Search Fishin.com

Thread: Bluegrass Fish

Post Thanks / Like

Bluegrass Fish

I have been fishing at BG FWA for 2 years now. Here you will find cat, lmb, smb, crappie, bluegill, muskie, carp, and spotted gar. I mainly fish from a standard kayak with lots of success. I have fished every body of water on the property either in my kayak, or shoreline. The best shoreline action is on the pond East of the South end of loon pit. I usually catch 3-4 bass there each trip. In spring of 16' I saw someone pull out a 5lb'r after he had caught 15 bass. Weedless worms work best. Lots of thick vegetation. Now, in the yak, the best spot is the north end of the BG pit. This pit is loaded with spotted gar. But they don't seem to be much of a problem since everytime I go I see multiple schools of shad. I've fished this spot about 20 times the past 2 year and have only been skunked 2-3 times. My best day I caught 8 lmb. 1lb being the smallest, and 3.5 lb being the biggest, and my PB. I've had action using soft baits and hard baits. Not much action on top water, however, I lack some skill in the department. But if you're looking for solid fishing, BG is a sure thing. I'll be heading out there within the next week or so to get acquainted with my new rod and reel set up. I'll post with the details. Catch and Release.

Post Thanks / Like

Make sure you know the rules when you got this fall

Quote Originally Posted by Luke0028 View Post
    I have been fishing at BG FWA for 2 years now. Here you will find cat, lmb, smb, crappie, bluegill, muskie, carp, and spotted gar. I mainly fish from a standard kayak with lots of success. I have fished every body of water on the property either in my kayak, or shoreline. The best shoreline action is on the pond East of the South end of loon pit. I usually catch 3-4 bass there each trip. In spring of 16' I saw someone pull out a 5lb'r after he had caught 15 bass. Weedless worms work best. Lots of thick vegetation. Now, in the yak, the best spot is the north end of the BG pit. This pit is loaded with spotted gar. But they don't seem to be much of a problem since everytime I go I see multiple schools of shad. I've fished this spot about 20 times the past 2 year and have only been skunked 2-3 times. My best day I caught 8 lmb. 1lb being the smallest, and 3.5 lb being the biggest, and my PB. I've had action using soft baits and hard baits. Not much action on top water, however, I lack some skill in the department. But if you're looking for solid fishing, BG is a sure thing. I'll be heading out there within the next week or so to get acquainted with my new rod and reel set up. I'll post with the details. Catch and Release.
    Bluegrass Pits all are closed to waterfowl hunting sometime in the fall of the year. Check to make sure that the waterfowl season is not open before you got out there. Otherwise have a good time fishing. They will issue a ticket to you for fishing when it's closed to waterfowl hunting so beware.

I didn't know that there was smallmouth in Bluegrass anywhere.

https://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/3099.htm

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke0028 View Post
    I have been fishing at BG FWA for 2 years now. Here you will find cat, lmb, smb, crappie, bluegill, muskie, carp, and spotted gar. I mainly fish from a standard kayak with lots of success. I have fished every body of water on the property either in my kayak, or shoreline. The best shoreline action is on the pond East of the South end of loon pit. I usually catch 3-4 bass there each trip. In spring of 16' I saw someone pull out a 5lb'r after he had caught 15 bass. Weedless worms work best. Lots of thick vegetation. Now, in the yak, the best spot is the north end of the BG pit. This pit is loaded with spotted gar. But they don't seem to be much of a problem since everytime I go I see multiple schools of shad. I've fished this spot about 20 times the past 2 year and have only been skunked 2-3 times. My best day I caught 8 lmb. 1lb being the smallest, and 3.5 lb being the biggest, and my PB. I've had action using omegle online soft baits and hard baits. Not much action on top water, however, I lack some skill in the department. But if you're looking for solid fishing, BG is a sure thing. I'll be heading out there within the next week or so to get acquainted with my new rod and reel set up. I'll post with the details. Catch and Release.
    Thanks my issue has been solved