Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finding Peace

Post Thanks / Like

Finding Peace

During this time in our nation, the nation is divided along political ideologies. This division has fostered resentment among our people. So does this resentment lead to confrontation, which leads to a source tension that leads to stress? It seems that is the case, and maybe “conflict aversion” is a much-needed therapy. So what is the best way to make your point or initiate a conversation without triggering a defensive response?

When someone comments on a computer form, it is easier to say things one would not normally say face-to-face, which may lead to feelings and conduct that is not productive. Real facts and solutions most likely will get lost or never will get across. We should stick with the fact and solutions, and not in language abusive in nature. Feeling apprehensive is normal during this time in our nation, but we should keep our emotions in check. We can vent, but not make it personal. Anger is always counterproductive.

When I see all the injustice in our world today, I have to admit; it depresses me. This injustice does make one angry. However, we must find peace in our daily lives, or life is not worth living. So how is this peace possible? Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you (Ephesians 4:31-32). A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger (Proverbs 15:1).

Bonefish
    Likes buickfan70, jp_2, Bassky, jcb, TimE liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Good post but in wrong area. Should be in off topic threads

Please move this post to the offtopic thread area. This is a fishing forum area and is supposed to be about fishing, not politics. Please keep the political type posts off the regular fishing forms bonefish. Your post is good but just in the wrong area.

The problem is that we have two very different types of media that are giving people different opinions. This makes it impossible to know the real facts unless you are there to see things for yourself. Thus the problem. With right-wing talk media and Fox opinion pieces and then the left-wing media like MSNBC and the other center media like PBS, CBS, NBC, and ABC telling different stories from different perspectives it hard to get people to talk to each other. Right now we are talking past each other.

Now since this is the KY fishing forum I expect you to post some fishing stories in here and do away with the bible quotes as poems, please.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Bible quotes, while maybe in the wrong area, are as valid as a quote from any other book as far as I’m concerned. After all, people pick and choose their belief systems from what they’ve been taught as well as what they have read. Christian’s just so happen to have chosen the Bible as their sole basis for their belief system as countless millions have done since the Word has been written. As far as poetry, the Bible is even studied in secular schools as literature; although, I personally believe the Bible to be the Word of God and more than just literature.

Anyway, wrong area but I, for one, enjoyed the original post in its entirety. Thanks for the wisdom Bonefish.

Post Thanks / Like
    I apologize for placing this post on the fishing form. I meant for it to be place on the "Off Topic" form. I must be more careful. I thought Peter had taken the post down when I looked for it. I must be loosing some gray matter these days. I have no problem changing it to the "Off Topic" form. Bonefish
    Likes Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    In my response to Moveon, I will share with the form the story that occurred recently. A few days ago I was working in the yard when I noticed a movement next to me. When I turned around, it was a female turkey. I had no idea where she came. That night she roosted in a tree next to my house. The next day I pulled my boat out garage to go fishing on Cumberland. I went inside to get something, and when I returned, the turkey was sitting in my boat’s driver seat. So if you should be on Cumberland fishing and see an old Deep V Bass Tracker with “Bonefish” on the side with a turkey driving it with me in rear seat, don’t be shocked. Just wave as you pass by.
    Likes jp_2, Wormin, Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

You should post more stories like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonefish View Post
    In my response to Moveon, I will share with the form the story that occurred recently. A few days ago I was working in the yard when I noticed a movement next to me. When I turned around, it was a female turkey. I had no idea where she came. That night she roosted in a tree next to my house. The next day I pulled my boat out garage to go fishing on Cumberland. I went inside to get something, and when I returned, the turkey was sitting in my boat’s driver seat. So if you should be on Cumberland fishing and see an old Deep V Bass Tracker with “Bonefish” on the side with a turkey driving it with me in rear seat, don’t be shocked. Just wave as you pass by.
    Everyone could use a laugh these days with all the world fishing problems. Some of the best things I watched on TV as Bill Dances fishing bloopers.

Post Thanks / Like
    During this time in our nation, the nation is divided along political ideologies. This division has fostered resentment among our people. So does this resentment lead to confrontation, which leads to a source tension that leads to stress? It seems that is the case, and maybe “conflict aversion” is a much-needed therapy. So what is the best way to make your point or initiate a conversation without triggering a defensive response?

When someone comments on a computer form, it is easier to say things one would not normally say face-to-face, which may lead to feelings and conduct that is not productive. Real facts and solutions most likely will get lost or never will get across. We should stick with the fact and solutions, and not in language abusive in nature. Feeling apprehensive is normal during this time in our nation, but we should keep our emotions in check. We can vent, but not make it personal. Anger is always counterproductive.

When I see all the injustice in our world today, I have to admit; it depresses me. This injustice does make one angry. However, we must find peace in our daily lives, or life is not worth living. So how is this peace possible? Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you (Ephesians 4:31-32). A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger (Proverbs 15:1).

Bonefish
    Great post but let’s not forget Luke 22:36

Post Thanks / Like
    To further this, I must say “bye” to my old Deep V Tracker. She gave up on me this late summer. She was with me since 1990. Over the years, I seen to it that she stayed afloat with minor surgery here and there. I would reward her with new electronics and other different additions and she would thank me by leading me to bigger and greater catches on Ky lake, Ky river, Elkhorn creek and most of all, Dale Hollow. She was a great stable platform to enjoy the day and nature with family and friends. Maybe one day I can find one like her albeit a little newer. Many a memory. In solice, she met someone from Indianapolis that has a plan to extend whatever life is left in the ol girl. I wish them well.

Post Thanks / Like
    My old tracker is a 1985. It is still in great condition... No leaks! To many memories to ditch her now.
    Likes CaptObvious, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    Great post but let’s not forget Luke 22:36
    What's your take on what Luke 22:36 tells us?

Post Thanks / Like

Never bring a sword to a gun fight

Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post
    haha

You get a sword I get an AR15 with a fully loaded magazine of 5.56 mm ammo.

Like I said a bunch of old Jewish geezers wrote the old testament in the bible. The elders were wise men who had a lot of life experiences and knew how groups of people deal with each other. They wrote the rules back then. But today some people don't follow the old rules. we make up rules now in legislatures where the legislatures are voted on and elected in a democracy invent by the Greeks.

In summary, never bring a knife to a gunfight! And if he doesn't drop his sword just shoot him and take his fishing boat and fishing equipment and go fishing.

Now you see why this type of stuff does not belong in the KY fishing forum. If you want to put bible quotes in here you will anger those that are not religious. Take that to the off-topic section. If Peter wanted a bible study in here he would have added a religious posting section for bible stuff. in fact, that might be a good idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post
    I think it is clear. I’m not a preacher and frankly move on has already proclaimed this post as offensive. Luke 22:36 doesn’t tell
    “Us” anything.