Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    I do take color, temp, time of year etc. into consideration, but I look at tva wolf creek almost daily to see how cumberland is fluctuating & check green a lot too since they're my favorite lakes in this area. I do believe elevation is a bigger factor then a lot of folks think it is, but time of year is huge too & I know that hot water ( water temps) makes for some miserable trips on them day or night.
    I know some lakes that thermocline will eliminate 80% of water on in summertime. I know other lakes that it does the opposite. Eliminating that much water always helps a poor fisherman like myself!l

Post Thanks / Like
    95% of the time i fish on intuition. Ive been given some very good and reliable information over the years and stunk it up. You can generally know the time of year and have an idea before you show up to the lake. I dont spend a ton of time on the lake (i did during the two weeks i was off work and it was great being able to keep up with them) but i generally have an idea what ill do when i show up. Sometimes it works, sometimes not so much but ive learned that if i rely on my gut feeling its right more than its wrong

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    95% of the time i fish on intuition. Ive been given some very good and reliable information over the years and stunk it up. You can generally know the time of year and have an idea before you show up to the lake. I dont spend a ton of time on the lake (i did during the two weeks i was off work and it was great being able to keep up with them) but i generally have an idea what ill do when i show up. Sometimes it works, sometimes not so much but ive learned that if i rely on my gut feeling its right more than its wrong
    I have got to where I rely on gut more. Instead of
    rigging baits on before trip I just wait to see what is going on. I still believe I can tie a jig or trig on and find them shallow most of time.k