Search Fishin.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dragmerc View Post
    i just want to know how many people have the regular flu
    I think I heard something about double masks tonight on news. Maybe that is why flu is down? Otherwise, the believers should wear double masks from now on. I’d go a step farther and ask that they completely hide from society. They seem to know what’s best, even if cases exploded after mask mandate.

Post Thanks / Like
    I often hear people discuss whether they think wearing a mask is effective or non effective regarding the spread of the virus but I think they are overlooking that proper mask wearing is only a portion of the puzzle to slow down the spread of the virus. Personally I think proper mask wearing will help reduce the spread of the virus BUT you might as well throw it away if your not going to wear it correct and do several other things that helps reduces the spread of the virus.

A person needs to properly wash their hands on a regular basis. Now I am not saying you need to scrub like a surgeon getting ready to go into the operating room but simply dapping some soap on their hands and wiping them together for a couple seconds is not properly washing your hands. Then you need to avoid touching your nose, mouth and eyes unless absolutely necessary and in the event you need to use a clean tissue.

Now regarding social distancing, keeping 6ft apart is a good thing but its not one of those things you need to practice most of the time it needs to be done all of the time.

Am I guilty of not doing everything I mentioned ALL of the time. Yes but I do put forth an effort to do what I can and wish I did not slip as often as I do. The spread of the virus can be drastically slowed down but the biggest problem is the human race. As people and especially Americans we have been taught we have freedom and we have rights, which I do fully support. However that does not mean everyone is smart enough to use common sense when expressing their freedoms and rights. A lot of people have the mentality they know what's best but in reality its not the case.

I am not very educated when it comes to the bible and I may very well show my ignorance in my next statement but so be it. I don't mean to turn this into a religion post but I like to think god gave me common sense and as a person part of my responsibility is to use the common sense he gave me. I know people who I feel confident if they died right now they would go to heaven but these same people use enough common sense not to step out in front of a moving bus because they know it will kill them. In other words what I am trying to say is why risk yourself with the corona virus when you know there is multiple safe things to do in order to avoid contracting the virus...Don't step out in front of that moving bus, protect yourself.

I don't comment very often here in the off topic discussion board because most of the time the discussion seems to turn into a D1cK measuring contest. Often times I find them entertaining. On the rare occasion when I do chime in I will guarantee this... I am either going to be as sarcastic as Sheldon Cooper or be as straight up as I can...this reply has been straight up. Mask wearing is only a small portion of the puzzle. Until people start using common sense, stop making I know better than him decisions, having half heartily faith they will be okay buy doing as they please and start doing everything that is required to slow the spread of this virus it will be a long hard battle. .
    Likes Moveon, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    I often hear people discuss whether they think wearing a mask is effective or non effective regarding the spread of the virus but I think they are overlooking that proper mask wearing is only a portion of the puzzle to slow down the spread of the virus. Personally I think proper mask wearing will help reduce the spread of the virus BUT you might as well throw it away if your not going to wear it correct and do several other things that helps reduces the spread of the virus.

A person needs to properly wash their hands on a regular basis. Now I am not saying you need to scrub like a surgeon getting ready to go into the operating room but simply dapping some soap on their hands and wiping them together for a couple seconds is not properly washing your hands. Then you need to avoid touching your nose, mouth and eyes unless absolutely necessary and in the event you need to use a clean tissue.

Now regarding social distancing, keeping 6ft apart is a good thing but its not one of those things you need to practice most of the time it needs to be done all of the time.

Am I guilty of not doing everything I mentioned ALL of the time. Yes but I do put forth an effort to do what I can and wish I did not slip as often as I do. The spread of the virus can be drastically slowed down but the biggest problem is the human race. As people and especially Americans we have been taught we have freedom and we have rights, which I do fully support. However that does not mean everyone is smart enough to use common sense when expressing their freedoms and rights. A lot of people have the mentality they know what's best but in reality its not the case.

I am not very educated when it comes to the bible and I may very well show my ignorance in my next statement but so be it. I don't mean to turn this into a religion post but I like to think god gave me common sense and as a person part of my responsibility is to use the common sense he gave me. I know people who I feel confident if they died right now they would go to heaven but these same people use enough common sense not to step out in front of a moving bus because they know it will kill them. In other words what I am trying to say is why risk yourself with the corona virus when you know there is multiple safe things to do in order to avoid contracting the virus...Don't step out in front of that moving bus, protect yourself.

I don't comment very often here in the off topic discussion board because most of the time the discussion seems to turn into a D1cK measuring contest. Often times I find them entertaining. On the rare occasion when I do chime in I will guarantee this... I am either going to be as sarcastic as Sheldon Cooper or be as straight up as I can...this reply has been straight up. Mask wearing is only a small portion of the puzzle. Until people start using common sense, stop making I know better than him decisions, having half heartily faith they will be okay buy doing as they please and start doing everything that is required to slow the spread of this virus it will be a long hard battle. .
    Haha. Don’t have a measuring stick handy kid. Wear a mask if you want to or required. Wear two masks, makes no difference to me. I wear masks, my face shows the results of it. Don’t get offended if I tell you to step back even if you are wearing double useless masks.

