Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stripernut1 View Post
    thanks for all the well wishes.
    presently I am on day 19 since first symptoms.
    I am recovering at home and starting to see some improvement but still have a very long way to go.
    this has been way more than I bargained for and it has wrecked my body but I'm still kicking.
    happy new year to all

Its great to hear from you. So far Covid has not been in my house but it has found a person that is close to me. In my opinion what makes this virus so strange is the wide spectrum of recovery. You have people who are asymptomatic and never even know they had the virus, then you got the ones who end up on a ventilator and spend multiple days in the ICU. It's just so strange the virus has such a wide range of effects.

As I type this the new year is only hours away. Since I am a self proclaimed fishing nut I always look forward to New Year. It's like my mind tells me your going to get a fresh new start in a short period of time. March and April is my favorite time of the year to fish so once New Year gets here I start having a different outlook because I know that time of the year is right around the corner. Anyways get well soon. I wish you a speedy recovery and hope your back on the water sooner rather than later.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    I'm SO glad you're doing better.........

THE ASSHATS who have no clue about how bad this **** is.....well they will be ASS HATS until they get it or someone they know gets it.

This **** is REAL, it ain't the flu, it isn't easy to kick if you get a real case, and it will KILL YOU quite fast.

Get better , and get your azz out there chasing those big ole brown fish or rock fish.

Later,

Geo
    I don’t know anyone saying the man made china virus isn’t real. Or possibly deadly. If you are referring to me being an “asshat” let me be clear in stating anyone that believes a face diaper is protecting them is a DUMBASS. It is clear with science, it is clear with mask mandates, it is clear with medical personnel. It is clear to anyone that is capable of CRITICAL THINKING, RESEARCH (other than cnn,msnbc,fox), and COMMON SENSE! I have noticed asshats seem a bit more intelligent than DUMB ASSES in 2020, and I don’t even understand the term “asshat”.

I have no idea who you are referring to but I can tell you that n95 masks are ineffective with this biological weapon, face diapers are a complete joke. You have zero science to back up any argument for masks so don’t try and fail again.

As for Strippernut? The only brown fish he catches is drum. Couldn’t catch a smallmouth in a five gallon bucket! Kick it’s ass Strippernut and get back to trolling!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    Its great to hear from you. So far Covid has not been in my house but it has found a person that is close to me. In my opinion what makes this virus so strange is the wide spectrum of recovery. You have people who are asymptomatic and never even know they had the virus, then you got the ones who end up on a ventilator and spend multiple days in the ICU. It's just so strange the virus has such a wide range of effects.

As I type this the new year is only hours away. Since I am a self proclaimed fishing nut I always look forward to New Year. It's like my mind tells me your going to get a fresh new start in a short period of time. March and April is my favorite time of the year to fish so once New Year gets here I start having a different outlook because I know that time of the year is right around the corner. Anyways get well soon. I wish you a speedy recovery and hope your back on the water sooner rather than later.
    Very valid points about china virus. I know people that it hit hard for three days and then they were back to work a day later. Yes, that happens in case Geo was wondering. They were healthy and hit gyms three+ times a week. The virus doesn’t only hit people differently it’s also the standards on quarantine from local health departments. I know people in six counties in Ky that has or had china virus. Every single one of them had different standards. Some would blow your mind with essential workers!

Something ain’t right and it doesn’t take a rocket surgeon to understand that.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear that you are back at home recovering

Quote Originally Posted by stripernut1 View Post
    thanks for all the well wishes.
    presently I am on day 19 since first symptoms.
    I am recovering at home and starting to see some improvement but still have a very long way to go.
    this has been way more than I bargained for and it has wrecked my body but I'm still kicking.
    happy new year to all
    This virus is not going away anytime soon. I only hope that the vaccines can help stop this virus from spreading to others. I'm sorry that you got this virus but am glad that you are out of the hospital.

