Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

I just finished up 42 days on Dale Hollow

Man, talk about a BLAST........I'm fortunate enough to work for a company what allows me to work from anywhere.

Well, Anywhere for the past 5 years has been 7-8 weeks every winter at Dale Hollow. Basically, I move my office to Dale Hollow, setup shop and try to fish every day.

In 42 days, I fished for at least 2-3 hours 33 of those days. My say would start at 4:00am, and I'd get up , logon, make breakfast, and check/plan my day. AT 6:00am, I'd hit the lake, and fish till about 10:00. Then back into the office and finish up my day working.

Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of every week, that was my mornings. Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, I took completely off and fished before sunrise to after sunset..........

Jigs, Swimbaits, Tail Spinners and the most obvious method...........the float and fly.

I'm completely worn out though, and need a vaca from it all .

Unfortunately, I'm done with Dale for now, and probably done with fishing until March or April.

Oh well, back to work I guess
    Likes riverrat12, x30wakeman liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, that sounds awesome. What were your best couple of days like? Did you hook up with any hogs?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jp_2 View Post
    Man, that sounds awesome. What were your best couple of days like? Did you hook up with any hogs?
    No gigantic fish this year..............lots over 4 and a few over 5.

Best days were mid December, with 17, and 16 on back to back days. 1 day on the Fly, the second day on tail spinners and swimbaits. Two different areas, but the BAIT was balled up seriously on both spots. That fly day, most the fish came off 1 spot, just like the Tail spinner day. On the Tail Spinner day we caught 12 on one point in 4 hours.....

The week after that , we caught 10-12 a day for 3-4 days, then it really slowed down to single digits, from there on.

There were a couple days the week after Christmas that we caught them good on the fly with a couple over 5........

ALL in all........IT was a GREAT, GREAT time.

Later,

Geo
    Likes jp_2, R19, fishincreek liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Poor guy, what a man has to do for a living this days.I wish I could fill your pain.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

George

You're quickly becoming my hero. lol It would be nice to be able to do that for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your company accepting applications? Where do you rent cabin at a marina or vrbo/etc? I imagine price is negotiable for such a long stay.

Regardless, great report and glad to hear you caught them! What did water temps look like?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    Your company accepting applications? Where do you rent cabin at a marina or vrbo/etc? I imagine price is negotiable for such a long stay.

Regardless, great report and glad to hear you caught them! What did water temps look like?
    I've been renting this place for a long long time........prob 15 years or so.....

A well known guide on Dale built them to house his clients for his all inclusive guide trips. When he slowed down guiding he started renting them more often. When he sold out a few years ago, the woman who bought them planned to rent them a lot.

I do get a pretty good long term rate, but could probably beat it at a few other places........but you know what, I LOVE this place, and will continue to stay there for a while in the future.

Oh BTW...........Elwood put me onto this place, as he also used to rent from him.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

FLY day?

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    No gigantic fish this year..............lots over 4 and a few over 5.

Best days were mid December, with 17, and 16 on back to back days. 1 day on the Fly, the second day on tail spinners and swimbaits. Two different areas, but the BAIT was balled up seriously on both spots. That fly day, most the fish came off 1 spot, just like the Tail spinner day. On the Tail Spinner day we caught 12 on one point in 4 hours.....

The week after that , we caught 10-12 a day for 3-4 days, then it really slowed down to single digits, from there on.

There were a couple days the week after Christmas that we caught them good on the fly with a couple over 5........

ALL in all........IT was a GREAT, GREAT time.

Later,

Geo
    Can you elaborate on the fly day???

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gforcetrivers View Post
    Can you elaborate on the fly day???
    One creek..........I won't mention which one. Fished back a ways, no bites........Turned on side imaging and imaged back further. Actually further than I'd normally fish.

If you've ever taken Dave Stewart's classes, you know the last bend in a creek is a "magic" spot. Well for a 30-40 yard stretch the BAIT and the BASS were stacked the freak up. and I mean STACKED.

I flipped to side and down and saw more arches than I had ever seen........ARCHES like you'd see at KY lake now with all the asian carp. I knew they were nothing but BASS, and a **** ton of them.

Andy and I flipped around and started fishing the fly.........

Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom.......5 in the boat in 20 minutes. We stayed there for 2 hours and caught 12 or so. I think we had 4 before that.

And folks this was mid day.........

It was magical.

BTW "Andy" is the guy I sold my old 17 ft tracker to over 14-15 years ago. We lost touch after that, and a few years ago he looked me up on Facebook and said, hey, are you that GeoFisher dude from Fishin . com that I bought a boat from........

I said, Maybe . We've been friends ever since. Fished together at KY Lake, Barkley, Dale, a few lakes in Indiana, and he's been to Quetico with me.

Later,

Geo
    Likes jcb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    If you're a FB friend of mine...........

Here is the link to the Album.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6638715&type=3

Post Thanks / Like

FB pictures are phenomenal

I don’t even have FB but was able to check the pictures out. Outstanding! Thoroughly enjoyed viewing them!! Like how you guys roll with the food and adult beverages too!! Looks like many a great times were had!!!

Post Thanks / Like

George

No doubt you guys had a blast & some good smallmouth in that bunch of pics too.