Long awaited cooler weather has come to East Central Florida with the arrival of November, water temps finally lower after a long summer, the fall migration of fish has been moving through the area as they work their way south, schools of Jack Crevalle, Ladyfish and Bluefish, attacking the migratory finger mullet on the surface with white water strikes showing the way to sight casting hook ups with lures or bait and drag pulling bent rods. Water levels also beginning to drop after flood levels of late summer following much rainfall we have had this year. All the different species of our resident inshore saltwater fish are caught here in the north Mosquito Lagoon and Indian River at New Smyrna Beach, including Seatrout, Snook, Redfish, Sheepshead and more. Black Drum are a staple species in the holes, back creeks and channels, here is Noah from Orlando out with me on a recent trip which landed many different fish including a few good Drum ……………….

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nov 2020 Noah Drum.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	177.6 KB 
ID:	20294

Emily and family here visiting from Alaska out with me caught several top water surface striking Jack Crevalle up to about 5 lbs ………………

Name:	Nov 2020 Emily Jack.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	113.3 KB 
ID:	20295

Local New Smyrna Beach resident Bob caught a fun size Shovelnose Shark on light tackle for a good battle …

Name:	Nov 2020 Bob Shark.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	20296

Another local Glen from Ormond Beach Florida got in on the sight fishing fun on Jack Crevalle action with schools attacking baitfish on the surface all around us all morning ………….

Name:	Nov 2020 Glen Jack.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	20297

Snook are always a hopeful target here in the backcountry, any size from little babies which are spawned in the estuary to bigger sizes also, here’s long time regular client Joe from Tampa with a fun size linesider …………

Name:	Nov 2020 Joe Snook.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	117.9 KB 
ID:	20298

Another fun Jack for Jennifer who was here with family visiting from Ohio…………...

Name:	Nov 2020 Jennifer Jack.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	138.6 KB 
ID:	20299

FUN FRIENDLY LIGHT TACKLE FISHING ADVENTURES
Indian River and Mosquito Lagoon Backcountry and Flats Fishing
CHILDRENALWAYS WELCOME – FAIR PRICES
Near Daytona Beach, New Smyrna Beach, and Orlando, East Central Florida

CALLOR TEXT ME ANYTIME 386-689-3781
See my website https://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com

Capt. Michael Savedow