I think that the monoclonal antibodies have helped a lot of people recover along with steroids. People with different blood types are said to respond differently to the virus. We are all somewhat different unless we are identical twins so the virus can affect each of us somewhat differently. We have a lot to learn about this virus. This virus has infected some Big Cats in the zoos and also infected minks. We know that it probably started in an animal population as did the MERS and other SARS viruses which started in Bats and jumped to other animals before jumping to mankind. We know that it spread through the air in large and tiny droplets of spit. We know that it takes a few days to incubate before it can be found by testing with PCR. It has to incubate and grow in numbers before the tests can find it. We also know that people who have the virus and have not tested positive yet can spread the virus to others. We know that the density of the virus is important to it's spreading. The more virus particles that you get inside your nose and throat the more likely you are to be infected. And we know that the immune system has a lot to do with how well we can fight the virus. We also know that N95 masks help protect our hospital workers from getting infected even though they work in close contact with infected people in the hospital. We know that coughing into the arm helps slow the spread of virus particles into the air. And we know that covering the mouth and nose slows the speed of the spit or mucus coming out when we cough or talk. And we know that the farther away you get from an infected person the better. Distance helps stop the spread. We know that there are mask materials that work better than others. Just because one material doesn't work as well as the other does not mean that it's useless to wear. Single layers of cloth with low thread counts and a loose thread weave is not as good at stopping the virus as a multi-layer cotton material with a high thread count and tighter weave. Both help slow the speed and distance that a sneeze travels. And that coupled with social distancing helps slow the spread of this virus. We also know that if you don't wear a mask and don't social distance the virus will get you faster. Just look at what happened at the White House in the past month. And we know that even with the vaccines being administered these days that we may have to still wear masks and social distance and wash our hands for the future. We have no idea how long these vaccines will protect us from this virus. And we also know that this virus has mutated and it's even more contagious now.

As Geo said. Get well and get back out there fishing again. At least when out there fishing we are for the most part socially distancing from each other. I can't carry a long stick into the grocery store and wack anyone that gets too close to me but I can cast my crankbaits at anyone that gets their boat too close to my fishing spot.

And make sure that you wear a HAT to keep the sun out of your eyes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    I don’t know anyone saying the man made china virus isn’t real. Or possibly deadly. If you are referring to me being an “asshat” let me be clear in stating anyone that believes a face diaper is protecting them is a DUMBASS. It is clear with science, it is clear with mask mandates, it is clear with medical personnel. It is clear to anyone that is capable of CRITICAL THINKING, RESEARCH (other than cnn,msnbc,fox), and COMMON SENSE! I have noticed asshats seem a bit more intelligent than DUMB ASSES in 2020, and I don’t even understand the term “asshat”.

I have no idea who you are referring to but I can tell you that n95 masks are ineffective with this biological weapon, face diapers are a complete joke. You have zero science to back up any argument for masks so don’t try and fail again.

As for Strippernut? The only brown fish he catches is drum. Couldn’t catch a smallmouth in a five gallon bucket! Kick it’s ass Strippernut and get back to trolling!
    I dropped zero names..............

I think you and I are on the same page in most instances......

I would NEVER call you or anyone out by name.

I'm getting up early for my last day at Dale tomorrow, so I'm done for now

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    I dropped zero names..............

I think you and I are on the same page in most instances......

I would NEVER call you or anyone out by name.

I'm getting up early for my last day at Dale tomorrow, so I'm done for now
    Popcorn......... how is it fishing? I may spend a couple days down there next week. They still eating topwater?
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Stripernut, i hope you get over this crap quickly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    Popcorn......... how is it fishing? I may spend a couple days down there next week. They still eating topwater?
    I spent 33 days of 42 on the water. I fished monday, tue, wed of every week till about 10am, and then went to work.

Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun, every weekend but christmas I fished sunup to sundown.

Fishing was pretty good............caught LOTS of serious fish, just not as many total fish as normal.

I've already booked the cabin for next year .

Post Thanks / Like
    Any updates?

Post Thanks / Like
    i just want to know how many people have the regular flu

Post Thanks / Like

Flu cases are down this year due to mask wearing

Quote Originally Posted by dragmerc View Post
    People are wearing masks and social distancing more than in the past and thus the number of flu cases is way down. Mask work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dragmerc View Post
    Strippernut has been down for awhile. I doubt it is regular flu.