Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What's your opinion of the economy in KY right now...

Monday I was in town to run some errands and thought I would stop buy a Mexican restaurant to eat. The sign on the door says limited seating capacity but when I walked in the main dining floor was so full I had to sit at the bar/meeting room to eat.

I also had to get a propane tank filled. Our local pawn shop fills propane tanks so I stop buy there. The guy who works there has been there for 25+ years. I have personally known him for 35 years. Where they fill your propane tank is the area where they park 4 wheelers, golf-carts, lawn mowers and other large items for sale. They had one canoe and that was it. He told me they could not get stuff fast enough that it was selling as soon as they could get it. He said they had very few things on pawn that people were buying not selling or putting stuff on pawn.

I stop buy the Chevrolet dealership to schedule a recall appointment for the ignition switch on a car I own. I noticed the side lot was totally empty and the front lot had the appearance of being 70% capacity but the way they had the vehicles spaced apart it was more like 50% capacity. I mentioned this and they laughed and said we spread them out to appear like we have a decent selection but the reality is we are at the lowest we have ever been on inventory. They are selling them faster than they can get them. They actually started to advertise they want to buy your vehicle even if your not interested in trading or buying from them. The used and new vehicle market is as strong as they have ever seen it.The low inventory thing is not only this dealership. I see this on multiple car lot/dealerships in my area.

While out running my errands I heard three different ads on the radio of industrial places having open house job interviews. One of the ads was for the place where I work. To the best of my knowledge we had around 1200 or so employees around the first of the year and now were up close to 2000 and still hiring daily. Starting pay 15 plus 1.50 for shift premium if you go to nights so you're walking in making either 15 or 16.50 day one.

My daughter has been wanting to move out for a while. She has been looking everywhere for an apartment and it has took a couple months to find what she was looking for but its not in our hometown its the next town over. The apartment market is so strong right now some places are putting your name on a waiting list for an opening. The home and real-estate market is also strong. I know one person who list their home and sold it two weeks later. I know another guy who recently divorced. They had two pieces of property. One was a home site and the other was a small farm. They put the 30 acre farm on the market and it sold in two days. The house is sale pending after three weeks on the market.

People who have 401K accounts are blowing up. I have one particular stock that was around 1800 this time last year but now its 3200 a share.

Now with all of the above being said this is what I am seeing with my own two eyes so I know it exist. While out running errands listening to the radio I hear KY's governor on the radio saying...and this was his exact words..."people not wearing mask are hurting our economy" WTF...it's booming like gangbusters. Money is flowing like a river just after a thunderstorm. I have openly said it before and I will say it again. I know I live in a small world because I choose to do so. I like living under a rock and being in the shadows. I am one of the few people people who actually un-registered to vote and let me tell you its more complicated to get your name off the registry than it is to get it on the register. For me personally it got to the point of every-time I was voting local,state or national I had to chose the lesser of two evils instead of the best candidate so I chose not to vote at all. I often hear on the radio and TV how politicians are saying our economy is struggling. That is not what I am seeing.

Now it would be foolish for me to say there is not specific areas in my local economy that is not struggling but overall in the big picture its booming. The overwhelming majority that are struggling are small mom and pop type businesses. I do know people who are laid off work and I do know several small businesses that have been negatively impacted buy COVID 19. Now with that being said two of the people I know who are laid off do not want to be called back because both are bringing home right at 1000 per week in unemployment because of the 600 per week stimulus bonus. Granted I have not talk to them in a few days and the 600 per week was suppose to stop at the end of July but when your're getting a 600 week bonus for staying home on top of what you can draw it makes it hard to want to go back to work.

Do politicians really think the economy is struggling. Is it really happening because I don't see it. I would not consider myself a recluse but I do purposely stay away from the pulse of whats going on around me politically...so whats the fishin.com consensus. Strong economy, normal or struggling or a mixture strong,normal and struggling.

Post Thanks / Like
    same here.
    this year, i've already broken all time sales record with 3-1/2 months to go.
    they say everybody is blowing their virus check.
    i don't know but definitely no slowdown here.

Post Thanks / Like
    The greatest economy this world has ever seen. It’s everywhere, not just Ky. Stimulus checks,free money etc is only a blip that will soon end. The economy was the greatest before the chinese virus was imported.

