Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

From Ohio .. yatesville tomorrow

Is there a problem with that? Will I get in trouble? The closest lake to me worth a darn besides the river is rocky fork. I love the river, but it’s blown up? Planning on yatesville. Will I get stopped and a ticket being from Ohio?

Post Thanks / Like
    it's going to be difficult to get an opinion here, everyone usually keeps their opinions secret lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stripernut1 View Post
    it's going to be difficult to get an opinion here, everyone usually keeps their opinions secret lol.
    Lol!

Post Thanks / Like
    lol.. not asking for a spot.. I know yatesville.. will I get In trouble.. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    The governor said anyone from out of state has to quarantine 2 weeks but actually seeing it enforced is another question

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fntsyfbgod View Post
    The governor said anyone from out of state has to quarantine 2 weeks but actually seeing it enforced is another question
    I would rather they test anyone entering (preferably paid for by the person entering) and quarantine the ones carrying the virus. Tiny countries like Taiwan are doing it. I am sure we should be able to do this as well.
    Quarantining everyone is just wasteful and irrational.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish the women from New Jersey that came down just to go to church where the preacher just had to have church would have gotten a big fine & had to spent a night in jail plus quarantined for two weeks with law enforcement supervision to make sure they did & everybody else that just had to disobey the order. I mean a church is just a building & religion is in the peoples hearts in my opinion & doing what they did is taking a chance on passing on potentially extremely deadly virus to a bunch of folks. Ignorance is bliss is what they say.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    I wish the women from New Jersey that came down just to go to church where the preacher just had to have church would have gotten a big fine & had to spent a night in jail plus quarantined for two weeks with law enforcement supervision to make sure they did & everybody else that just had to disobey the order. I mean a church is just a building & religion is in the peoples hearts in my opinion & doing what they did is taking a chance on passing on potentially extremely deadly virus to a bunch of folks. Ignorance is bliss is what they say.
    A church may just be a building, a congregation is much,much more. The people who showed up probably loved each other deeply enough that they understood the real meaning of congregation, what better building to congregate in than a church? I understand, my church is in the woods or water. That isn’t what is described in bible though, and I understand why it is the very utmost important, FIRST right that we have. I’m not sure why the New Jersey people showed up, but again, it is there right to.

No one who fundamentally disagrees can value our constitution. I hope every single one stays safe and has personal responsibility.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwormy View Post
    Is there a problem with that? Will I get in trouble? The closest lake to me worth a darn besides the river is rocky fork. I love the river, but it’s blown up? Planning on yatesville. Will I get stopped and a ticket being from Ohio?
    Interesting things comes to my mind after reading this. First I have no idea where Rocky Fork is so I had to google it. If that lake and the Ohio river are the closest things you have to fish then obviously you live in southern Ohio near the KY border. Personally I see no problem with you coming to Yatesville but my opinion is not the one you need to go buy. I can show you a statement from KY Fish and Wildlife that says you can come and fish but if you decide to do so you must follow the Governor's guidelines and be quarantined for 14 days because the only travel permitted into the state is travel deemed necessary and fishing is not a deemed necessary thing. I can show you the link from KDFW if you would like to see it.

Now here is what's strange. If I decide to leave south central KY and drive to the far west part of KY and fish KY Lake in Jonathan Creek it's okay because I am from KY and I stayed in KY water. Well to me this is more careless than a person from southern Ohio wanting to fish Yatesville. If your right across the state line and KY thinks you should stay at home unless it's actually necessary to cross the state line then how is it safe for me to travel 3.5 hours and fish within my state.

All those nurses, doctors and various other people that live in Jeffersonville and Clarksville Indiana are allowed to cross the state line to work but after work if they walk out the door and go throw a line in the KY side of the Ohio river they are supposed to be quarantined for 14 days???? and it's not just the Louisville area. All states that surround KY can have this same exact scenario. I am talking about thousands of people who live just just across the line who travel here, pay taxes here and shop here but if they wet a line they are to self quarantine for 14 days.

