Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KDFWR intrigue

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post
    I'm saying Bevin did his share of overreaching too, but it didn't all make the papers. They ALL want that KDFWR $$$ and it kills them there's a big chunk of government they don't control.
    Paxton Media Group, a large owner of many newspapers in KY, as well as News Channel 6 in Paducah, has a vendetta against Bevin or any other Republican for that matter - if Bevin was doing some kind of overreach to pull money from KDFWR, they would have totally called him out on it. I don't recall that ever being mentioned. I was really shocked that they even mentioned when Beshear tried it earlier this year, but with Lyon County Judge Executive Wade White drawing a lot of attention to it, I guess they felt somewhat obligated considering it's impact to Ballard WMA and the KY/Barkley Lake area with it's ongoing battle of Asian Carp that had just received national attention with the Modified-Unified Method test. I was a little angry when I learned that Stephen Rudy was the sponsor of the measure, as he's a Republican state rep out of Ballard County, but later learned that he's chair of Appropriations and Revenue and his name was tied to it by default.

I know you say KDWFR has a lot of money, but it's actually pretty low when compared to neighboring states. KDFWR has an annual budget of about $90 million, but states like Missouri are up around $150 million....those states have the same financial model with collecting money from license sales and boat registrations and such that totals up to roughly the same, however they get an extra kicker by getting a fixed percentage of the sales tax....I sure wish we could get that in KY! It's pretty amazing what they accomplish over in Missouri with their public land opportunities, and they have the means to create some really unique places. I'm not saying KY is bad in any way, but more funding could certainly go a long ways into enhancing what we've got, as well as create new opportunities. At least we've got the US Fish and Wildlife starting to invest more into KY to help make up the difference, the plans for the expansion of Clarks River Refuge and the Green River Refuge are some monumental projects that are slowly starting to materialize.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    Paxton Media Group, a large owner of many newspapers in KY, as well as News Channel 6 in Paducah, has a vendetta against Bevin or any other Republican for that matter - if Bevin was doing some kind of overreach to pull money from KDFWR, they would have totally called him out on it. I don't recall that ever being mentioned. I was really shocked that they even mentioned when Beshear tried it earlier this year, but with Lyon County Judge Executive Wade White drawing a lot of attention to it, I guess they felt somewhat obligated considering it's impact to Ballard WMA and the KY/Barkley Lake area with it's ongoing battle of Asian Carp that had just received national attention with the Modified-Unified Method test. I was a little angry when I learned that Stephen Rudy was the sponsor of the measure, as he's a Republican state rep out of Ballard County, but later learned that he's chair of Appropriations and Revenue and his name was tied to it by default.

I know you say KDWFR has a lot of money, but it's actually pretty low when compared to neighboring states. KDFWR has an annual budget of about $90 million, but states like Missouri are up around $150 million....those states have the same financial model with collecting money from license sales and boat registrations and such that totals up to roughly the same, however they get an extra kicker by getting a fixed percentage of the sales tax....I sure wish we could get that in KY! It's pretty amazing what they accomplish over in Missouri with their public land opportunities, and they have the means to create some really unique places. I'm not saying KY is bad in any way, but more funding could certainly go a long ways into enhancing what we've got, as well as create new opportunities. At least we've got the US Fish and Wildlife starting to invest more into KY to help make up the difference, the plans for the expansion of Clarks River Refuge and the Green River Refuge are some monumental projects that are slowly starting to materialize.
    Like I said, not everything makes the papers.

Post Thanks / Like
    From Jim Strader Outdoors program:

"Governor Beshear and his cabinet have attempted to block the re-appointment of the head of the Agency, Rich Storm. Storm received a unanimous vote of approval on his contract renewal by our nine district commissioners, who are our representatives on the commission board. Storm’s re-appointment was also approved by the Contract Review Committee in the Legislature. The Governor and cabinet’s attempts to block Commissioner Storm’s contract are contrary to Kentucky Revised Statute 150.061 which clearly states the Fish and Wildlife Commission has the sole authority to hire Commissioner Storm. Attorney General Daniel Cameron has ruled the contract is valid and legal.

This Thursday at 3 pm, Commission Chairman Clinard has called a special Commission meeting which will be broadcast live via YouTube. He has called this special meeting to address the commission’s responsibilities and authority under KRS 150.061. They are also going to address the overreach by Governor Beshear and his cabinet. This is a historical commission meeting!!! I strongly encourage every sportsman and outdoor woman to watch it live or recorded on YouTube. To do so go to the KDFWR home page and click on the YouTube icon in the upper right hand corner of your computer, or at the bottom of the page on your smart phone."
    Likes jcb, TimE liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    From Jim Strader Outdoors program:

"Governor Beshear and his cabinet have attempted to block the re-appointment of the head of the Agency, Rich Storm. Storm received a unanimous vote of approval on his contract renewal by our nine district commissioners, who are our representatives on the commission board. Storm’s re-appointment was also approved by the Contract Review Committee in the Legislature. The Governor and cabinet’s attempts to block Commissioner Storm’s contract are contrary to Kentucky Revised Statute 150.061 which clearly states the Fish and Wildlife Commission has the sole authority to hire Commissioner Storm. Attorney General Daniel Cameron has ruled the contract is valid and legal.

This Thursday at 3 pm, Commission Chairman Clinard has called a special Commission meeting which will be broadcast live via YouTube. He has called this special meeting to address the commission’s responsibilities and authority under KRS 150.061. They are also going to address the overreach by Governor Beshear and his cabinet. This is a historical commission meeting!!! I strongly encourage every sportsman and outdoor woman to watch it live or recorded on YouTube. To do so go to the KDFWR home page and click on the YouTube icon in the upper right hand corner of your computer, or at the bottom of the page on your smart phone."
    Couldn’t find kdfwr YouTube channel, even though they have had conservation camp material on there all summer. Go to kdfwr and their link takes you to ky.gov. I don’t care what you think about politics, if you like fishing and hunting you better start paying attention to this!

Post Thanks / Like
    KDFWR having the commission meeting today. Sounds like they are going to file a suit against beshear administration. It will be broadcast on YouTube,can find details at kdfwr website.

Post Thanks / Like
    KDFWR has agreed to sue Andy Beshear.

Andy was pretty mad during his COVID-19 update yesterday and used it as his soapbox to discuss it.

Andy's update video from yesterday, the KDFWR part starts at about 24:10

https://youtu.be/oJeLKtSiP8A?t=1450

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post
    Like I said, not everything makes the papers.
    KDFWR filing lawsuit against beshear made the papers. A lot of other things are starting to show up also but this forum only pertains to fishing.