Search Fishin.com

Thread: Cedar Creek

Post Thanks / Like

Cedar Creek

Can anyone give me some basic info on this lake? My dad has been wanting to hit this lake for years but its about a 2hr trip from where we live to get there so if we go, Id like to have a decent idea of what to expect from the lake as I have never been near it.

Not asking for honey holes or anything like that. Just some info about the lake and anything one might want to share.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Skeeter

Post Thanks / Like
    https://app.fw.ky.gov/fisheries/wate...l.aspx?wid=325

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpKf...&index=52&t=0s (Cedar Creek fishing starts around the 16min mark)

I'm sure there's other videos on Youtube ... the above link is KY Afield from 3yrs ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Indy 500 of fishing, been three times and it’s horrible, just like 6 people in one bath tub

Post Thanks / Like
    It’s always busy. Small lake with a few creek arms. Lots of standing timber, some artificial cover and some riprap areas to be found. Sunken bridge and some old ponds. Any place there isn’t trees, there is grass (not sure of the type) but it’s thick and aggravating at times.

Post Thanks / Like
    The few replies before me are all true. It is usually a bit crowded (probably more so now during the quarantine) and there is grass that can be a pain. But with that being said, there are some good bass to be caught. They can be difficult to find, but we’ll worth the crowd and grass, in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterjames View Post
    Can anyone give me some basic info on this lake? My dad has been wanting to hit this lake for years but its about a 2hr trip from where we live to get there so if we go, Id like to have a decent idea of what to expect from the lake as I have never been near it.

Not asking for honey holes or anything like that. Just some info about the lake and anything one might want to share.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Skeeter
    This lake has fish attractors, maintained by KFW (Kentucky DNR). One option would be to plan doing a spread around the fish attractors.

http://fishing-app.gpsnauticalcharts....4722/-84.5604

I wouldn't spend money on any of the website or apps that promise to tell you about all the honey holes in your favorite lake.