Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    The governor has repeatedly said to go fishing but no tournaments to avoid crowds gathering. He also said no leaving the state except to work, medical reasons or to care for a loved one get groceries. etc. Everybody keeps stretching things to fit their opinions or interpretations of what was said, but it's really pretty simple.
    Every day he starts his press conference by saying you should stay home other than food, work, or medical attention. He doesn't say go fishing. Doesn't seem so simple to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by know1 View Post
    Every day he starts his press conference by saying you should stay home other than food, work, or medical attention. He doesn't say go fishing. Doesn't seem so simple to me.
    I don’t think I have ever heard him mention fishing. I usually try to miss the fluff and just want to hear the daily update.

Post Thanks / Like
    A congregation may not have to many members to congregate a little later on if they can't understand the possibly extremely deadly reason for not being allowed to congregate. I sure don't want anybody that's been crowding up to come around me after they've been bunched up together when things are like they are. Not knocking church or religion whatsoever & i understand the freedom of religion, but they know they can have online services when it's as dangerous as it is right now & they sure shouldn't have a problem not taking a chance on catching or passing it on to their fellow human beings since they're so compassionate. I'm praying a lot right now hoping i don't catch it at work & bring it home to my family or friends. They must not be to worried about it in my opinion. Right or wrong i don't know, but i do know i sure wouldn't want one of them around me & hope none of them come down with it. I also don't think somebody going fishing without a tournament being involved is to much to worry about.
    First of all, he has a way he can enforce his recommendations. If he was serious anyway. Right now he can’t even make the health department quarantine anyone without being sick. Dang sure can’t quarantine non resident anglers, hunters for no reason. If there was merit in his threats, he would quarantine all non resident taxpayers working in Ky. You know the ones staying in motels, eating fast food, groceries,wal mart etc. He needs to work on not letting Kroger do more tests than state of Ky, because this state is failing in testing. Truth is those who have not had this virus,will have this virus. So yes, you are much more likely to catch it at work than at a boat ramp.

Until Ky starts testing more we will never know how bad our numbers are. I would be embarrassed to say Kroger is going to do 20,000 while state of ky only tested 26,000+. Oh look, Kroger gonna test in frankfort. I guess we know where all government tests are going in Frankfort.

Post Thanks / Like

Disagree

This is a thoughtful and reasonable reply.

I'll add again that I don't think he wants people fishing at all if they have to drive to do it.I don't necessarily agree that it will have much of an effect on stopping the virus, but I've also been complying. I haven't left my small neighborhood in over 3 weeks now despite that I think we've gone way overboard with the actions we've taken.

I think someone who's hooking up and going fishing - even if it's within the state - is not following the governor's request just like someone who crosses state lines to do it.
    I disagree but respect your decision that much more water for me to fish. The main thing they don’t want is people out loafing around shopping, visiting friends, ect. If they had a problem with people fishing and hunting they could stop it. Truth is most people don’t fish and hunt and stayhome# is a lot more catchy to say. Your going to get better results telling everyone to just stay home.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish i could find it, but he did say" go fishing just not in tournaments."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    I don’t think I have ever heard him mention fishing. I usually try to miss the fluff and just want to hear the daily update.
    He did infact say to go fishing & stressed just not in tournaments & said that is a form of social gathering which we can not do or something like that.

Post Thanks / Like
    A congregation may not have to many members to congregate a little later on if they can't understand the possibly extremely deadly reason for not being allowed to congregate. I sure don't want anybody that's been crowding up to come around me after they've been bunched up together when things are like they are. Not knocking church or religion whatsoever & i understand the freedom of religion, but they know they can have online services when it's as dangerous as it is right now & they sure shouldn't have a problem not taking a chance on catching or passing it on to their fellow human beings since they're so compassionate. I'm praying a lot right now hoping i don't catch it at work & bring it home to my family or friends. They must not be to worried about it in my opinion. Right or wrong i don't know, but i do know i sure wouldn't want one of them around me & hope none of them come down with it. I also don't think somebody going fishing without a tournament being involved is to much to worry about.
    Look, after a very small amount of research it is clear that we are being fleeced. It is shameful that this governor would use the Hopkins county church as an example in his propaganda. He has misled everyone who heard those remarks. The reason? The church’s revival was going on when the shutdown started, the church cancelled the rest of revival after it started. Yet the governor still wants to use the church as an example. Why don’t he mention GE in Hopkins county? I couldn’t stand the last governor because he was a fraud, I feel the same way about current one. At least the last one didn’t openly attack churches while acting like a dictator. It’s time the Ky State Legislators come out of hiding and restore checks and balances.