I can not grasp how any American doesn’t understand this, or how any American can support someone exporting jobs to china. If you don’t vote then I don’t know why you concern yourself with anything relating to economy. Please don’t vote if you are uninformed though, last thing we need is more moveon,acorn,antifa,blm communists. Look at the history of those organizations, it will be eye opening.

Post Thanks / Like

Tim, Remember Nixon started trading with China

Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    The greatest economy this world has ever seen. It’s everywhere, not just Ky. Stimulus checks,free money etc is only a blip that will soon end. The economy was the greatest before the Chinese virus was imported.

I can not grasp how any American doesn’t understand this, or how any American can support someone exporting jobs to china. If you don’t vote then I don’t know why you concern yourself with anything relating to economy. Please don’t vote if you are uninformed though, last thing we need is more moveon,acorn,antifa,blm communists. Look at the history of those organizations, it will be eye opening.
    It's people like TimE that voted for trump that ruined a growing economy that Obama got started. It's Trump that allowed the China Virus to invade the USA. And it was people like TimE that allowed Trump to ignore a pandemic and allow the virus to spread throughout the USA like a California Wildfire with no rain in sight. Antifa is right wing GOP radicals that infiltrate the peaceful protests and then start burning down buildings and breaking into stores. And the Right Wing Extremist Fascist who are the equivalent of the Nazi brow shirts of the past. People who support Trump are helping him destroy the US Postal Service, Justice Dept, and the US EPA along with other agencies in the federal government. We have a virus that has killed over 157,000 people in only a few months and is poised to kill many more if Trump doesn't get off his A&& and do something to stop this virus other than pretending that it will just go away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    It's people like TimE that voted for trump that ruined a growing economy that Obama got started. It's Trump that allowed the China Virus to invade the USA. And it was people like TimE that allowed Trump to ignore a pandemic and allow the virus to spread throughout the USA like a California Wildfire with no rain in sight. Antifa is right wing GOP radicals that infiltrate the peaceful protests and then start burning down buildings and breaking into stores. And the Right Wing Extremist Fascist who are the equivalent of the Nazi brow shirts of the past. People who support Trump are helping him destroy the US Postal Service, Justice Dept, and the US EPA along with other agencies in the federal government. We have a virus that has killed over 157,000 people in only a few months and is poised to kill many more if Trump doesn't get off his A&& and do something to stop this virus other than pretending that it will just go away.
    Just quoting to capture,lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't it past your bed time TimmyE?

Just quoting to capture,lol.
    Put the baby to bed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you kidding me? Obama never got the economy growing period. Trump also never let the china virus come here. The vote will not be right because of mail in ballots & if you think he can get off his ass as you say & stop the virus you're just as crazy & radical as the rest of the democrats in Washington. Give me a break.
    Likes dragmerc, TimE, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    Are you kidding me? Obama never got the economy growing period. Trump also never let the china virus come here. The vote will not be right because of mail in ballots & if you think he can get off his ass as you say & stop the virus you're just as crazy & radical as the rest of the democrats in Washington. Give me a break.
    Good reply but his post was so wrong that it was comical. The RNC had a few videos last night of all the Democrat politicians saying the chinese virus wasn’t a threat etc. Heck, ol nancy was even telling people to come down to chinatown!!! The most ignorant is him/her/it calling blm and antifa terrorists “right wing GOP”. Lol.

It’s fun laughing at it (I’m positive it is IT’S preferred gender).

Post Thanks / Like
    Good reply but his post was so wrong that it was comical. The RNC had a few videos last night of all the Democrat politicians saying the chinese virus wasn’t a threat etc. Heck, ol nancy was even telling people to come down to chinatown!!! The most ignorant is him/her/it calling blm and antifa terrorists “right wing GOP”. Lol.

It’s fun laughing at it (I’m positive it is IT’S preferred gender).
    I have a feeling that trump will either win FANTASTICALLY BIG, or lose like no other president loses.

It is a crap shoot.

I honestly believe the silent majority is there, and will come out and SUPPORT trump, even though he is a total , ignorant buffoon........BUT who knows.

Personally, he gets my vote this time around.......Even though I'm disgusted by him, and his antics.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    I have a feeling that trump will either win FANTASTICALLY BIG, or lose like no other president loses.

It is a crap shoot.

I honestly believe the silent majority is there, and will come out and SUPPORT trump, even though he is a total , ignorant buffoon........BUT who knows.

