Summer 2020 is here with beautiful calm mornings, the waters surface alive with baitfish in the early morning, game fish can also be present,striking the bait from below, making for great sight catching opportunities. Open water surface activity with smaller fish can be Seatrout, Jack Crevalle or Ladyfish, larger fish at times on the surface can be Tarpon or bull Redfish. The smaller game fish will take lures, live shrimp and little bait fish, best baits for large surface fish are blue crabs or bigger bait fish. Targeting the variety of different back waters species where you never know whatyou’ll catch next, I use light tackle with natural baits and small sub surface lures, casting to underwater drop offs, points, creek mouths, and submerged creek beds, most trips catching 10 or moredifferent species. Spotted Seatrout are one of the usual Lagoon backcountry catches, long time repeat client Steve from Tennessee with a nice Speck on a recent trip …………

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	June 2020 Steve Tennessee Trout.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	20020

Another regular guest along with his dad, young Grant from Kentucky with a nice Snook caught off the edge of an oyster bar with little Mangrove Trees growing on the shells ……………

Name:	June 2020 Grant Snook.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	131.2 KB 
ID:	20021

Nick from Ft Lauderdale and his uncle were here staying at a local B and Bat New Smyrna on the intracoastal waterway, I picked them up at the Band B’s dock and off we went into the backcountry, catching a bunch of different species along with a nice Snook for Nick ………….

Name:	June 2020 Nick Snook.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	20022

Local couple Rob and Danielle from Daytona had a fun trip with many species landed, Danielle here with a fun size Jack Crevalle ………………..

Name:	June 2020 Danielle Jack.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	107.1 KB 
ID:	20023

………..and the pair with a couple school size Redfish caught double header style at the same time out of a small school of Reds we found ……………….

Name:	June 2020 Rob Danielle Redfish.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	127.5 KB 
ID:	20024

We pretty regularly have a surprise catch of an unexpected fish or sea creature gets hooked up in the back waters, this time the uncommon fish a young Permit caught by Edgewater local Gard …………….

Name:	June 2020 Gard Permit.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	20025

FUN FRIENDLY LIGHT TACKLE FISHING ADVENTURES
Indian River and Mosquito Lagoon Backcountry and Flats Fishing
CHILDREN ALWAYS WELCOME – FAIR PRICES
Near Daytona Beach, New Smyrna Beach, and Orlando, East Central Florida

CALL OR TEXT ME ANYTIME 386-689-3781
See my website https://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com

Capt.Michael Savedow