Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Boat ramps

Post Thanks / Like

Boat ramps

So will this new x order close down boat ramps? That will be a huge over reach imo

Post Thanks / Like

What?

What x order?

Post Thanks / Like
    Slang for Executive Order.

Post Thanks / Like

?

I know it’s executive order but what part worries you and is it from the president or Beshear?

Ohio and West Virginia have stay at home orders but in the statement from both states they say outdoor activities are encouraged. I think it will close some boat ramps where you have to check in or there some sort of gate that needs maintained it already has closed small private boat ramps some states, I could see the lakes at Frankfort fish and wildlife headquarters closing. Places where there are big on the water parties are closed they did that in Florida. Tournaments are being canceled and I could see something that’s bans tournaments or at least big ones.

It may get more extreme in urban areas where there’s a huge number of cases . But as far as barricades at boat ramps everywhere no fishing I don’t see it. You may see a stay at home order or something put into law to that effect but I think it will mainly be to discourage people from pointless getting out running around. I don’t think we will see roads closed or anything like that maybe a curfew or something but it won’t be enforced unless needed they aren’t going to pull over everyone to see where they are going. Maybe I’m wrong that’s my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    From my understanding no boat ramps were closed. I haven’t got to read much about it yet though. I know some factories that are staying open has sent out papers for workers to show leo if they get stopped.

I don’t think getting out and driving around should be barred. One thing that concerns me is travelers from other worse hit areas coming in and spreading it, they say New York is clearing out with people heading for less affected areas. I can’t blame them but at same time if that happens a statewide lockdown is useless.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    I haven’t got to read much about it yet though.

https://www.lrl.usace.army.mil/Media...ound-openings/

In the above link if you read the entire thing you should be able to figure out what is closed and on what body of water the news release applies to. If your only interested in boat ramps status then read paragraph two...as for me I am going fishing. That's better than digging a ditch or spending the day doing yard york like I done today.
    Likes nitro-7 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    https://www.lrl.usace.army.mil/Media...ound-openings/

In the above link if you read the entire thing you should be able to figure out what is closed and on what body of water the news release applies to. If your only interested in boat ramps status then read paragraph two...as for me I am going fishing. That's better than digging a ditch or spending the day doing yard york like I done today.
    I’m really only interested in tournaments. I focus on catching quality over dinks/scorable bass. No fame if money ain’t in game!

Post Thanks / Like
    *note
    The below is what I thought I heard so it is up to you to verify this before taking action.

Gov. Beshear is on the radio every day at 5 o'clock discussing the current situation, His executive orders, and what's open and closed. It is worth listening to as he does a great job of explaining. I think it was March 23rd at the end when he takes questions someone asked if boat ramps and lakes would be open. His reply was yes (as I heard it) . I also thought he expanded it to say that marinas would be open. All the above would include Separating yourself from others by 6 feet.

Keep in mind that a subsequent order may have overridden what he said on Monday.

On March 25 he asked Kentuckians to stay at home and not travel.

I recommend listening to these 5 o'clock briefings. They're on 84 WHAS am in Louisville.
    Likes nitro-7 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Daniel Boone National Forest update

They said they are closing recreation areas in a press release today I got at work but boat ramps would remain open so good news.

But every state is handling it differently California is shutting down ramps and WA said no fishing for two weeks but the situation is worst there too.
    Likes peter liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    They keep them tournaments going and ain’t nobody going fishing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellkat View Post
    They keep them tournaments going and ain’t nobody going fishing
    What tournaments? And where is the information that tournaments are any worse than wal mart,grocery, hardware, convenience, or liquor stores about spreading this virus? To think that companies are sending out passes or paperwork to employees to hand to law enforcement for an excuse for traveling is a scary thought. Today was the first I had heard the Governor speak of out of state travel, which should dang sure be eliminated before shutting down parks and boat ramps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    What tournaments? And where is the information that tournaments are any worse than wal mart,grocery, hardware, convenience, or liquor stores about spreading this virus? To think that companies are sending out passes or paperwork to employees to hand to law enforcement for an excuse for traveling is a scary thought. Today was the first I had heard the Governor speak of out of state travel, which should dang sure be eliminated before shutting down parks and boat ramps.
    They had a tournament on cumberland out of the dam & said they kept their distance, but i don't think they thought about having to walk up & pay entry which as you know is always cash & then the fellow taking entrys handing the cash back out & then paying winners. Great way to pass it to a bunch of folks if anybody has it & don't know yet. I like tournaments, but i can absolutely see why they're banning tournaments too & they should in my opinion.