Search Fishin.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Keeping everyone separated for 2 weeks breaks the chain

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    You obviously have ZERO clue about distribution , logistics, and time.

It won't be a few weeks. We will not vaccinate the majority of people in America until the Fall. So, you're saying shut it all down till the Fall?

I mean, be very CLEAR..........state your position. We are vaccinating 500,000 a day. At that rate we need 600 days.....

So either you're pretty ill informed about stuff, an antagonist, or just an IDIOT.

YOU CHOOSE.

Later

Geo
    You are not seeing the forest for the trees

The vaccine is not our only tool. The Chinese used lockdowns to stop the spread of the virus in Wuhan and even larger provinces in China. Other countries like Korea used masks and separation to shut the virus down. They didn't even have a vaccine back then. So you missed the point. The vaccine is just icing on the cake. I got my 1st Pfizer vaccine shot yesterday. I didn't get the virus by staying away from other people who might have the virus and wearing a mask anytime I had to be near other people. I made it over 13 months without getting the virus and didn't get the vaccine until yesterday. And I will continue to stay away from other people and wear a mask even after I get the second vaccine shot and get immunity 10 days from that date. The vaccine does not mean you can't still acquire the virus and spread it to others. So we will still be required to wear a mask and social distance to stop the spread of the virus. The companies that make the virus is trying to prove that the vaccine stops one from getting the virus and spreading it to others but right now they only know that it's 95% effective in stopping the virus from infecting you where you are symptomatic. So you can still be infected and not symptomatic and not even know you are infected even after getting the vaccine.

The best way to not get the virus is to stay away from other people and or animals that can carry and spread the virus.

Lots of small companies and even large companies shut down for 2 weeks every year without any harm to the company. Trump was the most dangerous person in the USA this past year. His treatment of the virus was what caused him to lose to Biden.

Geo you have a lot to learn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    You are not seeing the forest for the trees

The vaccine is not our only tool. The Chinese used lockdowns to stop the spread of the virus in Wuhan and even larger provinces in China. Other countries like Korea used masks and separation to shut the virus down. They didn't even have a vaccine back then. So you missed the point. The vaccine is just icing on the cake. I got my 1st Pfizer vaccine shot yesterday. I didn't get the virus by staying away from other people who might have the virus and wearing a mask anytime I had to be near other people. I made it over 13 months without getting the virus and didn't get the vaccine until yesterday. And I will continue to stay away from other people and wear a mask even after I get the second vaccine shot and get immunity 10 days from that date. The vaccine does not mean you can't still acquire the virus and spread it to others. So we will still be required to wear a mask and social distance to stop the spread of the virus. The companies that make the virus is trying to prove that the vaccine stops one from getting the virus and spreading it to others but right now they only know that it's 95% effective in stopping the virus from infecting you where you are symptomatic. So you can still be infected and not symptomatic and not even know you are infected even after getting the vaccine.

The best way to not get the virus is to stay away from other people and or animals that can carry and spread the virus.

Lots of small companies and even large companies shut down for 2 weeks every year without any harm to the company. Trump was the most dangerous person in the USA this past year. His treatment of the virus was what caused him to lose to Biden.

Geo you have a lot to learn.

Shut it down for a few weeks until everyone can get the vaccination. If you don't wear a mask and get the vaccinations millions more people will be dead.

THAT is what you said.....I responded to WHAT you said......

And very very few companies shut down for 2 weeks every year. The ones that do plan for that, and can then restart quite easily afterwards.

The entire supply chain in our economic engine is being rogered by massive and IGNORANT lockdowns.

It is basic, economics.....even a caveman can see that.

Later,

Geo
    Likes TimE liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Cavemen didn't understand viruses.

Shut it down for a few weeks until everyone can get the vaccination. If you don't wear a mask and get the vaccinations millions more people will be dead.

THAT is what you said.....I responded to WHAT you said......

And very very few companies shut down for 2 weeks every year. The ones that do plan for that, and can then restart quite easily afterwards.

The entire supply chain in our economic engine is being rogered by massive and IGNORANT lockdowns.

It is basic, economics.....even a caveman can see that.

Later,

Geo
    Even a caveman would do a better job as President than Donald J Trump did.

Post Thanks / Like

I will no longer respond to MoveON

I challenge all others to do the same. He has no interest in conversation or debate.

He actually NEVER has be interested in conversation or debate.

