Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good question. I actually prefer people to stay on plane when they pass. The crazy part is I always come off plane and idle by others?
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    If you're coming off plane before you ever get to them them & trying to be nice which seems like you definitely are by idling past them & they're acting like an ass about it piss on them. You can't suit some no matter how hard you try especially with them owning the water and all & you not having a right to be there. lol Just use your better judgement & roll on.
    So, so true.............some people you can never please. I especially love the people who wanna give you crap for fishing a spot because they drove 300 miles or whatever, and I'm on their spot........Yea, go EAT IT.

Likes Les Young liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Somewhere there is a video of Gerald Swindle flying by Randy Howell in a creek channel. Swindle is throwing hand signals while Randy says with Alabama drawl, “he shouldn’t have done that”. I think Swindle got disqualified?

This has always been an interesting question for me as I fish many lakes that is drawn down to nothing but creek channels. IMO, Swindle disturbed Howell less by cruising by on plane than if he had killed it and thrown wake boat waves at a high idle. Even a no wake idle would almost throw same disturbance for a longer period than on plane. Great question and honestly one that I have thought about several times.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    So, so true.............some people you can never please. I especially love the people who wanna give you crap for fishing a spot because they drove 300 miles or whatever, and I'm on their spot........Yea, go EAT IT.

I keep looking for your boat at the holler. I swear I’m gonna sit down right beside you. Hope you invite me for supper!
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    I keep looking for your boat at the holler. I swear I’m gonna sit down right beside you. Hope you invite me for supper!
    I have not been since Jan 4th or so. Prob won't be back until next fall, which *****

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    I have not been since Jan 4th or so. Prob won't be back until next fall, which *****
    I’m still looking for that application or resume request.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for info Cumberland river below burkesville

Is it good to run boats on plane and water depth

Post Thanks / Like

Cumberland river help

Would like to find out if the river was good to run downriver from burkesville thanks powell bass

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    Somewhere there is a video of Gerald Swindle flying by Randy Howell in a creek channel. Swindle is throwing hand signals while Randy says with Alabama drawl, “he shouldn’t have done that”. I think Swindle got disqualified?

This has always been an interesting question for me as I fish many lakes that is drawn down to nothing but creek channels. IMO, Swindle disturbed Howell less by cruising by on plane than if he had killed it and thrown wake boat waves at a high idle. Even a no wake idle would almost throw same disturbance for a longer period than on plane. Great question and honestly one that I have thought about several times.
    The hand motion you see G doing is asking the boat to the right of the camera boat who is moving on his trolling motor to get over more. You will see him motion them right then signal he is going straight. Most people think G got DQ for buzzing Howell and this is not the case. He was close to Howell but it was his close proximity to the camera and spectator boat while up on plane at a decent speed that got him disqualified.

Here is the link..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50tBPVkz1zM

The right call was made. That was a reckless driving move so G got a DQ.

Post Thanks / Like
    I worry more about barge traffic on the Cumberland. But then again I'm on a little different stretch.