Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Is norris lake still a good sm lake?

Haven`t been to Norris Lake in a long long time. Just wondering if the lake still produces good SM fishing. Never see any post on the lake. Used to fish Hickory Star a lot but it has been awhile. Thinking about giving it a try Tuesday night.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Tenn forum doesn't usually have much info on ANY lake. But I did see a good SM report from Dale on another fishing forum, back on 7/2/20 ... topwater bite day & evening, spinnerbaits, jigs & plastics at night. They were fishing the mid-lake area, if that's any help.

I do remember that he said the "where" & "on what" bite changed from day to day, depending on wind, & moon brightness where they were at the time.

Sorry, but I know absolutely nothing about Norris, nor do I know anyone to ask.
    Likes BRS liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a couple buddys that fish it & they still like it pretty good & talk about catching them pretty good there> One dropshots a lot & catches good ones

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    The Tenn forum doesn't usually have much info on ANY lake. But I did see a good SM report from Dale on another fishing forum, back on 7/2/20 ... topwater bite day & evening, spinnerbaits, jigs & plastics at night. They were fishing the mid-lake area, if that's any help.

I do remember that he said the "where" & "on what" bite changed from day to day, depending on wind, & moon brightness where they were at the time.

Sorry, but I know absolutely nothing about Norris, nor do I know anyone to ask.
    Thanks for the report on Dale Crappiepappy, I was there a week or so back and did fairly well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    I have a couple buddys that fish it & they still like it pretty good & talk about catching them pretty good there> One dropshots a lot & catches good ones
    Never did the drop shot but sounds like I might should be giving it a try. Not much into day time fishing but I love the night bite. Thanks for the info Les Young

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't been there this year, but typically do some night fishing there in the summer and fall. I've had some really good trips in the summer (and some really crappy ones). Usually put in at the dam and fish in Cove Creek and the main river up past Big Creek and that marina just past it (never can remember the name of the marina).

We've done really well in November and December night fishing with big-bladed spinnerbaits.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRS View Post
    Never did the drop shot but sounds like I might should be giving it a try. Not much into day time fishing but I love the night bite. Thanks for the info Les Young
    He said to look for the big underwater boulders if you're going to do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if every body knows but it cost $20.00 to dock at the dam.