Search Fishin.com

Thread: Dave Stewart

Post Thanks / Like

Dave Stewart

Are you still on this page? Fished with you about 15 years ago you were using a deep diving flat sided crank bait. I bought a couple of those baits, very popular bait back then the guy couldn’t make them fast enough. Wondering if you remember who made those baits. Hope everyone is well. Great times back then!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave retired from guiding, but he still posts on here at times & gives a fishing report too. May be a bit, but i'd say he'll answer you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave underwent surgery on the 27th of March so I don't think he will be on here for a while. Keep him in your prayers

Technonorb Guest
    Prayers for a true Great Guy!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Prayers sent.
    Peter

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't remember the name of that company that made those crank baits....memory not as good as it used to be. But I do remember those baits. That was a small custom bait company, basically a one man operation, I do remember that he went out of business some years back. Sad because he did make some nice baits.

Thanks for the prayers guys. I am just about recovered from that operation now. It was the first of two operations to repair a stent that was put into my aorta about 6 years ago that broke and is leaking blood into the old aneurism on my aorta causing it to expand and in danger of rupturing. I will undergo the 2nd operation to complete the repair the first week of May.

I have not been out on the water yet because of the operation but have had a number of reports from friends that have. The lakes flooded during the last warm up (before this cold front came in) and some numbers of fish had moved back into the brush and were caught flipping jigs and soft plastics. The lake levels were dropped back below summer pool last week and are now back up to summer pool. Water temps are in the low 60's and latest reports tell me they are catching smallies on main lake points. Also have reports of LM being taken on late prespawn pattens on lead in banks just off the spawning areas with a few being taken around flooded brush. With the forecasted warm up next week I would expect a number of these fish to move up in the brush and yellow flowers. I am hoping to get out next week and check this all out myself. Got some new electronics I need to play with too. Hope all of you are staying safe.

Dave
    Likes riverrat12, LJP, GeoFisher, roughriderbill liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Dave!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you are ok, Dave.

Dave, very glad to hear you came thru surgery ok. My buddy, son, and I took your eliminating water class a couple of years ago. Thoroughly enjoyed the day. Glad luck with the second surgery and hang in there!!

Tight lines,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Stewart View Post
    I can't remember the name of that company that made those crank baits....memory not as good as it used to be. But I do remember those baits. That was a small custom bait company, basically a one man operation, I do remember that he went out of business some years back. Sad because he did make some nice baits.

Thanks for the prayers guys. I am just about recovered from that operation now. It was the first of two operations to repair a stent that was put into my aorta about 6 years ago that broke and is leaking blood into the old aneurism on my aorta causing it to expand and in danger of rupturing. I will undergo the 2nd operation to complete the repair the first week of May.

I have not been out on the water yet because of the operation but have had a number of reports from friends that have. The lakes flooded during the last warm up (before this cold front came in) and some numbers of fish had moved back into the brush and were caught flipping jigs and soft plastics. The lake levels were dropped back below summer pool last week and are now back up to summer pool. Water temps are in the low 60's and latest reports tell me they are catching smallies on main lake points. Also have reports of LM being taken on late prespawn pattens on lead in banks just off the spawning areas with a few being taken around flooded brush. With the forecasted warm up next week I would expect a number of these fish to move up in the brush and yellow flowers. I am hoping to get out next week and check this all out myself. Got some new electronics I need to play with too. Hope all of you are staying safe.

Dave
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post