Search Fishin.com

Thread: Evening Rain

Post Thanks / Like

Evening Rain

Evening Rain

I know there are many who do not live on land with horses, however there are many who do. After a few hot days before autumn sets in when storms gather on the horizon, especially during the early evening, the men and women who have horses to take care of experience special times. This evening the rains came from Gulf Cost all the way to Kentucky. My wife and I made our way to our barn to water, feed and clean the stalls for our horses. There is something very special to walk in the rain in the dark of the night as the rain hits your umbrella and drips to the ground. When you get to the barn, your three barn cats let you know its feeding time. Then, as the rain falls on the metal roof, you begin to clean the stalls, water and feed. Inside, the “first cut” hay sits dry, the cats play in the hay, and as many times before, I get to watch the love my wife has for her horses as she works. After the work is done, the “nightlight” is turned on, the barn lights are turned off and barn doors secured. Under our umbrellas, I follow my wife toward the warm glowing lights of home. As a hard rain fell, I felt a peace, a love of two people who have shared this walk many times before.

Roy L. Nave
    August, 2020

Post Thanks / Like
    I am confused...is this something you should lay blame on Trump or Biden for. Please update post with political bashing so I know which side your on.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I am more confused.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL...I guess you are in the dark if you have not read any of the other threads in the off topic board. They have pretty much turned into a left/right wing political bashing. The mudslinging going on in those threads is like watching a TV commercial for a democrat or republican running for office but it has the entertainment value of watching a train wreck in slow motion...I have zero political opinion to share with either side but I just cant't stop watching.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a Christian first of all and second of all a Constitutionalist. I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America with liberty and justice for all. However, I do realize liberty is not that one is free to do as one pleases without accountability for the consequences of one’s actions. Our heritage of liberty means that we are not owned or enslaved by another person or power.

Real freedom is not the external freedom to gratify every appetite; it is the internal freedom not to be enslaved by our appetites. Our individual and corporate freedom exists within the boundaries of ethical and moral responsibility. True liberty calls on us to express ourselves with civility and to respect the rights of those who think differently to do the same.

Justice is commonly perceived as “the assignment of merited rewards or punishment.” But the Old Testament prophets, especially Amos, knew that justice is much more than being affirmed for right behavior or punished for bad behavior. Justice strives to create viable opportunities for all persons to succeed economically, vocationally and socially. Real justice seeks to create opportunities for the disadvantaged.

The phrase “for all” is inclusive, not discriminatory. “For all” means we aim to provide and protect liberty and justice for all individuals regardless of gender, race, economic status, political ideology or religious background. To preserve liberty and justice for the privileged few is indicative of a shallow theology and an uninformed patriotism.

Liberty and justice are not just political ideals. They are social tenets that affirm intrinsic human worth, and spiritual values that reflect the image of our Creator, ultimately experienced through the liberty we find in Christ. John 8:32 declares, “You will know the truth and the truth will set you free,” and Amos 5:24 urges, “Let justice roll on like a river.” As true Americans in order to truly “let freedom ring,” we must be students and executors of justice in as stated in the Bible and Constitution.
    Likes dragmerc, R19 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I realize I comment a lot here on fishin.com, and I am grateful to fishin.com to have a form to share my views on important matters in today’s changing world. I feel we are at a point in history where we need to be clear as to the direction this country needs to go for the future of our children. There are a lot of obstacles to keep us from that clarity. I admit, I do not have many of the answers to the chaos plaguing our land today, but I am trying to make sense of it all the best I can. To the fishin.com staff, if I get too wordy, feel free to delete me. Bonefish
    Likes dragmerc liked this post