Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Is this a fishing related*forum??

I usually don't post anything here mostly because my fishing knowledge level is very basic and does not offer much help. There are a lot of experienced anglers here and some of them are extremely generous with their knowledge and I am grateful for that.
    I come to this site more often these days as an escape from our current harsh realities. However, recently some posters and more specifically, TimE, are frequently posting about subject matters that has nothing to do with fishing. I guess I should be appreciative of TimE sharing his vast knowledge of everything (except fishing) but I would appreciate it a lot more if he shared it on the "Off Topic" site. Is that too much to ask?
    I am assuming he feels obligated to guide us through this pandemic but he can be as effective on the "Off Topic" site and save as many lives there. So, Mr TimE, please Sir, do share your deep knowledge of this virus and all viruses, their origins and how best to fight them in a more appropriate site but not this "fishing" site. As much as one may not like rules, please comply with Forum's guidelines and rules and stick with fishing related topics. This is not that complicated. Thank you!
    Likes Wormin, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the board. This isn’t the butthurt forum though, so please post all the whining in off topic post forum.

My posts are fishing related, if you ever visited you would know about Bigwormy’s post and threads about out of state residents fishing and hunting in Ky. A federal judge has cleared that issue up as being unconstitutional and looks like tournaments can open up along with horse racing.

Post Thanks / Like
    well I'm not going to say it was on fire...but it was definitely better this evening than it was this morning. this May weather pattern is crazy.
    but that's fishing...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stripernut1 View Post
    well I'm not going to say it was on fire...but it was definitely better this evening than it was this morning. this May weather pattern is crazy.
    but that's fishing...
    MayWeather is a character for sure. Not sure he has anything to do with fishing though. I’ve been getting excellent reports on Green and Cumberland. Barren is terrible and Dale Hollow is the usual hit or miss.

Hopefully we can get a more diverse report now that it’s wide open, don’t you agree?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    MayWeather is a character for sure. Not sure he has anything to do with fishing though. I’ve been getting excellent reports on Green and Cumberland. Barren is terrible and Dale Hollow is the usual hit or miss.

Hopefully we can get a more diverse report now that it’s wide open, don’t you agree?
    I usually dont rely on reports as there is a strong chance I'm on the water about 150 days more per year than the one giving the report . and I couldn't really tell it wasnt wide open already

Post Thanks / Like
    bitchin.com was to vulgar so they had to pick some kind of name. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    bitchin.com was to vulgar so they had to pick some kind of name. lol
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    true dat!

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually dont rely on reports as there is a strong chance I'm on the water about 150 days more per year than the one giving the report . and I couldn't really tell it wasnt wide open already

Sometimes the hardest fish there is to catch is the fish someone else told you about. Heck I have seen two people in the same boat have totally different results. People fish different and use different equipment. In reality there is a lot more variables between people that can effect sucess rate than what I mention, I just gave those as a small example.

I had much rather have a good report on water color, temperature, weather conditions and location of shad/crayfish/or whatever bait was present than someone say I caught them in X area on X bait.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    Sometimes the hardest fish there is to catch is the fish someone else told you about. Heck I have seen two people in the same boat have totally different results. People fish different and use different equipment. In reality there is a lot more variables between people that can effect sucess rate than what I mention, I just gave those as a small example.

I had much rather have a good report on water color, temperature, weather conditions and location of shad/crayfish/or whatever bait was present than someone say I caught them in X area on X bait.

that is EXACTLY why I put very little stock in fishing reports. I've had egg on my face more than I care to remember telling someone right where I caught them and the exact bait and retrieve erc and the fish dont seem to remember that information lol

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^^^yep river goes up, river goes down, where I caught my fish today, tomorrow they go away lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got back from getting a haircut in Tn, business was brisk to say the least.

As far as relying on reports, I don’t. Anybody can write one. I do put a lot of stock in pictures though and generally can tell if a lake is hot or not. Count me into they category that doesn’t care about water temperature,color, stage, or even boat traffic. Elevation is really the only condition that I use to judge a lake with. Pictures speak for themselves

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    Just got back from getting a haircut in Tn, business was brisk to say the least.

As far as relying on reports, I don’t. Anybody can write one. I do put a lot of stock in pictures though and generally can tell if a lake is hot or not. Count me into they category that doesn’t care about water temperature,color, stage, or even boat traffic. Elevation is really the only condition that I use to judge a lake with. Pictures speak for themselves
    I do take color, temp, time of year etc. into consideration, but I look at tva wolf creek almost daily to see how cumberland is fluctuating & check green a lot too since they're my favorite lakes in this area. I do believe elevation is a bigger factor then a lot of folks think it is, but time of year is huge too & I know that hot water ( water temps) makes for some miserable trips on them day or night.