Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back to Ky to all non residents!

Federal judge rules governor Beshear travel ban unconstitutional. I know it didn’t stop most of you anyway,lol!

Post Thanks / Like
    It didn’t stop me, but the fish did that day 😂

Post Thanks / Like
    I respected it, had trip planned mid April but cancelled it. Probably avoid the Striper May headache and hit’em in June.
    Lookin forward to spending some Ohio money in Ky.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidgold View Post
    Lookin forward to spending some Ohio money in Ky.
    Ky will need every penny of it as well! Please apologize for our temporary doofus and kdfwr.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back.

Hey, We waited and moment he opened it we shot down. Only last Sunday to Thursday. Drove home Friday due to freezing cold and rain and don't forget WIND. Sunday- Tues pretty decent flippin' bushes. Only one lead-in spot had biting fish for me. I was finding fish slow but ok. Now Dad struggled A LOT! After the 42 degree morning on Wed. It killed the bush bite for me, along with the low water!!! Never been there in May and water below summer pool. I was hoping for at least 359.6 and got 358.9 and slow falling and cold mornings. We should have stuck with finding more lead-ins, But not good at it I guess? Always a struggle. Wish I could go back if water comes up and weather stabilizes! Best bite 1.Flippin', 2.swimjig 3. trick worm and on lead-ins 4. Big TRD
    Was pleasantly surprised with open ramps no traffic. Last day thursday got busy in Kuttawa!!! Stayed in Barkley the whole time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by swimjigboy View Post
    Hey, We waited and moment he opened it we shot down. Only last Sunday to Thursday. Drove home Friday due to freezing cold and rain and don't forget WIND. Sunday- Tues pretty decent flippin' bushes. Only one lead-in spot had biting fish for me. I was finding fish slow but ok. Now Dad struggled A LOT! After the 42 degree morning on Wed. It killed the bush bite for me, along with the low water!!! Never been there in May and water below summer pool. I was hoping for at least 359.6 and got 358.9 and slow falling and cold mornings. We should have stuck with finding more lead-ins, But not good at it I guess? Always a struggle. Wish I could go back if water comes up and weather stabilizes! Best bite 1.Flippin', 2.swimjig 3. trick worm and on lead-ins 4. Big TRD
    Was pleasantly surprised with open ramps no traffic. Last day thursday got busy in Kuttawa!!! Stayed in Barkley the whole time.
    Should have hung around and visited an in person church service today. I think our governor is 0-2 for his guidelines being constitutional. Tournaments cranking up again and not a single person at kdfwr will tell you statute that granted them the power to suspend tournaments or non residents from hunting or fishing in Ky. They will have questions to answer soon as well, they ain’t the kings army.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by swimjigboy View Post
    I’m thinking about heading down to fish Thursday-Sunday. Weather is supposed to get nice. Did you fish north Barkley most? That’s the area I know the best and plan on going if work allows.. I obviously want to flip bushes and yellow flowers. Do you believe it would be worth the 5 hour drive?
    Likes swimjigboy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I was hoping too

Quote Originally Posted by bigwormy View Post
    I’m thinking about heading down to fish Thursday-Sunday. Weather is supposed to get nice. Did you fish north Barkley most? That’s the area I know the best and plan on going if work allows.. I obviously want to flip bushes and yellow flowers. Do you believe it would be worth the 5 hour drive?
    I was considering running back down next week? Depends on mom. She fell again yesterday, ok just a bump on head. Was wanting to go north to st Clair but so crazy full of boats and gross motel situations, yuck! So Barkley looks good. Next week is cooling but nights stay warmer. And yes we did north Barkley except one day , a wnd day. We went to little river but DEAD, boated 3 keep fish. No other bites.
    stay safe tight ones.