Now let me be very clear about something...I totally understand that our Governor does not want people traveling from outside the state into KY unless necessary and I do think that is a good idea. What I find very unfortunate is the people who live just across the line that come here to spend $, work and pay taxes are thrown into the same category as someone who lives hundreds of miles from here. The problem is there is no way to "police" this so our Governor simply threw everyone in one group...out of state then stay away unless necessary. Heck you can live in Celina, Tennessee and your not suppose to be in parts of Wolf or Sulphur Creek and none of Illwill...crazy how this works.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    Interesting things comes to my mind after reading this. First I have no idea where Rocky Fork is so I had to google it. If that lake and the Ohio river are the closest things you have to fish then obviously you live in southern Ohio near the KY border. Personally I see no problem with you coming to Yatesville but my opinion is not the one you need to go buy. I can show you a statement from KY Fish and Wildlife that says you can come and fish but if you decide to do so you must follow the Governor's guidelines and be quarantined for 14 days because the only travel permitted into the state is travel deemed necessary and fishing is not a deemed necessary thing. I can show you the link from KDFW if you would like to see it.

Now here is what's strange. If I decide to leave south central KY and drive to the far west part of KY and fish KY Lake in Jonathan Creek it's okay because I am from KY and I stayed in KY water. Well to me this is more careless than a person from southern Ohio wanting to fish Yatesville. If your right across the state line and KY thinks you should stay at home unless it's actually necessary to cross the state line then how is it safe for me to travel 3.5 hours and fish within my state.

All those nurses, doctors and various other people that live in Jeffersonville and Clarksville Indiana are allowed to cross the state line to work but after work if they walk out the door and go throw a line in the KY side of the Ohio river they are supposed to be quarantined for 14 days???? and it's not just the Louisville area. All states that surround KY can have this same exact scenario. I am talking about thousands of people who live just just across the line who travel here, pay taxes here and shop here but if they wet a line they are to self quarantine for 14 days.

Now let me be very clear about something...I totally understand that our Governor does not want people traveling from outside the state into KY unless necessary and I do think that is a good idea. What I find very unfortunate is the people who live just across the line that come here to spend $, work and pay taxes are thrown into the same category as someone who lives hundreds of miles from here. The problem is there is no way to "police" this so our Governor simply threw everyone in one group...out of state then stay away unless necessary. Heck you can live in Celina, Tennessee and your not suppose to be in parts of Wolf or Sulphur Creek and none of Illwill...crazy how this works.
    This is a thoughtful and reasonable reply.

I'll add again that I don't think he wants people fishing at all if they have to drive to do it.I don't necessarily agree that it will have much of an effect on stopping the virus, but I've also been complying. I haven't left my small neighborhood in over 3 weeks now despite that I think we've gone way overboard with the actions we've taken.

I think someone who's hooking up and going fishing - even if it's within the state - is not following the governor's request just like someone who crosses state lines to do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by know1 View Post
    This is a thoughtful and reasonable reply.

I'll add again that I don't think he wants people fishing at all if they have to drive to do it.I don't necessarily agree that it will have much of an effect on stopping the virus, but I've also been complying. I haven't left my small neighborhood in over 3 weeks now despite that I think we've gone way overboard with the actions we've taken.

I think someone who's hooking up and going fishing - even if it's within the state - is not following the governor's request just like someone who crosses state lines to do it.
    The governor has repeatedly said to go fishing but no tournaments to avoid crowds gathering. He also said no leaving the state except to work, medical reasons or to care for a loved one get groceries. etc. Everybody keeps stretching things to fit their opinions or interpretations of what was said, but it's really pretty simple.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    A church may just be a building, a congregation is much,much more. The people who showed up probably loved each other deeply enough that they understood the real meaning of congregation, what better building to congregate in than a church? I understand, my church is in the woods or water. That isn’t what is described in bible though, and I understand why it is the very utmost important, FIRST right that we have. I’m not sure why the New Jersey people showed up, but again, it is there right to.

No one who fundamentally disagrees can value our constitution. I hope every single one stays safe and has personal responsibility.
    A congregation may not have to many members to congregate a little later on if they can't understand the possibly extremely deadly reason for not being allowed to congregate. I sure don't want anybody that's been crowding up to come around me after they've been bunched up together when things are like they are. Not knocking church or religion whatsoever & i understand the freedom of religion, but they know they can have online services when it's as dangerous as it is right now & they sure shouldn't have a problem not taking a chance on catching or passing it on to their fellow human beings since they're so compassionate. I'm praying a lot right now hoping i don't catch it at work & bring it home to my family or friends. They must not be to worried about it in my opinion. Right or wrong i don't know, but i do know i sure wouldn't want one of them around me & hope none of them come down with it. I also don't think somebody going fishing without a tournament being involved is to much to worry about.