Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking of fishing this weekend

I'm thinking of going take cumberland or Dale this weekend. Is it safe to say its going to be extremely crowded since this is our first weekend off of house arrest.

Post Thanks / Like

Same

Quote Originally Posted by kstonich View Post
    I'm thinking of going take cumberland or Dale this weekend. Is it safe to say its going to be extremely crowded since this is our first weekend off of house arrest.
    I think the nice weather will bring more people out than the hollow stay at home order. But with no tournaments going on I’ve noticed lakes haven’t been as crowded at least around here.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been fishing most weekends throughout this restriction and there has been more boats out than I have ever seen. Places I normally fish in spring have had twice the boats than normal. I'd say its gonna be busy!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    What’s I’ve noticed is it’s more weather dependent. Last weekend it was cool and rainy 2 other boats on the lake. I took off early Tuesday and it was nice and parking lot was full. So many people off work and out of school it seems like the weather is the biggest factor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fntsyfbgod View Post
    What’s I’ve noticed is it’s more weather dependent. Last weekend it was cool and rainy 2 other boats on the lake. I took off early Tuesday and it was nice and parking lot was full. So many people off work and out of school it seems like the weather is the biggest factor.
    I have to agree, a saturday may be very slow while a wednesday might look lime memorial day weekend. it does seem more weather related

Post Thanks / Like
    This Saturday lined up like a new chik fil a opened!

Post Thanks / Like

Yep

I want to Dale, Saturday. Was a little busy then about 10:30 it started to fill up
    By 1 it was a circus.As usual only problems I had were from guys in bass boats showing no etiquette on the water. I was trolling along minding my own business in a wide area of the lake and and a couple guys come by me maybe 30 yards away.? A little later I was about 70 yards from shore, I had moved out as a man and his daughter were crappie fishing then a bass boat flys by between me and them.
    Plenty of room to have gone outside of both of us the guy puts his arms up to say what the hell, as a sign of acknowledgement each guy in the bass boat flipped them off again why. Maybe an hour later another one rounds a point real close where I am trolling cuts both of my inside planer boards takes the last gizz4 shallow plug with him . Didn't even slow down, i even had the flags up. So at that point I pulled in the rest of my gear rounded up the other boards and decided to leave before I ended up in jail..

I did catch 1 walleye 3 smallmouth.
    This reminds me why I almost never fish on weekends its like going out drinking new years eve that's when the amateurs go out.

I'm not sure if social distancing is a thing there as I didn't observe much of it , from the rafts of boats partying to the outdoor seating at restaurants and live music setting up.

Should have gone with my gut and stayed home. But on the bright side at least gas was cheap.

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to Dale, Saturday. Was a little busy then about 10:30 it started to fill up
    By 1 it was a circus.As usual only problems I had were from guys in bass boats showing no etiquette on the water. I was trolling along minding my own business in a wide area of the lake and and a couple guys come by me maybe 30 yards away.? A little later I was about 70 yards from shore, I had moved out as a man and his daughter were crappie fishing then a bass boat flys by between me and them.
    Plenty of room to have gone outside of both of us the guy puts his arms up to say what the hell, as a sign of acknowledgement each guy in the bass boat flipped them off again why. Maybe an hour later another one rounds a point real close where I am trolling cuts both of my inside planer boards takes the last gizz4 shallow plug with him . Didn't even slow down, i even had the flags up. So at that point I pulled in the rest of my gear rounded up the other boards and decided to leave before I ended up in jail..

I did catch 1 walleye 3 smallmouth.
    This reminds me why I almost never fish on weekends its like going out drinking new years eve that's when the amateurs go out.

I'm not sure if social distancing is a thing there as I didn't observe much of it , from the rafts of boats partying to the outdoor seating at restaurants and live music setting up.

Should have gone with my gut and stayed home. But on the bright side at least gas was cheap.