Later,

Geo
    Likes TimE, dragmerc, LJP liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Better yet stop spreading lies and misinformation

I challenge all others to do the same. He has no interest in conversation or debate.

He actually NEVER has be interested in conversation or debate.

Later,

Geo
    Geo, you need to stop spreading the Right-Wing Trump lies and misinformation. There is nothing to debate with you when you start off with blatant lies and misinformation. I have plenty of interest in debating the facts but you don't get to make up the facts. Facts are facts and lies are just lies. When you come up with this crap about the SCOTUS and cases that don't exist then you might as well not try to talk to me about that kind of crap.

BTW: Never say never as that will set you up for Great Failure!

Trump is having a big party tonight at Mar Largo and you all are invited. LOL Drag is selling tickets at his place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Stripernut, how are you doing? Best regards and be healthy and fishing soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m interested in knowing how he is doing also. Looks like around a month since he has been on here.

Post Thanks / Like

Stop the spread and isolate anyone who has the virus from us

You obviously have ZERO clue about distribution , logistics, and time.

It won't be a few weeks. We will not vaccinate the majority of people in America until the Fall. So, you're saying shut it all down till the Fall?

I mean, be very CLEAR..........state your position. We are vaccinating 500,000 a day. At that rate we need 600 days.....

So either you're pretty ill informed about stuff, an antagonist, or just an IDIOT.

YOU CHOOSE.

Later

Geo
    Just take those that have the virus and put them in quarantine for 2 weeks' time. But we have to isolate everyone because with this virus you can spread it to others even if you are asymptomatic. That is the **** problem. The virus needs to transmit itself to a new host or die. So spread everyone away from each other for 2 weeks and let the virus die out. This is how the Chinese did it. And they practically wiped the virus out of china using isolation for just a month where the virus started out. The Chinese are smarter than us and will have fewer deaths per capita using draconian control tactics.

I wish that he would respond. I'm worried about him now that we have not heard from him in such a long time. This virus can come back after one gets feeling better sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    People are wearing masks and social distancing more than in the past and thus the number of flu cases is way down. Mask work.
    Masks work and keeping kids out of school helped. It was and still is tough on us with kids in elementary school. As a certified germaphobe i don't mind wearing masks now and seeing more people wash their hands. Plus staying 6 ft away from others is wonderful to me!
    I had Covid and was lucky. My reaction was mild but i was very tired and ended up with bronchitis at the end. So for me it was 3 weeks of being out of sorts. Its been 3 weeks since i recovered and my lungs are just getting back to a comparable ability while exercising.
    Likes jcb, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    Masks work and keeping kids out of school helped. It was and still is tough on us with kids in elementary school. As a certified germaphobe i don't mind wearing masks now and seeing more people wash their hands. Plus staying 6 ft away from others is wonderful to me!
    I had Covid and was lucky. My reaction was mild but i was very tired and ended up with bronchitis at the end. So for me it was 3 weeks of being out of sorts. Its been 3 weeks since i recovered and my lungs are just getting back to a comparable ability while exercising.
    Got the first Moderna shot Tuesday and man I'm so happy. Overweight, high blood pressure, and a sporadic heart issue here, so if I had gotten it, it wouldn't have been good.

Post Thanks / Like

I get my 2nd vaccine today

Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post
    Got the first Moderna shot Tuesday and man I'm so happy. Overweight, high blood pressure, and a sporadic heart issue here, so if I had gotten it, it wouldn't have been good.
    I'm heading out today to get my second vaccine shot. I got the Pfizer shot on my birthday as they were only giving it to those 70 or older. I was scheduled to get the 2nd shot a week ago but the ice storm hit and I had to reschedule the shot time. Today it's sunny outside and yesterday the temperature hit 62 deg F. I too have heart issues and need to get the vaccine so that I can go out safely again.

I read today that Moderna was making a new vaccine for the South African Variant of the virus and they are starting clinical trials now. They may give a 3rd booster shot for those that already got the first two shots so as to cover the new variants of the virus.

It's sad that we have not heard from the OP in a while. I'm hoping that he is OK.

Good luck with your shot. I took my 95-year-old mother to get her vaccines and they gave her the Moderna vaccine and she didn't have any problems with it at all. I had a sore arm for two days. I have had some headaches lately but I think that is more to do with my heart issues. Nothing that some Tylenol won't help.
    Likes jcb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post
    Yes Sir that would be a recipe for a bad situation. I heard on NPR this morning about Johnson and Johnson having a single shot vaccine coming out.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/24/healt...sis/index.html