Search Fishin.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Elwood

Post Thanks / Like
    His dad presided over his son's funeral? Wow, that is sad.
    Likes GeoFisher, riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if I'm still on lock-down or not here on Fishin.com, as I haven't posted in years since Peter pretty well shut me down after getting into it with Elwood over some goofy basketball game in 2011 or 2012...Elwood sure did love his UK Wildcats basketball team, and NOT the football team as he made that clear several times! Ha! I never got to meet him in person, and though we had our differences and colorful arguments, I still respected the guy and would have helped him out on the water if it ever came to that. We're all bonded by this fishing thing that we do, and any time we lose one of our own, it definitely makes you take a few steps back and reflect on what's really important in life.

I will always think of him during March Madness, as he's the only guy I ever heard call my bracket "a dead money bracket." The banter was always fun, I think he even had a separate screen name during March just for it, "Netboy Extraordinaire." It's evident from the posts here that he was just as passionate about his friends and family as he was about his fishing and basketball team. For those who were close to him and knew him well, I am sorry for your loss.

May he rest in peace, and may his family and friends find comfort in the days ahead.

Post Thanks / Like

RIP Elwood

I am so sorry to hear this bad news. I always enjoyed reading his post in here. May he catch that 10 lb smallmouth in heaven. My condolence to his family and friends. My brother-in-law lost his wife to weight loss surgery many years ago. Elwood went though way too much and no one deserves to have to go though all that.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=artcarney_agr;577942]I don't know if I'm still on lock-down or not here on Fishin.com, as I haven't posted in years since Peter pretty well shut me down after getting into it with Elwood over some goofy basketball game in 2011 or 2012...

Peter's ahead of the curve with prison reform, man.
    Likes GeoFisher, Moveon, riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been MIA for a bit but I didn't expect to come on here and see this! Sad to hear. He came to my house years ago before my first trip to KY and marked several spots on a map for us. super nice guy that didn't deserve the issues he was dealt. Rest easy big guy!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    I don't know if I'm still on lock-down or not here on Fishin.com, as I haven't posted in years since Peter pretty well shut me down after getting into it with Elwood over some goofy basketball game in 2011 or 2012...Elwood sure did love his UK Wildcats basketball team, and NOT the football team as he made that clear several times! Ha! I never got to meet him in person, and though we had our differences and colorful arguments, I still respected the guy and would have helped him out on the water if it ever came to that. We're all bonded by this fishing thing that we do, and any time we lose one of our own, it definitely makes you take a few steps back and reflect on what's really important in life.

I will always think of him during March Madness, as he's the only guy I ever heard call my bracket "a dead money bracket." The banter was always fun, I think he even had a separate screen name during March just for it, "Netboy Extraordinaire." It's evident from the posts here that he was just as passionate about his friends and family as he was about his fishing and basketball team. For those who were close to him and knew him well, I am sorry for your loss.

May he rest in peace, and may his family and friends find comfort in the days ahead.
    I can remember some of those threads and can say like many others they were quite entertaining. He definitely didn't hold back when it came to his cats. I wish we could go back to the days when we could argue and still have each other's backs. RIP brother
    Likes Wormin, GeoFisher, PRO V LE liked this post