Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Taylorsville crappie

How’s the bite at T-ville? How deep are they right now? Thanks for any help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kent View Post
    How’s the bite at T-ville? How deep are they right now? Thanks for any help!
    If you can find a parking spot you can catch some fish. I've seen several reports of limits being caught, but no one has mentioned depth except one & they said 12-16fow close to the bottom (with a few shallow fish caught casting). Water temp readings were mentioned in another report @ 57-59deg in the Chowning Lane area. That says to me that the pre-spawn move is starting, but the fish are still running a bit on the deep side on account of the lake being pulled hard last week & just starting to level off since mid week.

That's all I know.
    Likes fishincreek liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    If you can find a parking spot you can catch some fish. I've seen several reports of limits being caught, but no one has mentioned depth except one & they said 12-16fow close to the bottom (with a few shallow fish caught casting). Water temp readings were mentioned in another report @ 57-59deg in the Chowning Lane area. That says to me that the pre-spawn move is starting, but the fish are still running a bit on the deep side on account of the lake being pulled hard last week & just starting to level off since mid week.

That's all I know
    Thanks for the info Pappy! I’m gonna try to get down there this week. If I do, I’ll give a report.

Post Thanks / Like

Taylorsville crappie update

Got on the water today(4-11). We were told the fish were biting 4ft deep over up to 20ft of water. We ended up with 7 keepers fishing 3-4ft over 6-14 ft of water. Talked to a guy at Briar Ridge this afternoon and they limited out fishing 15ft deep over 25-30 ft of water. He said they would catch 4-5, then it would stop for 20 minutes or so, then fire up again.
    Likes crappiepappy, fishincreek liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    They were moving shallow earlier in the week and I caught limits in 4-8’ of water casting jigs in pockets. I think the cold front slowed them down and moved them back out a little. Fished yesterday from 8-12 and only caught 2 fish shallow (both 12”) and then moved out and found small schools and caught 6 more (4 keepers) in about 10’-15’ of water right off the bottom.
    Also about lost a rod to hybrid when I wasn’t paying attention. Those fish are powerful 😅
    Good luck.