Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cumberland ?

Post Thanks / Like
    tim, regarding attitudes....
    I've met Kevin in person...I'm a pretty good sized feller and I wouldn't wrestle him for the last chicken wing.
    if someone ever approaches his boat with an attitude im betting it will calm waaay down the closer they get.
    the good thing about this though he is absolutely one of the kindest, most accommodating genuine guys you will ever meet. I would think you REALLY have outdone yourself if you've managed to piss him off.
    just saying...

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday on Cumberland

Don’t know what you all are talking about. I owned and I mean owned the area around State Dock yesterday. I’m sure it had nothing to do with the wind . By the way, fishin sucked. Caught 3 small ones.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by x30wakeman View Post
    Don’t know what you all are talking about. I owned and I mean owned the area around State Dock yesterday. I’m sure it had nothing to do with the wind . By the way, fishin sucked. Caught 3 small ones.
    opening weekend of deer gun season and the weather had a lot to with it im sure

Post Thanks / Like

I was looking for kudos

Lol. The weather really sucked!! I figured I was a bad ass!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stripernut1 View Post
    tim, regarding attitudes....
    I've met Kevin in person...I'm a pretty good sized feller and I wouldn't wrestle him for the last chicken wing.
    if someone ever approaches his boat with an attitude im betting it will calm waaay down the closer they get.
    the good thing about this though he is absolutely one of the kindest, most accommodating genuine guys you will ever meet. I would think you REALLY have outdone yourself if you've managed to piss him off.
    just saying...
    Unlikely that I will ever piss him off. The key words he used were talking about fish he found, ain’t nobody ever accused me of being around fish!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    ain’t nobody ever accused me of being around fish!
    I swear you & me are bound to be kin. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    Unlikely that I will ever piss him off. The key words he used were talking about fish he found, ain’t nobody ever accused me of being around fish!
    nice try , you ain't foolin nobody with that "aww shucks I never catch nuttin" act.
    P.S.A. EVERYONE FOLLOW TIM!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stripernut1 View Post
    nice try , you ain't foolin nobody with that "aww shucks I never catch nuttin" act.
    P.S.A. EVERYONE FOLLOW TIM!!
    Suits me,lol! They will get tired of watching me eat potted meat and zesta crackers quickly. Then I’ll be able to get some sleep in.

Post Thanks / Like
    All I know is Cumberland is now a Zoo. I fished the before some of you were born and I have never seen so many **** tournaments and KVD wannabes in my entire life. I mean does anybody fricking work anymore. Mid week you can't even hide. And what the lake really needs is another four or five 200 boat tournaments every weekend, good Lord.

If any of you think this kind of constant pressure isn't hurting that lake I have some great stuff I want to sell you.
    WAKE UP KDFW..................WAKE UP and quit allowing such overkill on our lakes.

Rant concluded, have a nice day
    Likes PRO V LE liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Les Young;579618]How i got the smiley face up top i don't have a clue. lol Tims reply may be a little over the top, but here's another bass fishermens take on it. I'll have to say myself that it's a little rough running up a creek sometimes when there are a half dozen or more striper boats in the middle of the creek pulling boards or balloon fishing. I try to steer clear myself, but sometimes it's kind of hard to maneuver between or around them. I do the best i can personally & really don't think much about it & it's not being rude towards striper fishermen, but really never thought about it like that which i'm sure a lot of bass fishermen don't either. Main lake i'm more than likely going the same direction i was unless i see you from a long ways away & am able to steer clear. For the record i striper fish in winter some & especially at night in the spring & understand what you're saying, but especially if not on the main lake it's hard to maneuver around you guys sometimes because you're in the middle of the creek channel say like in faubush creek where most boats run. Not dissing you at all because i understand your point. I also know that a lot of the younger bass fishermen nowadays haven't been taught the respect that we grew up with & never give it a thought to pull in wherever they want because i've had it happen to me more than once & most of that stems from the high school fishing thing. Don't get me wrong i'm glad these kids are outdoors fishing, but lots of their captains (boaters) are clueless & bought boats just to take these kids fishing which is kind of a double edge sword for all of us. I work with one of these boat captains that had never bass fished & never driven a boat & have answered many a question about boating & fishing & i can assure you it's not always seasoned bass fishermen that cut you off. I also absolutely understand your frustration too because it ***** when it does happen. It takes all kinds & we just have to try to get along as fishermen although it's hard to do sometimes. I bet the crappie fishermen hate us all. lol[/QUOTE
    Striper boats ? I thought you guys were talking about Stripper boats. Stripper boats sound much more exciting to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Seen a few stripper boats on Cumberland in my day!!!! Sorry had to break the tension. I see both sides of this argument being a bass fisherman and a fall/winter time striper fisherman. I’ll tell ya what chaps my azz more than getting blown by at 70 mph is when a 26 foot long 18 foot tall pleasure boat thinks they are doing me a favor by backing off to half throttle and putting the entire hull of the boat back in the water. Taken water over the sides more than once in that situation!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by luvtohunt View Post
    Seen a few stripper boats on Cumberland in my day!!!!
    Oh yeah i grew up above cumberland point & was down there almost every day & saw many, many a stripper boat & loved every one of them. lol