People generally have their best interests in mind but the truth is if you are a believer, well you can’t increase odds of a one horse derby. Period. I’m tired of this ****, I know everyone is. No idea what Strippernuts status is but I know we have all known someone close who has struggled through this. The real deal is we will all have or had our experience with china virus, all the precautions,lockdowns,slow the spread, etc has been a colossal failure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    The real deal is we will all have or had our experience with china virus, all the precautions,lockdowns,slow the spread, etc has been a colossal failure.
    I'm curious what data or evidence leads you to this conclusion. We have (like you said) a tough situation. Pretty soon we'll have 400K dead and it's hard not to believe it'll be a half million or more before we're done. What leads you to believe the precautions/lockdowns/slow the spread efforts haven't had any impact on the spread or number of deaths? Do you think the numbers would be what they are if we didn't do any of those things?

Post Thanks / Like

separation and wearing a mask are both required

Haha. Don’t have a measuring stick handy kid. Wear a mask if you want to or required. Wear two masks, makes no difference to me. I wear masks, my face shows the results of it. Don’t get offended if I tell you to step back even if you are wearing double useless masks.

People generally have their best interests in mind but the truth is if you are a believer, well you can’t increase odds of a one horse derby. Period. I’m tired of this ****, I know everyone is. No idea what Strippernuts status is but I know we have all known someone close who has struggled through this. The real deal is we will all have or had our experience with china virus, all the precautions, lockdowns,slow the spread, etc has been a colossal failure.
    You can't take one of them away and still get the same results. Which is what you are trying to do. And you must wash your hands a lot to prevent contamination of the mask with dirty hands.

The fact that the number of flu cases is way down this year proves that the masks, distancing in public, and washing hands are working.

When people get too close to each other and don't wear a mask like what happened in the Capitol Building this last week you can pass the virus onto each other more easily. Several member of the GOP House of Representatives refused to wear masks and one or more were infected with the virus and passed the virus onto others in the small room where the house members were holed up during the insurrection. Now that was a colossal failure. The White House even where many failed to wear a mask proved that the virus is highly contagious when you don't wear a mask and social distance even outside in the sunlight. 7 people were infected in a few minutes as they refused to wear masks and were hugging each other in very close contact.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post
    I'm curious what data or evidence leads you to this conclusion. We have (like you said) a tough situation. Pretty soon we'll have 400K dead and it's hard not to believe it'll be a half million or more before we're done. What leads you to believe the precautions/lockdowns/slow the spread efforts haven't had any impact on the spread or number of deaths? Do you think the numbers would be what they are if we didn't do any of those things?
    I’m guessing you missed all the governors today ,including NY’s , say it was time to open back up. We are still setting records everyday and cases did rise after mask mandates. I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone claim that lockdowns work.

One problem is the spreaders, take for instance the positive liberal lawmaker that broke quarantine so she could vote for pelosi as speaker. They undoubtedly spread it to many other lawmakers who then unknowingly spread it to others.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    OK

Post Thanks / Like

If I had my way I would shut down more not less.

I’m guessing you missed all the governors today ,including NY’s , say it was time to open back up. We are still setting records everyday and cases did rise after mask mandates. I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone claim that lockdowns work.

One problem is the spreaders, take for instance the positive liberal lawmaker that broke quarantine so she could vote for pelosi as speaker. They undoubtedly spread it to many other lawmakers who then unknowingly spread it to others.
    We all know that the virus spread when we get too close together so we need to keep our distance from each other. That is impossible to do without shutting down.

I wonder how Stripernut is doing also. I hope he is recovering

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I heard something about double masks tonight on news. Maybe that is why flu is down? Otherwise, the believers should wear double masks from now on. I’d go a step farther and ask that they completely hide from society. They seem to know what’s best, even if cases exploded after mask mandate.
    WE were at pandemic levels of flu last year, when Corona was "starting"..

I think some Corona deaths are in reality flu deaths, especially if they were not officially tested for corona. WHICH has lead to higher corona deaths early on.

The numbers are all effed up........and they are hard to find.

I strongly suggest people evaluate DATA for themselves.....I'm honestly tired of trying to educate people on stuff. The numbers and the data are all available.

I will still wear a mask Not because I'm told to, but because I've evaluated the information for myself, and made my OWN decision.

If I didn't think they didn't work , there is no effing way the gubment would tell me to wear one.
    Likes Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

yep, the governors realize the financial impact of shuttign it all down. Hell Cuomo said there will be nothing to start back up if they don't get their **** together........He's RIGHT.......There has to be a real discussion about the total economic destruction of the UNILATERAL shutdowns. And New York will never recover. They are militant already and have some of the highest taxes in teh country. On top of that , most of their major businesses are moving headquarters, and tens of thousands of millionaires have left. YEP New York is effed.

CRAZY.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

What is the financial impact of anohter 500,000 dead

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    yep, the governors realize the financial impact of shuttign it all down. Hell Cuomo said there will be nothing to start back up if they don't get their **** together........He's RIGHT.......There has to be a real discussion about the total economic destruction of the UNILATERAL shutdowns. And New York will never recover. They are militant already and have some of the highest taxes in teh country. On top of that , most of their major businesses are moving headquarters, and tens of thousands of millionaires have left. YEP New York is effed.

CRAZY.

Later,

Geo
    Shut it down for a few weeks until everyone can get the vaccination. If you don't wear a mask and get the vaccinations millions more people will be dead.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    Shut it down for a few weeks until everyone can get the vaccination. If you don't wear a mask and get the vaccinations millions more people will be dead.
    You obviously have ZERO clue about distribution , logistics, and time.

It won't be a few weeks. We will not vaccinate the majority of people in America until the Fall. So, you're saying shut it all down till the Fall?

I mean, be very CLEAR..........state your position. We are vaccinating 500,000 a day. At that rate we need 600 days.....

So either you're pretty ill informed about stuff, an antagonist, or just an IDIOT.

YOU CHOOSE.

Later

Geo