Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Green River lake access

Just curious if there are any places where folks are still launching a bass boat. I know the lake is way up. Just curious if there are some places. I can use two people to launch or even slip into shorts and wade it off the trailer. Looking for an option that is not tville. That place was stupid crazy and even dangerous Friday... I didn’t even try sat or Sunday. God bless, stay distant!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob1678 View Post
    Just curious if there are any places where folks are still launching a bass boat. I know the lake is way up. Just curious if there are some places. I can use two people to launch or even slip into shorts and wade it off the trailer. Looking for an option that is not tville. That place was stupid crazy and even dangerous Friday... I didn’t even try sat or Sunday. God bless, stay distant!

I heard tell that the ramp at the state campground was being used, but you did have to go wading to get boat launched. If they keep pulling it down @ 1ft/day thru most of this week, then there may be some other ramps that could be accessed. I think at 680 you can put in at Holmes Bend, but the turn around might still have a little water over it. Green is currently @ 687 (about 12ft over Summer Pool)

Rough is at Summer Pool .... Cave Run is close to Summer Pool .... Barren is 6ft over .... Nolin is 8.5ft over .... Cumberland is 3.5ft over

Everybody I know is fishing Cumberland or Dale ... but they're fishing for Crappie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    I heard tell that the ramp at the state campground was being used, but you did have to go wading to get boat launched. If they keep pulling it down @ 1ft/day thru most of this week, then there may be some other ramps that could be accessed. I think at 680 you can put in at Holmes Bend, but the turn around might still have a little water over it. Green is currently @ 687 (about 12ft over Summer Pool)

Rough is at Summer Pool .... Cave Run is close to Summer Pool .... Barren is 6ft over .... Nolin is 8.5ft over .... Cumberland is 3.5ft over

Everybody I know is fishing Cumberland or Dale ... but they're fishing for Crappie.
    Barren is 25.9’ over summer pool and only two ramps open. Beaver Creek and Baileys point, both have limited parking and busy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    Barren is 25.9’ over summer pool and only two ramps open. Beaver Creek and Baileys point, both have limited parking and busy.
    OOPS ... you're correct, my bad ... I misread the COE website chart.

But :
    The Browns Ford boat ramp has been re-opened for boat launch, so now there's three ramps open.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    OOPS ... you're correct, my bad ... I misread the COE website chart.

But :
    The Browns Ford boat ramp has been re-opened for boat launch, so now there's three ramps open.
    Wasn’t trying to correct you. All I can say is there is a lot of trees at barren now. Fish are in them and kayakers dream. Boats can’t get to them. To anyone going fish as close to waterline as possible, their fins are sticking out.