Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Clouds plus Wind = Bass

Just stay positive and keep casting .. breeze picked up and clouds came in .caught 16 pounds in a hour.. white spinnerbaits with gold willowleaf. See
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200411_173615.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	113.4 KB 
ID:	19812   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200411_173649.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	119.2 KB 
ID:	19813   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200411_173804.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	149.3 KB 
ID:	19814   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4997.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	19815  

Likes Bobby Headrick, Brushawg liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    What lake or is it a top secret private destination? lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Great bag of fish...regarding the wind and cloud cover I firmly believe those bright sunshine days most people consider a beautiful day are actually the worst for catching bass. Now there is situations when I want sunshine and a nice day but I prefer a very light falling barometer with cloud cover and 5-7 mph wind.

My theory is bass are predators. They use the ripple on the water and cloud cover to ambush their prey. Kind of like a thief in the middle of the night that's breaking into you outbuilding. They will occasionally do it in broad daylight but they can be more effective in the cover of darkness. Same principle for bass. They can feed on those bright nice calm days but they are much more effective when they have ripple on the water and cloud cover to use to their advantage to ambush their prey.

Multiple times I have had people who rarely ever fish but know me and know that I fish a lot say "boy I bet today would be a nice day on the water" when it's one of those nice and sunshine days. They look at me like I am crazy when I say it's nice for the fishermen but not the fish. I want a cloudy dreary looking day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    What lake or is it a top secret private destination? lol
    Been slaying them at Monroe in Indiana

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    Great bag of fish...regarding the wind and cloud cover I firmly believe those bright sunshine days most people consider a beautiful day are actually the worst for catching bass. Now there is situations when I want sunshine and a nice day but I prefer a very light falling barometer with cloud cover and 5-7 mph wind.
    Agree..
    My theory is bass are predators. They use the ripple on the water and cloud cover to ambush their prey. Kind of like a thief in the middle of the night that's breaking into you outbuilding. They will occasionally do it in broad daylight but they can be more effective in the cover of darkness. Same principle for bass. They can feed on those bright nice calm days but they are much more effective when they have ripple on the water and cloud cover to use to their advantage to ambush their prey.

Multiple times I have had people who rarely ever fish but know me and know that I fish a lot say "boy I bet today would be a nice day on the water" when it's one of those nice and sunshine days. They look at me like I am crazy when I say it's nice for the fishermen but not the fish. I want a cloudy dreary looking day.
    Agree

Post Thanks / Like
    My 2 biggest Bass came on cloudy rainy days.