Search Fishin.com

Thread: Come on folks

Post Thanks / Like

Come on folks

Post some stuff about Indiana fishing.

Any reports on Boggs, or Dogwood, or Patoka, or Hoosier Nat.

WTF folks...........does anyone fish any more?

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

There is nothing in the IN forum about fishing

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post

Later,

Geo
    This web site has very little fishing comments in the IN forum and it's been that way for years. The only forum worth reading about fishing in the KY forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    This web site has very little fishing comments in the IN forum and it's been that way for years. The only forum worth reading about fishing in the KY forum.
    Maybe we can get folks back here.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried for 2 years and gave up

Maybe we can get folks back here.
    Most of the guys that posted in here are gone or refuse to post fishing information. Not sure why. I use to be one of the few guys that posted fishing information in here. But the discussions never developed. I got tired of posting and decided to stop posting in hope that others might pick up the slack. It never happened. Maybe it's something in the drinking water here in IN.

Post Thanks / Like
    I fished Hardy a few weeks ago and found crappie but they were all about 7 inches long. It looks like the grass is making a comeback but it will still be a few years I believe. You can catch yellow bass also but have to weed through the small ones.
    Likes GeoFisher, Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Must be wising up

I like reading fishing reports as much as anyone so I do miss seeing them. Still, I'm glad to see people finally realizing how stupid it is to post where you are catching fish on the internet, where literally millions of people can see it. Maybe if you fish huge water like Kentucky Lake it's not so bad since it can absorb a lot of pressure, or could before Asian carp ruined it. But even on a lake like that, when you advertise it, it becomes miserable to use the boat launches except at off times. So, no matter where you fish, you should keep your mouth shut, obviously. The DNR has people who get paid to promote the fisheries, that's more than enough publicity. I've heard all the arguments on the other side and they are all dumb, in my opinion. Like - there's plenty of room for everybody. Sure, you can find a place to fish, but the more people, the worse your experience. Like - we need fishermen to buy licenses. Sure, but the DNR isn't going broke. If they want more revenue they shouldn't be killing their cash cow which is deer tags by doing everything possible to reduce does. Nobody thinks there are enough deer anymore and I know people who quit because they got tired of not seeing any deer in the same places they used to see plenty.

I don't mind sharing information, but I do it a little more selectively than on the internet, that's for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Still fishing quite a bit

Later,

Geo
    It’s none of the above lakes you mentioned but I’ve been out numerous times of late. Last Saturday saw 26 smallies come to hand on a flowing river somewhere in Indiana. A 19”, 4 18” and 4 17” were the best. I’m taking them right now on the float and fly but still finding them very active and some still in shallower areas where they probably wouldn’t be in usual years. Other methods would likely work as well and likely be more effective but I’ve became lazy and there is just something so primitively exciting about watching a bobber go down. It’s been a warmer fall and the water temps still really aren’t that cold. Only up to a layer and a half under the waders.

Likely nobody cares about a stream report and I’m more than good with that. But folks are still getting out.

Haven’t been on this site for years and I see the only thing I’ve missed is time vs. moveon no time limit no disqualification on the off topics board. They still have the hair vs. hair and loser leaves town match that could possibly draw.

Glad to see you still posting here Geo always respected your take on things. As for me I will probably disappear back to parts unknown.
    Likes GeoFisher, Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Out again today

Caught 32 in 4 hours today on a different flow. No size today biggest was 16” but fish very active where I found them it was one right after the other. Caught 12 or 13 out of one tiny run. Zman TRD ruled the day.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by psprowler View Post
    Caught 32 in 4 hours today on a different flow. No size today biggest was 16” but fish very active where I found them it was one right after the other. Caught 12 or 13 out of one tiny run. Zman TRD ruled the day.

Man, that is GREAT........I'm down at Dale Hollow right now. Been sticking a few myself.....

Post Thanks / Like

there is a "Photo" forum where you can upload and post pics

Quote Originally Posted by bwframe View Post
    Nothing big, but putting meat in the freezer...

Hmm, tried to post a pic, but that doesn't seem to work?
    You have to post your photos in the "Photo" Forum in here and then refer people to your picture in the Photo-forum. The good thing is that you can link to a photo on your hard drive and you don't have to use a photo hosting site and pay them to host your pictures. And you can link to more than one photo in the fishin.com Photo Forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually it's possible to post pictures from your computer

Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    You have to post your photos in the "Photo" Forum in here and then refer people to your picture in the Photo-forum. The good thing is that you can link to a photo on your hard drive and you don't have to use a photo hosting site and pay them to host your pictures. And you can link to more than one photo in the fishin.com Photo Forum.
    You can post pictures in this forum but it's a 5 step process. I'm not going to post how to do that in here but send me a PM and I'll try to show you how to post a picture in here. I'd post in here but not everyone would post the kind of pictures that we need to see in here. I didn't think it was possible to post pictures anywhere except in the photo board but it's possible to post pictures in here if you have them on your computer and can link to them there.

The state of Kentucy has more lakes than we do in Indiana. We only have three large reservoirs. Brookville, Monroe, and Patoka. I used to fish Patoka and found the crappie were only 8" for the most part. Now you can find some 2 lb. 18" long crappie at Patoka at times but most of the crappie are small and stunted. I guess there is not enough food. They need forage to grow, and we just don't have that with all the gizzard shad that quickly outgrow the crappie. Now if Patoka had Threadfin shad instead of Gizzard Shad, we would have bigger crappie. Now I read that the State is stocking some walleyes in Patoka again. If they could eat some of the gizzard shad and smaller crappie then that might help the crappie grow larger. Those that don't get eaten by the walleyes that is.