research? 400,000 Chinese flew to United States between Jan 1 and the travel ban. I can’t imagine it peaking 3-4 months after, especially with how contagious it is. When again did we start testing? How many tests have been administered? Especially since only those with severe symptoms are being tested.

I’ll keep my optimistic view based on reality.
    Tim we might want to move this discussion to the off topic board so we can keep this one on the rails. Lots a thoughts on this very thing. Thanks, Chuck

Post Thanks / Like
    I run a small excavating business in central ku, we are swamped and still working everyday. I have 1 employee that drives separately to work where we use to ride together. My distance to most people is about 20 feet now. I love Cumberland but haven’t driven the 2 hours to get there for trying to follow the law. Yes I’m going crazy trying not to take off and go fish but I won’t make the trip out of respect. It really gripes my butt that people would drive out of state against the law to hit the water, I hope the start ticketing them for the main reason of the effect on the economy at the lake. If they shut down the ramps and they WILL a lot of small stores will loose what income they still have. 99% of those travelers will not do the quarantine because it doesn’t suit their agenda, yes you might own property but it isn’t your main one where your suppose to be. Hey the Ohio river is open and you don’t have to break ky law!

Post Thanks / Like
    Rural Kentucky does not have the health care system to deal with a major spike in Covid-19 cases. From my experience of being sick since early march it's impossible to be tested for it unless you meet certain criteria which I guess I have not. Personally I have not been to work for weeks and might lose my job. So when I hear that people are coming in from other states and maybe infect more Kentuckians yes that bothers me.
    I get that some of you have spent your extra money here and have bought houses here. Paid taxes and deserve to call Kentucky your second home. Hell probably love it more than some of us that lived here our whole lives. But right now is not the time. Some of us are fighting for our lives and financial stability. Some of us may not be here this time next year to even talk about it.
    So regardless which side of the fence you are on with this virus just know that losing the battle with this is not an option and we can't win the war with apathy.

Thanks and God Bless

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gocards40 View Post
    Rural Kentucky does not have the health care system to deal with a major spike in Covid-19 cases. From my experience of being sick since early march it's impossible to be tested for it unless you meet certain criteria which I guess I have not. Personally I have not been to work for weeks and might lose my job. So when I hear that people are coming in from other states and maybe infect more Kentuckians yes that bothers me.
    I get that some of you have spent your extra money here and have bought houses here. Paid taxes and deserve to call Kentucky your second home. Hell probably love it more than some of us that lived here our whole lives. But right now is not the time. Some of us are fighting for our lives and financial stability. Some of us may not be here this time next year to even talk about it.
    So regardless which side of the fence you are on with this virus just know that losing the battle with this is not an option and we can't win the war with apathy.

Thanks and God Bless
    man sorry to hear about your situation, best wishes.
    and well stated
    Likes gocards40 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought our governor has said repeatedly that people should stay at home except for work, groceries and if they need medical attention. I've taken that to mean they don't want anybody going out to do things like fishing unless it's on their own property.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by know1 View Post
    I thought our governor has said repeatedly that people should stay at home except for work, groceries and if they need medical attention. I've taken that to mean they don't want anybody going out to do things like fishing unless it's on their own property.
    Not exactly read the whole press release statement or whatever you wanna call it. Yeah he says be safe stay home but at the same time they encourage outdoor activities done in a responsible manner. Even in Ohio and West Virginia where they have shelter in place orders they also encourage outdoor activities I think they list hiking stuff like that. It’s common sense going to the lake I don’t need to get even close to anyone I might get gas pay at pump use some hand sanitizer. Loading and unloading I don’t need to interact. So I can’t really see why anyone would think fishing done smart isn’t ok.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4BBFD4B6-6F59-4A3C-BFEC-FA05024C70CA.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	19811  
    Last edited by Fntsyfbgod; 04-09-2020 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Added attachment

Post Thanks / Like

Tournament memo

I fish tournaments but I’m not until this is over. I’m glad this is the action they are taking it eases my worry tournaments could get ramps shut down. You can follow proper social distancing going to the lake fish but it’s difficult fishing a tournament.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7E7B814F-C26E-442E-BA32-F9B7A9C33A7F.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	19810  

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fntsyfbgod View Post
    I fish tournaments but I’m not until this is over. I’m glad this is the action they are taking it eases my worry tournaments could get ramps shut down. You can follow proper social distancing going to the lake fish but it’s difficult fishing a tournament.
    I think it’s about time to start easing restrictions instead of placing more strict ones in place. Boat ramps will be next while their projections and numbers prove more incorrect by the day. It’s time to start questioning some of these experts and restrictions. Thankfully AG Barr has spoken out about his concern.

Post Thanks / Like
    He's said go fishing, but no tournaments& don't be crossing state lines to do it. Seems pretty simple to understand to me, but some must be way simpler minded than i am because they sure can't seem to keep their *sses in their own states instead of taking a chance on bringing more of the virus here or getting sick or worse themselves & all in the name of getting drunk on the water or weighing in a fish for a few bucks that could possibly be the last one they ever weigh in. Pretty simple ain't it?