Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    It definitely is. Discussing it is one thing. But people often use it to slam others for their "left" or "right" viewpoints. But I'll agree it seems to stay pretty civil here for the most part.

Post Thanks / Like
    tim e,
    unless I missed something (and it's possible) I havent been banned one single day from fishing or hunting.
    I've been able to find ways to catch 23 inch smallmouth, 42 inch stripers, limits of spots every day, hunt turkeys, enjoy fried turkey Sammy's. look for Morrell mushrooms , which is the most therapeutic thing I do.
    In "normal" times I do a lot of these activities by myself but I do ocitake a group trolling for stripers.
    so I guess what I'm trying to say is I have endeavored to continue to enjoy my hobbies while trying to comply with guidelines proposed by the Federal government that have been adopted by state governments.
    I have had to change and tweak my routines to accommodate these new "abnormals" such as everyone gathering at the fuel pier pre dawn to chat and enjoy a cup of coffee. but I didnt let the stoppage of that activity take me completely out of the game.
    I LIVE to fish and have still been able to find a way to get that done.
    I understand the competitive angle on tournament fishing and how addictive it can be and how exhilarating it is , I did it for years.
    but if you truly love to fish just to compete against the fish I dont think you can be stopped, you will find a way.
    get on the water soon, take a deep breath, look around for a minute, smile and cast away.
    good luck to you
    Likes voeller101 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Technically, that is frowned upon currently. The point has been made by another member about the governors orders, to stay healthy at home. If you must go to work, get groceries, etc then you should go straight home as fast as possible. Same as healthy at work guidelines. Honestly I have worked everyday other than weather/work related and frankly been carrying on the same as always. Like thousands of others.

The problem I have is with overreach. We had numbers that projected everyone would need hospital beds, etc. Those numbers were incoherently wrong, unexplained, and goalpost keeps changing with new restrictions everyday. It’s time we started hearing facts instead of fluff.

Finally, initially I supported everyone staying at home to kill the virus. It didn’t take long to realize that we were just prolonging it and making it a reoccurring problem.

I love to hunt and fish as well, that is exactly why I bring up the limiting of them in anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    Technically, that is frowned upon currently. The point has been made by another member about the governors orders, to stay healthy at home. If you must go to work, get groceries, etc then you should go straight home as fast as possible. Same as healthy at work guidelines. Honestly I have worked everyday other than weather/work related and frankly been carrying on the same as always. Like thousands of others.

while you wre writing this caught 2 really chunky spotted bass.
    while I was writing this I probably missed out on two more.

The problem I have is with overreach. We had numbers that projected everyone would need hospital beds, etc. Those numbers were incoherently wrong, unexplained, and goalpost keeps changing with new restrictions everyday. It’s time we started hearing facts instead of fluff.

Finally, initially I supported everyone staying at home to kill the virus. It didn’t take long to realize that we were just prolonging it and making it a reoccurring problem.

I love to hunt and fish as well, that is exactly why I bring up the limiting of them in anyway.
    while you were writing this I caught 2 really chunky spots.
    while I was writing this I probably missed out on 2 more lol.
    my point is shed all the distractions that are keeping you from doing the things you love to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m not distracted as much as you apparently,lol. I will be on the water this weekend and welcome seeing everyone else!!!! Last thing I’m gonna do anymore is curse anyone on water. Well, those wake boats really bother me!!!!!!!!

I think everyone should reach out to kdfwr and let them know that we are the oversight. That hunting and fishing ban for many was biggest stab in back I have seen. It was to easy for them also. Without blowback from pretty much non tournament angler like myself, then mob rule mentality could ban stripper fishing. Those bills may come in handy soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by voeller101 View Post
    Well said, stripernut1!

I like when people on fishin.com talk about fishing and leave the political stuff to Facebook and Twitter!
    Just making a statement man. I live to fish and HATE politics. And I don't do social media AT ALL. Have a nice day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did anybody happen tohear the governers address yesterday when he said like he has a bunch of times to get outside & enjoy yourself? AS usual some think it's illegal to fish when in fact the only thing that's been said is no tournament fishing which is considered social gathering? I guess you guys had rather bitch about something that's not completely true then to obey a simple order that does not keep anybody off of the water?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    Did anybody happen tohear the governers address yesterday when he said like he has a bunch of times to get outside & enjoy yourself? AS usual some think it's illegal to fish when in fact the only thing that's been said is no tournament fishing which is considered social gathering? I guess you guys had rather bitch about something that's not completely true then to obey a simple order that does not keep anybody off of the water?
    The governor and whoever at kdfwr that banned tournaments can go piss up a rope! Ramps full up today, no social distancing, no lol masks, EVERYONE knows it’s BS!

The good news is they can’t close ramps now. 5 Florida plates at state park today with trailers. I’d suggest contacting your kdfwr commissioner and letting them know jigs up, unless they just want to cow tow to a few. Zero “social distancing” is happening at ramps currently.