The spring 2020 charter season has come to a screeching slow down with the terrible Virus situation, we are still able to do take charters when requested, but visitors vacations are not happening now so myself and my wife are hunkering down to wait this out until clear sailing returns. Here is my spring fishing report from before the storm arrived: Spring 2020 has arrived to East Central Florida fishing waters, air temps in the 80’s, water temps up to the 70’s,more baitfish schools appearing on the waters surface with returning game fish like Jack Crevalle, Bluefish and Ladyfish striking the topwater bait in early morning. Spring run shrimp are also coming through with the tide, down the intracoastal channel as well as the in the backcountry creeks and back channels. Seatrout, Redfish and Snook getting more active with warming water, ready to ambush baitfish, shrimp and artificial lures in the back waters. Black Drum are spreading through the back water holes and channels, small baby ones as well as fun catching sizes up to about 5 lbs like this one Jim from New Jersey caught with me recently ……………

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	March 2020 Jim Drum.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	189.2 KB 
ID:	19804

Al from The Villages, Florida was out with me recently along with a few friends visiting this winter from up north, this fun size Shark gave him a great light tackle battle ……………

Name:	March 2020 Al Shark.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	19805

Snook are always a welcome catch, here in the saltwater estuary which is a nursery of all the different species of coastal fish we have lots of baby Snook hiding in the cover of Mangrove roots and dock pilings,young Luca from Boston got a nice size linesider with me …………...

[/FONT]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	March 2020 Luca Snook.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	133.0 KB 
ID:	19806

Florida Pompano have become more of a regular catch on this part of the Atlantic east coast in the intracoastal waterway the last few years,including many good size ones up to about 18”, Rob from St. Louis with a nice pomp ……………….

Name:	March 2020 Rob Pompano.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	19807

Normal Redfish have 1 spot on each side of the tail, but some individual Reds have extra spots like this small pretty one caught and released by my long time regular client Mike from Mt. Dora, FL…………

Name:	March 2020 Mike Spots.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	19808

Jack Crevalle are a regular catch here in Florida’s coastal waters,sight fishing them is great fun as they regularly feed on surface bait fish and shrimp with white water strikes to cast to for a fast hook up, young Jackson from Daytona Beach caught this one from a small school on a surface attack ………..

Name:	March 2020 Jackson Jack.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	19809

FUN FRIENDLY LIGHT TACKLE FISHING ADVENTURES
Indian River and Mosquito Lagoon Backcountry and Flats Fishing
CHILDREN ALWAYS WELCOME – FAIR PRICES
Near Daytona Beach, New Smyrna Beach, and Orlando, East Central Florida

CALL OR TEXT ME ANYTIME 386-689-3781
See my website https://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com

Capt.Michael Savedow