Search Fishin.com

Thread: GRL

Post Thanks / Like

GRL

Hit Green this am looking for some crappie. Had heard reports of guys catching them trolling so decided to try out my new spider rig set up. Not much to talk about though. Only had 4 keepers but stopped counting dink’s at 15. Fish we did find were in 16-18 foot of water down 14-15 feet. Anyone else been out??

Post Thanks / Like
    My buddy Tim, that guides on GRL, has been doing the same ... Pushing/Longlining jigs, though in a little deeper water. Not sure about how deep he had his jigs running, though, as he didn't say.

All my sources say now is the time to be Pushing jigs or cranks on the deeper flats or channel edges.

Post Thanks / Like
    I spoke to a local crappie guide Tuesday 9/1. He had just left the cleaning station at Holmes Bend and was at his boat getting ready to leave. I personally know the guide so we talk for a few minutes. We spoke about bass, crappie and Garmin Panoptix. When I ask how he and his client done for the day he said they had around 150 fish. He never did say how many were keepers or how many were shorts. Our conversation about crappie was very brief because the conversation was not really about crappie but apparently they were biting 9/1. FYI...if a person ever needs/wants a crappie guide trip on Green River Lake I know a guide whom I highly recommend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    I spoke to a local crappie guide Tuesday 9/1. He had just left the cleaning station at Holmes Bend and was at his boat getting ready to leave. I personally know the guide so we talk for a few minutes. We spoke about bass, crappie and Garmin Panoptix. When I ask how he and his client done for the day he said they had around 150 fish. He never did say how many were keepers or how many were shorts. Our conversation about crappie was very brief because the conversation was not really about crappie but apparently they were biting 9/1. FYI...if a person ever needs/wants a crappie guide trip on Green River Lake I know a guide whom I highly recommend.
    I know Tim Marple & David Jones, personally ... both are Crappie guides on Green. I know of Steve Spitzer, who also guides on Green/Cumberland/Dale Hollow, just not on a personal basis. I can give out their contact info for anyone that wants it ... just Private Message me or post here in this thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    David Jones and Kenny Patterson are the only two guides I personally know.

On a side story but funny note David and I both have particular parking spaces we use. Often we park close to each other. I would bet $ if he is at the lake I can tell you exactly what parking spot he is in. Often I am un-loading at daylight and often David is right there waiting on a client. If I don't see him un-loading I will see him on the water somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    David Jones and Kenny Patterson are the only two guides I personally know.

On a side story but funny note David and I both have particular parking spaces we use. Often we park close to each other. I would bet $ if he is at the lake I can tell you exactly what parking spot he is in. Often I am un-loading at daylight and often David is right there waiting on a client. If I don't see him un-loading I will see him on the water somewhere.
    DOH !!! I forgot all about Kenny Patterson. I've met him a time or two, just forgot he started guiding.