Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    My expectations are low so if you actually catch a fish you very well could make me jealous. I have yet to get a score tracker update so I figure its going down about like I thought.
    Anyone have a Clandestine report available?lol
    Likes CaptObvious liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope everyone had a better day than we did. Caught some smallmouth dinks out by accordion bluff on shiners. Back up in Sulphur creek more dinks, smallmouth and largemouths on a shad colored ribbed paddle tail grub on football jig. Water temps varied from 71 to 73. We fooled with the boats for about half of the day and was able to do some fishing the other. Hopefully we will concentrate more on fishing tomorrow and perhaps catch a few nice ones.

Post Thanks / Like
    We missed morning bite and didn’t get out til after lunch. Tough for us also, looks like weather not looking so good for smallmouth. We finally started scraping a largemouth bite together mid creeks. I say that but two lb was biggest of day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    We missed morning bite and didn’t get out til after lunch. Tough for us also, looks like weather not looking so good for smallmouth. We finally started scraping a largemouth bite together mid creeks. I say that but two lb was biggest of day.

If your down there for the entire week then the smallmouth bite should be good this Friday, Saturday and Sunday...they're calling for rain and overcast. I don't know much about Dale Hollow smallmouth but I do know they act a lot like Cumberland smallmouth and the more nasty the weather the better they bite. Sun and blue bird skies like we had today is the kiss of death on the deep clear water lakes like Dale and Cumberland.

I was on Barren today and had what I refer to as a Grand Slam in the state of KY...a keeper spot, keeper smallmouth and a keeper largemouth. I had a decent limit buy mid morning and then it shut off pretty quick...nothing big best 5 around 12-13lbs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another day without anything good. Water temp about the same. Hope someone else had some luck.
    Likes TimE liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone have a Clandestine report available?lol
    At this point I would be happy if you just made up a story and told me fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptObvious View Post
    Another day without anything good. Water temp about the same. Hope someone else had some luck.
    I was NOT on Dale Hollow but I did make some contact. Here is the score tracker update I sent Tim. I done a Zona on my first 5 so yes they live to fight another day. The one on the left is a smallmouth and there is a keeper KY in the back. The rest were largemouth so I had what I call a Kentucky Grand Slam of bass...keeper in all all three bass species.

https://i.postimg.cc/HkqPDc8r/thumbnail-Image.jpg

When I got back to the ramp someone decided they wanted to park pretty close. If you notice his fender it looks like something he has done before in the past. I managed to get out but it was a close call.

https://i.postimg.cc/xCYx8wRY/Inkedt...Image-1-LI.jpg

Okay...I have tried various different ways of posting pictures on this site and all I can get to show is the link. I use post image.org so what's the deal to get the actual picture to show up so you don't have to click the link.

Post Thanks / Like
    Last year was toughest October vacation I have had on Dale in probably last 10 years. That isn’t counting the die off because we caught some good largemouth then. Two days in and last year was great compared to this year. Last year it was high 80’s and fish easier to target, no dice up here. Caught one smallmouth so far, maybe 16”. Heading to main lake tomorrow to my summertime haunts but they don’t sound good either.

I have never in my life seen as many boats and bass fishermen on water mid week in October. It is possible fish are being caught but all our holes have been covered up. I haven’t caught a fish, likely because I refuse to work for them like younger version in boat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    At this point I would be happy if you just made up a story and told me fake news.
    We had 22 lbs by 7 am. Never seen a bigger possum run so fast to meet a tire.
    Likes R19, CaptObvious, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Gave up bass fishing. Started perch jerking today back in the bays in 10-20 foot of water using night crawlers and catching decent sized redear and bluegill. Got enough to stink up the skillet several times. Heading back in to sulpher creek, I noticed the shad were up and in balls shore to shore however they stopped at sulphur creek. Heading home tomorrow. Don’t know if I’ll fish in the morning. Lots of luck to everyone. Stay safe
    Likes fishincreek, TimE liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Last year was toughest October vacation I have had on Dale in probably last 10 years. That isn’t counting the die off because we caught some good largemouth then. Two days in and last year was great compared to this year. Last year it was high 80’s and fish easier to target, no dice up here. Caught one smallmouth so far, maybe 16”. Heading to main lake tomorrow to my summertime haunts but they don’t sound good either.

I have never in my life seen as many boats and bass fishermen on water mid week in October. It is possible fish are being caught but all our holes have been covered up. I haven’t caught a fish, likely because I refuse to work for them like younger version in boat.
    I don't start fishin dale until Mid November . Talk about good fishin and little people. Once deer season starts, you can have the lake to yourself most days.
    Likes roughriderbill liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Gave up bass fishing. Started perch jerking today back in the bays in 10-20 foot of water using night crawlers and catching decent sized redear and bluegill. Got enough to stink up the skillet several times. Heading back in to sulpher creek, I noticed the shad were up and in balls shore to shore however they stopped at sulphur creek. Heading home tomorrow. Don’t know if I’ll fish in the morning. Lots of luck to everyone. Stay safe
    We gave up a day early also. We fished every way possible with almost everything possible. From one end almost to other. We thought we were on a pattern but it failed. We seen several jumps in creek channels just 20’ out of casting range.

I got to where I was just laying on back deck with mouth open soaking up that healthy sunshine!