Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Garmin electronics

I was talking to a friend the other day and he was raving about getting to see livescope demonstrated. This guy don’t even fish anywhere his skew isn’t dragging bottom. That got me wondering about a couple things

1. How does livescope do in water 10’ or less?

2. How good is garmins other features like sidescan , down image, and sonar?

3. How is the operating system? Are they touchscreens, time consuming multiple menus like hummingbird, easy to operate?

I run Lowrance 3d and have a helix 10 mega. I prefer lowrance over hummingbird in almost every department but sometimes the mega images are better especially in dirty water. Most of the time they are about the same. The operating system is the main difference to me as I thing the bird is painful to use. I don’t know anyone with a garmin that I can go out on water with so I was just telling you my likes and dislikes of the graphs I have.

Post Thanks / Like
    1. To the best of my knowledge there is three generations of panoptics. The first generation (commonly called panoptics) and second generation (commonly called live scope) were mainly for looking forward and down with the main difference being the picture quality is different and much better with the second generation. The third generation has a feature called perspective view. People still call it live scope but it has an additional view called perspective. To use perspective view you need a special mount for the transducer. You mount the transducer like normal for forward/down view but when you want to use perspective view you turn the transducer sideways so it looks sideways/down instead of forward/down. This is what a person would want when fishing in 10 ft or less of water. If your in lets say 5-6 ft of water its more important to look forward and sideways than it is to look down and forward.

The majority of this video is shot in 5ft of water. He goes as shallow as 3 ft and as deep as 12 ft. The detail is so good you can actually see when a bigger fish swims buy it cast a shadow. You can also clearly see when baitfish swim buy and buy the size of the fish some appeared to be smaller panfish and the larger ones were more than likely bass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XJbMZK6wmM

2. Don't know never seen it

3. Don't know...yes some have touch screen but some don't...no idea about idea about ease of operation

Al I know is this. I have watched multiple YouTube videos regarding live scope and perspective view. I saw livescope in action on someone's boat and I was impressed with the sensitivity and detail. When it comes to bass fishing pros I tend to not pay much attention to their endorsement because they are paid to pimp...BUT there is a tons of pros who have zero affiliation with an electronic manufacture and they the majority are running live scope. In most cases when a tour level pro has no affiliation with a company they will use the tool that best suits their needs. Just look at how many boats are running live scope. Some run all three units at once. They use the combination of Lowrance for mapping and Hummingbird side scan when idling around to find targets to fish but when the trolling motor goes in the water its live scope to see what the fish are doing live.

If I were not such a tight wad I would already have one. I will have one within the next 1.5 years I can assure you of that. It all depends if I want to dip into my stash or start a separate kitty fund just for a Garmin. I plan on getting the 1022 bundle. Of all the stuff wrote in your post the thing that stood out the most to me was you admitted to having a friend.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just recently installed livescope on my boat and I am still learning it. So far I really like it. I don’t have the perspective mount yet and am just using it in forward mode. It really shines in 10 ft and deeper. In 5 ft or less I tend to just look around with my eyes and not pay much attention to it. Maybe I would if I had the perspective mount.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    Of all the stuff wrote in your post the thing that stood out the most to me was you admitted to having a friend.
    Dang Gene, you're a little hard on the old boy ain't you? lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Not really...I have told him before he is my best non fish catching virtual friend so for him to openly admit I am simply a friend flattered me. If I were a registered voter I would pull the Trump lever just for him. For an outsider reading this they may not understand the way we banter but some of our conversations are epic....on a more serious note. My one and only experience with Panoptics was impressive. I still got my Trump $ and have added a few $ to it with the intent to get Panoptics. I have a special account that I play $30 a week with the stock market and have been doing well with it. Right now I am all in but after the election I may regret my decision. If someone has a good Black Friday, Cyber Monday or Christmas sale I will pull a few $ and put with my stash and get one. Otherwise I will wait until my stash gets big enough but I can assure you I will get one because I was that impressed with what I saw.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    Not really...I have told him before he is my best non fish catching virtual friend so for him to openly admit I am simply a friend flattered me. If I were a registered voter I would pull the Trump lever just for him. For an outsider reading this they may not understand the way we banter but some of our conversations are epic....on a more serious note. My one and only experience with Panoptics was impressive. I still got my Trump $ and have added a few $ to it with the intent to get Panoptics. I have a special account that I play $30 a week with the stock market and have been doing well with it. Right now I am all in but after the election I may regret my decision. If someone has a good Black Friday, Cyber Monday or Christmas sale I will pull a few $ and put with my stash and get one. Otherwise I will wait until my stash gets big enough but I can assure you I will get one because I was that impressed with what I saw.
    Don’t be skeered, drop that coin. Things are about to look up in just a couple days ! I was talking about Matt Robertson’s experience with garmin. Pimpin ain’t easy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    Don’t be skeered, drop that coin. Things are about to look up in just a couple days ! I was talking about Matt Robertson’s experience with garmin. Pimpin ain’t easy!
    In your original post I thought I was the friend you spoke of. I guess I got my hopes up for nothing because now I know were I stand. I tell you what if Trumps wins (and I hope he does) I will have one mounted before the end of December. FYI the rocker panel gang switch box I spoke to you about that I was going to order to re-wire all my accessories is on back order. Once I get all the junk off my battery Panoptics is my next project.

Oh yeah that pimp Matt Robertson is on a roll. He punched his ticket to the 2021 Bassmaster Classic today. He is currently 4th place overall in points so with two more solid finishes in the last two tournaments he will also get an invite to fish the 2021 Elite Series next year...right now his pimp hand is strong.

Post Thanks / Like
    You don’t need no panoptics, you will microwave the fish before they bite! You don’t have to worry about falling out of boat and drowning. You need to worry about falling out of boat and getting a concussion from bottom! Buy a helmet and some costas, thank me later.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You have a valid point. I do enjoy fishing for suspended fish...suspended 1 ft off the bottom in 2 ft of water

Post Thanks / Like
    Of all the stuff written in your post the thing that stood out the most to me was you admitted to having a friend.

ha ha ha. Good one R19.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have Garmin electronics. Heres my take on them. The mapping ***** out loud. Both lowrance and humminbird have them beat. The sonar is maybe not quite lowrance level, but its not bad at all. The side imaging is on par with lowrance but not hbird mega quality. Livescope is the real deal. I got it this spring but ive spent less time on the water than any other year i can think of. You know i enjoy fishing brush and it takes that to a whole nother level. I can be in the brush im trying to fish within 2 casts for sure but usually on the first cast. I havent put my time in to learning it yet and it shows. It makes crappie fishing like taking candy from a baby. Im really looking forward to getting it out on cumberland this winter where i can see the bait im trying to target

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    I have Garmin electronics. Heres my take on them. The mapping ***** out loud. Both lowrance and humminbird have them beat. The sonar is maybe not quite lowrance level, but its not bad at all. The side imaging is on par with lowrance but not hbird mega quality. Livescope is the real deal. I got it this spring but ive spent less time on the water than any other year i can think of. You know i enjoy fishing brush and it takes that to a whole nother level. I can be in the brush im trying to fish within 2 casts for sure but usually on the first cast. I havent put my time in to learning it yet and it shows. It makes crappie fishing like taking candy from a baby. Im really looking forward to getting it out on cumberland this winter where i can see the bait im trying to target
    I bet those grl boys don’t want to see you when you get to spend more time on water!! I guess I’m gonna have to hate livescope for a few years. I can always fall back on the ol have to be around fish before you can catch fish argument, if I ain’t around them it is unlikely they appear on livescope.