I see zero issue with tournaments or out of state anglers. Absolutely no difference between them and out of state workers. The Easter Sunday stunt crossed the lines, hopefully people will start questioning some of these baseless recommendations.

Post Thanks / Like
    I couldn’t stand the last governor because he was a fraud, I feel the same way about current one. At least the last one didn’t openly attack churches while acting like a dictator. It’s time the Ky State Legislators come out of hiding and restore checks and balances.

I see zero issue with tournaments or out of state anglers.

I can help you out if you will guide me with your opinion. I am not a registered voter. Should I register republican or democrat. Who do I vote for? I am thinking whoever is the lesser of two evils.

Organize a high school tournament on Barren. I know some people who have ties with Summit Manor Nursing Home here in Columbia that I can send your way to help with the sing up and weigh in. Reason I say high school tournament is because at their age they have an immune system like a lab rat. They're not gonna die from a tournament but ol Billy Bob bubba might not fare so well.

This dead horse just will not stop. It's about time he crosses the finish line and got turned out to the pasture.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    I can help you out if you will guide me with your opinion. I am not a registered voter. Should I register republican or democrat. Who do I vote for? I am thinking whoever is the lesser of two evils.

Organize a high school tournament on Barren. I know some people who have ties with Summit Manor Nursing Home here in Columbia that I can send your way to help with the sing up and weigh in. Reason I say high school tournament is because at their age they have an immune system like a lab rat. They're not gonna die from a tournament but ol Billy Bob bubba might not fare so well.

This dead horse just will not stop. It's about time he crosses the finish line and got turned out to the pasture.
    That is senseless garbage. Second time you have begged to shut down a thread, now you are asking for me to be banned? Since you want to bring it close to home, how about china send out a few packages to any county, we can sell out our country by way of amazon.

I know people that can hook you up with cheap china stuff, reason I say that is because clearly Chinese people have an immune system like a lab rat. I don’t give a hit if you vote, how you vote, or if you vote at all. I’m just warning you never to line up single file,marching in one direction ,mindlessly.

I could say a lot more But will refrain. This china virus is bad stuff, just like the flu or pneumonia. Until the state of ky even attempts to test people for it, we will never know where it fits in. Hopefully Kroger is interested in the FACTS!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwormy View Post
    Is there a problem with that? Will I get in trouble? The closest lake to me worth a darn besides the river is rocky fork. I love the river, but it’s blown up? Planning on yatesville. Will I get stopped and a ticket being from Ohio?
    I’ve yet to see a single quarantine flyer on out of state vehicle at ramp,marina, or job site. I’d say you are good to go. Think about other people first and take care of yourself. Simple guidelines. Most reasonable people understand you are not trying to infect the state of Ky, or get infected for that matter. Kudos to Ohio for actually testing people and getting out in open instead of slow walking it for political purposes.

Once again, Ky has egg on its face with hand out.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is senseless garbage. Second time you have begged to shut down a thread, now you are asking for me to be banned? Since you want to bring it close to home, how about china send out a few packages to any county, we can sell out our country by way of amazon.

I know people that can hook you up with cheap china stuff, reason I say that is because clearly Chinese people have an immune system like a lab rat. I don’t give a hit if you vote, how you vote, or if you vote at all. I’m just warning you never to line up single file,marching in one direction ,mindlessly.

I could say a lot more But will refrain. This china virus is bad stuff, just like the flu or pneumonia. Until the state of ky even attempts to test people for it, we will never know where it fits in. Hopefully Kroger is interested in the FACTS!
    This is the Tim I have come to love and know...for those not in the know we know each other and enjoy pushing buttons. I really think he is scared to go fishing with me though. I don't know if he thinks I have the Corona or if he is just scared to get in the boat with me. I have not made my mind up on that one yet...FYI open seat Mon, Tue and Wednesday this coming week. Yes I know Tuesday is my normal day but big girls gonna eat this week so I am taking advantage of it, or had you rather I just text you score tracker updates. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    This is the Tim I have come to love and know...for those not in the know we know each other and enjoy pushing buttons. I really think he is scared to go fishing with me though. I don't know if he thinks I have the Corona or if he is just scared to get in the boat with me. I have not made my mind up on that one yet...FYI open seat Mon, Tue and Wednesday this coming week. Yes I know Tuesday is my normal day but big girls gonna eat this week so I am taking advantage of it, or had you rather I just text you score tracker updates. LOL
    I know a bunch of high school tournament fisherman. I don’t have time. I may catch china virus and die, that doesn’t scare me. I don’t want to spread it but it is effn time governorstops his kiddie ****!!!
    Fish
    I’m a realist. I m not interested in filling out census form now??????wtf? WTF????? Why is census the focus ?

Thankfully I haven’t been laid off due to this. I’m just a simple essential worker that wants to fish.