Search Fishin.com

Thread: Sauger

Post Thanks / Like

Sauger

Any sauger action at Meldah Dam on Ohio river

Post Thanks / Like
    I fished at aj jolly Saturday talked to a guy who was fishing for sauger there said he was there last week was slow

Post Thanks / Like

Cumberland River Burkesville

I know you are asking about up north but I ve been picking them up pretty regular off my ramp downstream from Burkesville. I mention this because up until this year I have only caught one and that was three years ago. Caught enough to have a few meals! Caught them on jigs mostly orange and yellow paddle tails and a couple on crank baits.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bob46 View Post
    I fished at aj jolly Saturday talked to a guy who was fishing for sauger there said he was there last week was slow
    Bob, did you do any good at aj jolly lake, crappie or saugeye?
    Bassky

Post Thanks / Like

Burkesville

We have fish Burkesville many times. We stay at the motel a block away from the boat ramp. We have caught some nice trout there. Are the trout biting now. Last time I fished the river by the dam from shore , I caught a 4 pound largemouth on red power bait. Returned it to the water.

Quote Originally Posted by gforcetrivers View Post
    I know you are asking about up north but I ve been picking them up pretty regular off my ramp downstream from Burkesville. I mention this because up until this year I have only caught one and that was three years ago. Caught enough to have a few meals! Caught them on jigs mostly orange and yellow paddle tails and a couple on crank baits.

Post Thanks / Like
    No was bass fishing went there in May and caught 38 crappie with only 4 keepers I have caught sauger while bass fishing most of them by old dam by golf course

Post Thanks / Like

Trout

Quote Originally Posted by Wagsjd4 View Post
    We have fish Burkesville many times. We stay at the motel a block away from the boat ramp. We have caught some nice trout there. Are the trout biting now. Last time I fished the river by the dam from shore , I caught a 4 pound largemouth on red power bait. Returned it to the water.
    Have been a little slow with all the water but continue to catch sauger. 20 incher yesterday. I catch LM every once in awhile but they are small. Also caught a 12 pound carp on the same orange jig a couple of days ago. Been trying to fish a little every day.