In our nation today we see people doing the most unbelievable stupid things. I find myself in disbelieve of the actions of people each day. Actually, there are many reasons for what they do. One way to bring down a nation is to cause chaos in anyway possible. It is my hope that the “silent majority” in this nation at some point will stand up against the people who want to destroy this nation.

I also think it is time to show wisdom in our decision-making. So what is wisdom? In human or secular terms, wisdom is a capacity of knowledge. When we speak of divine wisdom in relation to people, it refers to the abilities granted by God to people in all aspects of life. If we look for a more exact term for wisdom, the most precise definition is that “God is Wisdom.” Because he is the creator of all things in heaven and on earth, and nothing is hidden from Him (Psalm 139).

Wisdom is the ability to think and act using knowledge, experience, understanding, common sense and insight. Wisdom is associated with attributes such as unbiased judgment, compassion, experiential self-knowledge, self-transcendence and non-attachment, and virtues such as ethics and benevolence. Wisdom is righteous and just use of knowledge. Wisdom is also understanding and the practicality of experience. From experience comes testimony. James 1:5 tells us if you ask for wisdom, God will give it generously without finding fault.

Even though some people are intelligent, knowledgeable, and successful, they still may not be “wise”. Being wise means getting to the “core” of things, but its never self-serving. People who are wise get to the heart of things. They don’t rest on assumptions, they aren’t swayed by bias; they have no personal stake in the answer. However, knowledge is not enough by itself. You must put knowledge into practice and incorporate it into your life.

In chapter 9 of Proverbs, verse 10, is the beginning (the starting point) of wisdom… “The reverent fear of the Lord is the beginning and preeminent part of wisdom.” It is seeing things in God’s point of view. Wisdom is the “Mind of God.” Wisdom is the right use of knowledge. Wisdom is a “Godly Instructional Manifestation.” Proverbs 13:20, “He who walks with wise men will be wise.” Wisdom was regarded as one of the highest virtues among the Israelites along with kindness and justice. Both the books of Proverbs and Psalms urge readers to obtain and to increase in wisdom. Humanity at large has failed to come to know God through human wisdom. Wisdom is something all of us could use during this time of turmoil in our nation.

Bonefish