Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Fishing tournaments resuming 22nd depending who you ask

Rumor is some people have gotten a memo from the governors office but no one has told fish and wildlife. So fish and wildlife is getting hundreds of calls from people trying to confirm the tournaments are open and as far as they know it’s still closed. I’m sure we will get some sort of official statement release by the 22nd but for now you can’t get any confirmation from anyone you can pick the phone up and call. I’m sure if it’s legit an email will go out to fish and wildlife offices soon but I figured for tournament guys it would be nice to know in advance and non tournament guys it’s notice to enjoy your last tournament free weekend. Here’s the infamous memo btw.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3F1BD971-EAA5-4367-8A9D-86C0E31E63A2.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	19879  

Post Thanks / Like
    I am just glad things are starting to look a little normal on the water. Today (Tuesday 5/12) was the first time since early March the lake I fished looked somewhat normal as far as boat traffic goes for a Tuesday. I have fished Monday and or Tuesday every week since the middle of March because nothing has changed about my schedule. I purposely chose to work every Saturday to avoid most big tournaments. Now I am not anti tournament because I will occasionally fish one just for fun. Truth be told I have been practicing this social distancing thing since the 6th grade and that was in the early 80's LOL....

My loop of information is kind of small (again I have been doing this social distancing since the early 80's) I purposely avoid national news and seldom watch or listen to local news but I do know this for sure...I sure could use a haircut and a fajita chimichanga with a tall margarita. My one and only report said they saw a New Jersey vehicle in Bowling Green today. I suppose the Trump stimulus money is working and people are out spending money. Now all that needs to be done is open it up so I can spend mine where I want to spend it. If tournaments are opening back up I guess my question is whats the time line for other things to start opening back up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    I am just glad things are starting to look a little normal on the water. Today (Tuesday 5/12) was the first time since early March the lake I fished looked somewhat normal as far as boat traffic goes for a Tuesday. I have fished Monday and or Tuesday every week since the middle of March because nothing has changed about my schedule. I purposely chose to work every Saturday to avoid most big tournaments. Now I am not anti tournament because I will occasionally fish one just for fun. Truth be told I have been practicing this social distancing thing since the 6th grade and that was in the early 80's LOL....

My loop of information is kind of small (again I have been doing this social distancing since the early 80's) I purposely avoid national news and seldom watch or listen to local news but I do know this for sure...I sure could use a haircut and a fajita chimichanga with a tall margarita. My one and only report said they saw a New Jersey vehicle in Bowling Green today. I suppose the Trump stimulus money is working and people are out spending money. Now all that needs to be done is open it up so I can spend mine where I want to spend it. If tournaments are opening back up I guess my question is whats the time line for other things to start opening back up.
    I can fill in all the blanks in a few sentence. Two drs came along lock step in gloom and doom predictions/failed models. They effectively shut this country and several others down with fear.

As the predictions/projections failed day by day, a rift soon grew between this little guy and the gal with 1970 wardrobe. The gal came out and stated she couldn’t believe any data the cdc introduced. Stated cdc could be inflating cases AND deaths by a mind blowing 25%.

Not to be outdone, the lgs (little guy syndrome) guy had to be center of attention again. He came out and said death rate could be 25% low and schools couldn’t be reopened without the first coronavirus vaccine ever. Lil guy has years of research with china on coronavirus and possibly vaccines. Hmm

Oh yeah, tourney time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Tournaments??? SERIOUSLY??? yall are worried about tournaments and constitutional rights?

I took missus stripernut to walmart for our anniversary dinner at the deli and wasnt even allowed to walk in together!!
    now THATS trampling on some constitutional rights !
    lol
    hopefully very soon not only will be all be able to do what we like but we will also feel safe doing it.
    screamin drags to all!
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Normal?

What is normal. The finding something to raise cain & complain about over & over & almost everday is pretty much normal isn't it? lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    What is normal. The finding something to raise cain & complain about over & over & almost everday is pretty much normal isn't it? lol
    yeah I heard they are looking for a guidance counselor over on poor-me.com. I think I know a great candidate lol, would you second my motion?
    Likes Wormin liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stripernut1 View Post
    yeah I heard they are looking for a guidance counselor over on poor-me.com. I think I know a great candidate lol, would you second my motion?
    Snitchin.com is available. Maybe some could pool all their hiding at home money up and purchase it? I’m sure it would receive high praise during daily sidewalk chalk and census briefing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    Snitchin.com is available. Maybe some could pool all their hiding at home money up and purchase it? I’m sure it would receive high praise during daily sidewalk chalk and census briefing.
    nobody hiding at home here man, I've gone and done EVERYTHING I've wanted to do. I could've stayed home and whined about how bad I've got it but I put my big boy panties on and acted like a man.
    it's a lot of fun, try it

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to continue this petty back and forth as it is great sport but I have a cooler full of fish to clean.
    thanks for joining me in a spirited game of one upmanship, have an awesome day

Post Thanks / Like

Ummm

Tournaments??? SERIOUSLY??? yall are worried about tournaments and constitutional rights?

I took missus stripernut to walmart for our anniversary dinner at the deli and wasnt even allowed to walk in together!!
    now THATS trampling on some constitutional rights !
    lol
    hopefully very soon not only will be all be able to do what we like but we will also feel safe doing it.
    screamin drags to all!
    Well this is a fishing board last I checked that’s why I mentioned tournament news.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fntsyfbgod View Post
    Well this is a fishing board last I checked that’s why I mentioned tournament news.....
    sarcasm friend...
    Likes Fntsyfbgod liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to continue this petty back and forth as it is great sport but I have a cooler full of fish to clean.
    thanks for joining me in a spirited game of one upmanship, have an awesome day

Petty/ great sport? Which is it and why do you think I was singling you or any other member out? I always have awesome days, generally I’m 97.9% correct in my assessments and some get a mild rash from it.

Horse racing is a closer contact activity than tournaments so I’m not sure I should take credit for the sure thing tip I got. And always remember, Legislators make laws, even those currently hiding!