Hi Everyone.

I'm new here. I used to go fishing sometimes with my dad when I was younger. Never really got too involved with it... I just threw out some bait and a bobber and hoped for the best.

Well, it's been a while and I'm not starting to get into it again. I'm not looking to become an expert, but I'd sure like to at least kinda know what I'm doing.

Most people around my area fish for trout because the water is so dang cold. Well, I've had decent luck with some powerbait, but that's about it. I see people all the time fishing with lures down towards the bottom. I'd love to give this a go, but I lose every single lure I throw out because I get snagged on something. I really don't know what I'm doing different than everyone else. Obviously, it's gonna happen to everyone, but trust me... I know I am doing something wrong be the amount of lures I'm losing, lol.

So I guess my question is what am I doing wrong? And more importantly, what should I be doing? How can I fish with these lures without getting caught everytime?

Any help is appreciated!