Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Elwood

Post Thanks / Like
    I know from a medical standpoint how much suffering this man put up with since 2003. In my 46 years in the medical field, I know of no one that had to put up with a situation like his. I also know no other liked to fish more than him and had the mind of a fish figured out. Everything about his fishing was within perfection. He was truly one excellent sportsman. I also know he was one of the most honest and truthful men I have ever known. His love for his family was unmatched. As you can tell from the past post on fishin.com, how much fun I had fishing with him. I too, along with many others here on Fishin.com who knew him, am very sad with his passing. Knowing his fight for health through all this time, I know he needed a rest. There are some people in our life we come into contact that will always leave an void, and Elwood is one of those people.
    Likes GeoFisher, riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    See you around the corner Elwood.
    It was nice having you here.
    Likes riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't know Elwood personally but somehow I feel deeply saddened like I lost a good friend. I used to read his posts, some fishing and others related to his health issues and surgeries. He did not post for a good while and I assumed/hoped he was doing better and on the road to recovery. Unfortunately, the recent posts about him made me realize that he was still battling old health issues but I sure did not expect to hear of his passing. Perhaps it was his honesty or straight forward character he displayed in his posts or maybe the mountain of pain and agony that he went through that touched me the most, I don't know. All I know is that I too feel a void for this person I did not know. So my friend, Elwood, thank you for enhancing my life, your memory will live on. My thoughts are with your family that endured your pain with you and will long long after you.

Post Thanks / Like
    To all of you fishermen, when a man as sick as Elwood was through the years, he always had his fishing gear next to his bedside when he was at home. He was trying his best to the end to get well enough to go fishing again. A couple of weeks ago, we were talking on the phone, and he was still trying to tell me how to rig a double-fluke setup. I will miss him greatly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very, very sad news. He will be greatly missed.

Post Thanks / Like
    My friend Woody was a great guy. It was an honor and pleasure sharing a boat with him. It was even better to say that I was his partner when we won the "Billy"! He will be missed by many. I have never knew anybody that put as much thought into fishing as he did. Its untelling how good of a fisherman he would have been if he would have had the chance to spend more time on the water. I met Woody because of this forum and by just a chance of luck. I don't know how many of you guys remember the "Secret Santa" thing he did about 10 years ago. Well I got his name and sent him a few things along with a note. I asked him if he would take me float n fly fishing on Dale. I told him I would pay for everything if he would take me for a few days. After some convincing he agreed and January 1st 2009 within 5 minutes of daylight he had caught 2 smallies over 21in. One was 4lb 15oz and the other was 5lb 1oz. The next day and a half of fishing was amazing. We had 6 overs in 2 days and probably close to 40 fish total. You name it and we talked about it that day. From that weekend on I considered him one of my good friends! RIP my friend and thanks for everything!
    Likes GeoFisher, riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Met Elnut at the first get together, really enjoyed his energy and enthusiasm when he was talking about his smallmouth, this guy thought he would catch a 10lb smallmouth on every trip and new he would catch the next state/world record and I think that played big on his success. Hope your on them now big guy!
    Last edited by Wormin; 06-04-2020 at 08:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Elwood

Never met Elwood but did talk on the phone with him once and he shared everything he could think of to try and help me out!
    Always looked forward to reading his posts they were never short or boring! Does anyone have a pic of him they would share that would be great!
    Rest in Peace Mr.Elwood!

Post Thanks / Like
    His PB smallmouth. January 3, 2010
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FED03328-5AF0-46B0-9B56-3244477D1B51.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	19959  
    Likes GeoFisher, LJP, riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by canepole View Post
    Never met Elwood but did talk on the phone with him once and he shared everything he could think of to try and help me out!
    Always looked forward to reading his posts they were never short or boring! Does anyone have a pic of him they would share that would be great!
    Rest in Peace Mr.Elwood!

Did you read the link I posted earlier? It has a picture and gives an in-depth story about his health issues.....https://www.bassmaster.com/node/39592
    Likes LJP, riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Many of us made it to his funeral today.

There was not a dry eye in the place......he was so loved by so many.

We laughed a little.....we prayed a little. We told stories and as fisherman, I'm sure we told a few white lies.

But no matter what, my good friend, Elwood "Woody" Lumpkins......ElnutsmallJaw has went to meet his maker.

Rest in peace my friend. You and your stories, will be sorely missed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan002.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	19964

Name:	scan004.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	19966

Name:	scan003.jpg