Personally, he gets my vote this time around.......Even though I'm disgusted by him, and his antics.

Later,

Geo
    Look, I’m here to have a fact based rational discussion. Frankly, I don’t care about your opinion about him personally. For all I know you eat at the cnn,msnbc gravy boat three times a day. I hope you watched the republican convention and formed that opinion from it. As impossible and unlikely that occurred, good deal. Vote for the squad.

Now if you are comparing President Trump to a career politician, I understand that. No he isn’t eloquent speaker, isn’t politically correct, and didn’t enter the job with a meager bank account and leave with millions off the taxpayers.Heck, he donates his paycheck to charity. He didn’t upset the apple cart, he kicked it over. He will not sit idly by and let the propaganda machine or “War machine”,like Nick Sandmann pointedly labeled it, define him.

He is a leader not a politician. If you are interested in hearing empty promises, vote for the guy with 50 years experience. I will anxiously await any facts you want to introduce that President Trump isn’t the greatest president in our lifetimes. Watch the convention, it is clear the wool has been pulled over your eyes.

In closing, I just read an article on American spectator I think. A professor/statistician that has a better record than the liberals golden boy silver,.... predicted 362-176 for President Trump. I don’t buy into predictions other than my own. The black vote will crush Biden.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

You are nuts TimE

First you say you are here to have a fact based rational discussion. Then you go to bashing Geo for watching MSNBC or CNN. That just shows that you are not rational. And that you are not here to have a fact based discussion. No you are irrational and crazed. You have been drinking the wrong cool aid. A man's character matters and Geo's opinion is based on facts that Trump is Bat Sh** crazy. The GOP convention is nothing more than the Trump Family Circus. Trump is using the White house and getting his people to violate the law. The Hatch Act was passed in the 1930's and makes it illegal to use public employees to do political business while on the job. Mike Pompano should be in jail now for violating the hatch act.

Trump can't even read the briefs that the NSA gives him daily. Trump is the worst president that the USA has ever had in it's entire history.

Look, I’m here to have a fact based rational discussion. Frankly, I don’t care about your opinion about him personally. For all I know you eat at the cnn,msnbc gravy boat three times a day. I hope you watched the republican convention and formed that opinion from it. As impossible and unlikely that occurred, good deal. Vote for the squad.

Now if you are comparing President Trump to a career politician, I understand that. No he isn’t eloquent speaker, isn’t politically correct, and didn’t enter the job with a meager bank account and leave with millions off the taxpayers.Heck, he donates his paycheck to charity. He didn’t upset the apple cart, he kicked it over. He will not sit idly by and let the propaganda machine or “War machine”,like Nick Sandmann pointedly labeled it, define him.

He is a leader not a politician. If you are interested in hearing empty promises, vote for the guy with 50 years experience. I will anxiously await any facts you want to introduce that President Trump isn’t the greatest president in our lifetimes. Watch the convention, it is clear the wool has been pulled over your eyes.

In closing, I just read an article on American spectator I think. A professor/statistician that has a better record than the liberals golden boy silver,.... predicted 362-176 for President Trump. I don’t buy into predictions other than my own. The black vote will crush Biden.

Post Thanks / Like
    First you say you are here to have a fact based rational discussion. Then you go to bashing Geo for watching MSNBC or CNN. That just shows that you are not rational. And that you are not here to have a fact based discussion. No you are irrational and crazed. You have been drinking the wrong cool aid. A man's character matters and Geo's opinion is based on facts that Trump is Bat Sh** crazy. The GOP convention is nothing more than the Trump Family Circus. Trump is using the White house and getting his people to violate the law. The Hatch Act was passed in the 1930's and makes it illegal to use public employees to do political business while on the job. Mike Pompano should be in jail now for violating the hatch act.

Trump can't even read the briefs that the NSA gives him daily. Trump is the worst president that the USA has ever had in it's entire history.
    Bashing Geo? WTH are you talking about? I merely pointed out that I can’t argue his opinions because I don’t know how or why they were formed.

As for the rest of your post, I find it humorous. I could tell you how effective and fact based the rnc was but I figure you already know. Just look at how the rats are scrambling on the other side to see an example. They refused to denounce the violent riots from the blm/antifa terrorist until their polls started dropping like a lead balloon. Biden refused to leave his basement, now he says he may scurry to Wisconsin. The convention was very effective and clear to see by the reactions of the radical left team.