Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

PSA - COE Day use permits during corona virus

Corp office @ Barren River told me they are not currently issuing new permits until further notice, and they aren't patrolling day use areas or issuing any tickets. They took my name/number and said they would call when they begin selling new permits.

Post Thanks / Like
    What are these permits for? I haven't been to Barren in several years but was considering heading down there in a week or so to do some night fishing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by voeller101 View Post
    What are these permits for? I haven't been to Barren in several years but was considering heading down there in a week or so to do some night fishing.

I believe he's referring to the yearly day use permits where you pay $30 up front and can launch as many times in that year as you want, at any COE ramp throughout the state that normally charges a launch fee. (like Holmes Bend @ Green River Lake or the Alfrey Ramp @ Cave Run)

He also seems to be saying that the COE guards are not patrolling those facilities or ticketing anyone that does not have the day use pass hanging on their rear view mirror (showing that you've paid the $5 fee & deposited it in the envelope chute or have your annual pass hanging there).

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, sir!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes that's correct.

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    I believe he's referring to the yearly day use permits where you pay $30 up front and can launch as many times in that year as you want, at any COE ramp throughout the state that normally charges a launch fee. (like Holmes Bend @ Green River Lake or the Alfrey Ramp @ Cave Run)

He also seems to be saying that the COE guards are not patrolling those facilities or ticketing anyone that does not have the day use pass hanging on their rear view mirror (showing that you've paid the $5 fee & deposited it in the envelope chute or have your annual pass hanging there).

Post Thanks / Like
    Tournaments firing back up the May 11th? If they can arbitrarily “suspend” tournaments, they can do they same with access or general fishing. I have called and asked kdfwr what statute allowed them or governor to suspend tournaments, of course there isn’t one.

Post Thanks / Like
    What would we do if we were in the governors shoes? All we could do is just like he is & do what the top health officials recommend. He is just keeping the social distancing thing up as best he can trying to keep people safe since evidently a whole lot of us don't have enough sense to according to what you see about covid 19 partys etc. I love tournament fishing, but i also think it wasn't a bad thing at all to shut them down while this is going on. Nobody knew just how bad things could be because nobody on earth has ever been through something like this & doesn't have a clue what would or still could happen. Evidently what KY has had shut down is working because the numbers are so much lower than other states surrounding us. Hopefully people don't go bizerk when opened back up & cause another round that's way worse than it is now, but i somehow believe they will. Some don't think so, but this is some serious stuff that we knew nothing about & very little about now.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don’t think we have any idea how many has or had it. Knowing that, there is no way to compare our numbers with other states. Tn sure made our governor have egg on his face.

Post Thanks / Like
    How you liking your police state Kentuckians?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BCWader View Post
    How you liking your police state Kentuckians?

Absolutley LOVING my Kentucky!! This has been the best spring I can remember , the fishing has been incredible, the turkeys have been gobbling until they're out of breath. the Morell mushrooms? big as pop bottles and too many to carry back to the truck in one trip.
    so thanks for asking , yeah it's awesome!!
    Likes Wormin liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Well said, stripernut1!

I like when people on fishin.com talk about fishing and leave the political stuff to Facebook and Twitter!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by voeller101 View Post
    Well said, stripernut1!

I like when people on fishin.com talk about fishing and leave the political stuff to Facebook and Twitter!
    What about banning fishing and hunting is considered unrelated to talking about fishing?